Club To Make League History!

Didn’t Huddersfield release a pink kit to buy with the proceeds going to charity (either this season or last) although i dont think they ever played in it!

Bristol Rovers had one. Not sure if they wore it for a charity game.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Spurs play in a home kit which was half blue and half white for an anniversary game last year. I don't think that got registered at the start of the season, and I don't think the rules have changed since Man U introduced their third kit (yellow and green one) halfway through a season once in the 90s. Plus, haven't us (and probably some other teams as well) played in third kits which have only been needed due to a cup game so I would wager the kit wasn't registered at the start of the season then.

I like the pink kit idea but then again I had the idea as our 'permanent' away kit a few months back.

Also the anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster last season. Both M*nch*st*r clubs wore the old fashioned shirts to commemerate the anniversary of the event, did they the authoroties approve this before the season started or whe they was told to by United?

Personally I hope they've agreed with the football league to test safe standing when they build the new Broadway stand, however this is highly unlikely! God knows what it is but I imagine it won't be as good as we all think.

I'm with you fella, bollocks to these shiny, soulless, characterless, clone-like plastic stadiums........let's get a jock-off standing terrace back at Latics and start enjoying watching football again...that'll do more to get the crowds back than any discount ST initiative.

Guest sheridans_world

Yeah, standing is a good shout, apart from the fact it already exists.

Totally think its a good idea though, but it doesnt make history.......

Puzzled...

I'm with you fella, bollocks to these shiny, soulless, characterless, clone-like plastic stadiums........let's get a jock-off standing terrace back at Latics and start enjoying watching football again...that'll do more to get the crowds back than any discount ST initiative.

:laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Brilliant. Not heard that since I was at school!

Yeah, standing is a good shout, apart from the fact it already exists.

Totally think its a good idea though, but it doesnt make history.......

Puzzled...

There's still the old style of terracing but 'Safe Standing' is new and is currently being used successfully in Germany. There's no chance of the old terracing coming back but the modern terracing is a must for future development in football stadia. I would be very impressed with the FA and football league if they agreed to a trial but I just can't see them making an effort to bring it back.

Bristol Rovers had one. Not sure if they wore it for a charity game.

They announced it as an April Fool, and when all the fans said they actually liked it, it was chosen as their third strip.

IIRC they wanted to wear it at Shrewsbury away a couple of seasons back, but there was some kerfuffle with them wanting to wear pink and people complaining it was offensive as it was at Gay Meadow and like they were taking the pish. Just writing that out, I'm not sure where I've got it from or if it's even correct. Will google and see what I can find. In fact, it does seem like a load of tosh...

Hungary.

Another suggestion i had thought considering the MTK Hungaria link, but apparently Arsenal have done it already..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ts-malaria.html

"The Ivory Coast international was taken to hospital after developing symptoms while on the club’s pre-season tour of Austria and Hungary"

They announced it as an April Fool, and when all the fans said they actually liked it, it was chosen as their third strip.

IIRC they wanted to wear it at Shrewsbury away a couple of seasons back, but there was some kerfuffle with them wanting to wear pink and people complaining it was offensive as it was at Gay Meadow and like they were taking the pish. Just writing that out, I'm not sure where I've got it from or if it's even correct. Will google and see what I can find. In fact, it does seem like a load of tosh...

Soccer AM did a piece on it a couple of seasons ago, but I'm sure the problem was that if you sell a kit it has to be played in a certain number of times.

Latics will play in a pink kit against leeds. they had to go to the football league to get permission. its in support of breast cancer awareness. I wasnt alowed to say till this morning coz they said they would kil me. the shirts will be auctioned off after the game. only 17 to be made.

feels nice to get it out of my system.

Edited by FLH1993

Another suggestion i had thought considering the MTK Hungaria link, but apparently Arsenal have done it already..

"The Ivory Coast international was taken to hospital after developing symptoms while on the club’s pre-season tour of Austria and Hungary"

Arsenal are not in the Football League.

Latics will play in a pink kit against leeds. they had to go to the football league to get permission. its in support of breast cancer awareness. ... the shirts will be auctioned off after the game. only 17 to be made.

Altogether now.....

We'll drink a drink a drink

To Latics in pink in pink in pink

The first League Club to set the pace

For we're supporting breast cancer awareness

Give generously in every case

Altogether now.....

We'll drink a drink a drink

To Latics in pink in pink in pink

The first League Club to set the pace

For we're supporting breast cancer awareness

Give generously in every case

Am I the only one who actually thinks this neon pink kit is wicked? And im actually quite disappointed that it will not be available for sale!!

I wonder that if there's a lot of us tics who like this strip, would the club consider this to be the permanent away strip for the 'championship' in 09/10.........I HOPE SO!!

Am I the only one who actually thinks this neon pink kit is wicked? And im actually quite disappointed that it will not be available for sale!!

I wonder that if there's a lot of us tics who like this strip, would the club consider this to be the permanent away strip for the 'championship' in 09/10.........I HOPE SO!!

No you're not according to the Poll.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20711&hl=