dear andy liddell

No, it's because when we like to patronise people age is an easy subject.

I was under to the impression it was because when you got to 60 you saw the footballing light and clearly knew better that everybody within the stadium. Or have you stopped implying that now?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if thats the case then how do you expect us to respect our elders,when they obviously have no respect for the younger generation.

patronising is down there with sarcasm

I have no idea why sarcasm gets such a bad run-down. It is one of the best forms of humour.

As for the topic of conversation - you get idiots of all ages, just if you are older then it is said you 'should know better'. This backs the belief that the elders in general do know better. I guess the biddies probably do, as like Liddell they have the experience. But I can't think it is more of a factor than sense.

And thats my problem.

Shez really can't win can he. The last few weeks he has received criticism for not using his substitutions.

Cheers,

harry

I've said it before, some are serial moaners and no matter what, no matter what - it just ain't good enough.

Is this an actual joke?

I'd like to think so Shucky, but I think that these feelings are real.

it's often said that personal insults have no place on here but, a bit like the stocks in olden days, can't we have a forum where posts like this get moved to and we can all throw verbal tomatoes at the moron that posted it????

just an idea like :unsure:

I've tried lobbying for a flame zone before,but it'll get out of hand and end up more trouble than it's worth...

I agree, he should have whipped it into the box as we were in a very good attacking position at the time.

Regardless of needing to win...needing the points...needing to keep possesion, I don't go to a football match to watch blatant time wasting and if you're happy to pay £20 to see those sort of tactics then your a very sad man indeed!!!

Well, fundamentally that's why I don't like watching football anymore, I go watch other stuff for the entertainment and go to Latics for the social. However 3pts is 3pts isn't that rewarding enough?

Is that why every football match I attend I see groups old men criticising everything that any player or the manager does (good or bad) and trying very hard to ruin the game for everyone within ear shot?

See all above. It gets on my nerves, they're a pain in the ass. I don't know what they want, how do you satisfy that type of fan - can you satisfy that type of fan?

Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan - OH GIVE IT A FKIN REST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

wow....3 pages for something that was slightly tongue in cheek...

right....im a moron am i.....hahaha.the personal attack for owtb is not for players my friend,however it is for attacking another owtb member,so i consider me self attacked,not the worst thing i been called but hey..

there has been some decent points raised however you view this thread.

at the start of the season lidds warranted his place in the team,with his performances,was very good,unfortunately now he doesnt,people say oh he has an old head he knows what to do best...but so does greegs who was stillon the pitch,and allott for that matter.

we had a striker in the box wanting the ball ,he could of crossed and hughes could of scored,but he didnt....

he didnt do what he was sent on to do,as the officials gave decisions against him and they had the oppertunity to break and steal a late goal,it wasnt just this game,but the last home game he did exactly the same,and it didnt work.

it isnt his fault he isnt playing,we have a fit healthy young squad,who in my opinion are the better option than playing a 35 year old in the last throws of his game.

hence why i thanked him....but at the end of the season i hope he retires,and lets someone else have there turn.

moron..????

Ive not said pay him off

Merely send him out on loan so his appearance fees wouldnt cost us his wage of 2 years ago

Before anyone says we dont know his wages and appearance fees. AL didnt stay at the club for LOVE and its been stated by AL, Corney and others at the club that AL took a basic wage cut to stay

Dont mind having AL start if thats whats best for the team but my beef is that we only bring him on for the last 5 mins etc when its costing us £££££££££

Bit of a contradiction there. He took a pay cut for the love of the game.

How do you know how much he is costing?? You are basing your arguments on some random assumptions! I'm going to make one of my own up.... Liddell has no appearance fee in his contract. He loves playing that much that he would feel that with him getting older, it may be a barrier to him getting a game. Wow, that was easy. I may start making things up more often <_<

Trouble is, the win at all costs attitude could be one of the reasons football in the lower leagues is losing support. Surely we should be good enough to keep the ball in open play not mucking around near the corner flag.

I like to win...of course I do, but not at the expense of entertainment. We're a top six side on merit and should be good enough to hold on to a lead against a crap side like Northampton who had about one shot on goal in ninety minutes.

Is that not part of the entertainment though?? Sure, we all like to see us score as many as possible but watching Liddell take it into the corner was part of the game. Why can't that be entertaining too?

Is that not part of the entertainment though?? Sure, we all like to see us score as many as possible but watching Liddell take it into the corner was part of the game. Why can't that be entertaining too?

Liddell, taking the ball in to the corner was entertaining????

I think one or two are being very disrespectful to a pro who's career as been a decent one. I believe we are seeing Andy's career at Latics coming to an end this season and he has contributed to us being currently a play off placed side. Andy Liddell is not David Lee.

you have had your time,your last two sub appearences have been rubbish,please stop trying to take the ball in the corners to wind the clock down then either take it out of play or foul the oppo player...

What a joke! The last 2 sub appearances he`s had what, 5 minutes at most. What exactly do you expect him to accomplish in 5 minutes? A goal or two maybe? I think people need to get real!

:lol:

What an entertaining thread... you would expect me to add to thos who would say Liddell should be shot immidiately without trial, but I dont. Although I agree that his usage yesterday was a strange one, we dont have the squad for him to be hung, drawn and quartered just yet. Unless Kieran Lee decides to prove he is a footballer.

Andy Liddell has his place in the squad for this season, on merit, and due to his experience - Just as long as he never, ever, is picked ahead of Deane Smalley in the team - if Deano isnt injured/supended etc..

I can't stand Lids in the starting 11, I couldnt stand him in the starting 11 three years ago never mind now... but he is fine at our club as a squad player. Though whether I would bring him on to kill off a game is very questionable.

:)

People calling for Liddell- a senior pro to retire, when his manager openly says he's giving good advice to a young lad who's taking his place.

You obviously don't know the game.

and there it is.....at the end of the season he should be given a contract as a coach,instead of a player,where he can make a difference and help bring on the younger players as did shez before him...

im not saying he is a bad player,far from it,his early season form was fantastic and he genuinely deserved his place in the team...

but now he shouldnt be getting on at the expense of allassandra or lee or any other younger player.

what did he do that lewis couldnt have done....

as for his last two appearences,no..i dont want him to score a goal,would be nice but hey,its just he has obviously been sent on with instructions from shez,not been able to carry them out and put the team on the backfoot,instead of using his wise old head,holding the ball and running down the clock.

At 2-1 though, and under the cosh alittle why bring on a young kid over the experience and calm-head of Liddell? Shez brought Liddell on to use his experience and know how to help see out the game, which we did. He got what, 3/4 minutes .. i really dont see what the problem is, if he`d have started then i`d agree, but he didn`t so lets not all have a moan at the lad for nothing!

I agree, he should have whipped it into the box as we were in a very good attacking position at the time.

Regardless of needing to win...needing the points...needing to keep possesion, I don't go to a football match to watch blatant time wasting and if you're happy to pay £20 to see those sort of tactics then your a very sad man indeed!!!

When we are ahead by one goal in the 90+ minutes they could stick a trained seal on to balance the ball on the end of his nose and run the clock down as long as they get the 3 points. If the desire to see my team win the game using whatever legal means necessary makes me sad then I am happy to be so.

As Ronnie has been mentioned, a few years ago at a fans forum he asked people to put their hands up if they wanted points over performances. My hand went straight up. Lets get out of this division and worry about the performances when we are a settled Championship side.

If we play pretty football in this league we will stay in this league. If we can win ugly we can get promoted.

If I wanted entertainment on a Saturday I would go to Billy Smarts.

im not saying he is a bad player,far from it,his early season form was fantastic and he genuinely deserved his place in the team...

but now he shouldnt be getting on at the expense of allassandra or lee or any other younger player.

FFS Ed, the thread started off as you wanting Liddell out of the club following a few short substitute appearances, then you go on to say how good he was a just a few months ago. It's f***ing painful to read mate.

This whole thread has been terrible.......just a procession of both idiots and morons, when it comes to football at least, typing a load of bollocks. Thank goodness for the handful who try and 'learn' the fools.

The standard of OWTB poster has diminished massively this season. Where on earth are they getting the internet to these days? :unsure:

FFS Ed, the thread started off as you wanting Liddell out of the club following a few short substitute appearances, then you go on to say how good he was a just a few months ago. It's f***ing painful to read mate.

This whole thread has been terrible.......just a procession of both idiots and morons, when it comes to football at least, typing a load of bollocks. Thank goodness for the handful who try and 'learn' the fools.

The standard of OWTB poster has diminished massively this season. Where on earth are they getting the internet to these days? :unsure:

dont read it then...simple

least it served a purpose.....young eardleys been left alone this weekend,so that has to be a bonus.

but he didn't "do the job"..he was ,if in your opinion,he was there to hold up play.

he held it up for about 5 seconds...then twice give advantage back to the opposition.

that could have resulted in a sucessful attack against us.

if he had put a cross in,the time wasted "shielding" the ball would have been approx the same length as farting around in the corner..but he would also have created a scoring chance.

but at least he didn't point at everything today either...unless i missed that

Things is Johnny, if he whips in a cross and the keeper plucks it out of the air/defender intercepts it, then we are potentially on the back foot and at risk fronm a quick counter,having commited men forward to attack said cross. At least if he takes it into the corner and concedes a throw-in or a (ridiculous IMO) free kick by the corner flag, then we have the chance to get men back behind the ball and regroup.

I think the complaints about Liddell attempting to do the job he was sent on to do are a bit churlish.

Edited by danoafc

Is this post for real or has someone started it for a bet?

FFS we got 3 points, teams around us lost a good day at the office IMO.

Sheridan turned to Lidds as he has something Lewis doesnt, experience. He has a calm head and came on to run the clock down and it worked because we won. Whats to complain about?

Edited by OAFC_ULTRA

dont read it then...simple

I don't read as much - doesn't stop it being a shame. And unfortunately you can only filter the good from the bad by reading it all.

I remember the days when I was new to messageboards. After getting online and googling latics I stumbled across JK Latics which I found facinating - finally a place to chat with like minded Latics fans! I would look forward to logging on and reading the thoughts of clearly knowledgeable fans and gradually began interacting with them myself. Over time that board was claimed and killed by the idiots and now sadly this one looks to be slowly going a similar way. Even the rubbish posted by visitors to JKL wasn't as mundane as some of the supposed genuine opinions on here. This sounds arrogant but I now imagine myself to be one of the better posters, despite there clearly being many more experienced ones. A quite boring and frustrating scenario.... :(

I don't read as much - doesn't stop it being a shame. And unfortunately you can only filter the good from the bad by reading it all.

I remember the days when I was new to messageboards. After getting online and googling latics I stumbled across JK Latics which I found facinating - finally a place to chat with like minded Latics fans! I would look forward to logging on and reading the thoughts of clearly knowledgeable fans and gradually began interacting with them myself. Over time that board was claimed and killed by the idiots and now sadly this one looks to be slowly going a similar way. Even the rubbish posted by visitors to JKL wasn't as mundane as some of the supposed genuine opinions on here. This sounds arrogant but I now imagine myself to be one of the better posters, despite there clearly being many more experienced ones. A quite boring and frustrating scenario.... :(

im not doing to bad am i....already called a moron and now being likened to an idiot as well....thought personal attacks wer'nt allowed on here,hahahah

andy liddell has been a fantastic player for our club,and a true proffessional in every sense of the word.

i just think it best all round come the end of the season he retires,with his head held high,instead of being remembered for the odd 3 or 4 mins here and there.

when everyone in the team is fit,now we have jones back n hines is here(end of season most likely) i dont think he should be on the bench,he has had his time,and i just think other players need a chance instead.

if i get slagged off for thinking it then so be it,its my opinion,not yours or anybody else's....

it would seem there are certain players or certain subjects you just cant have a go at or comment about,and if this board is for open and frank discussions about everything latics,warts and all,then that shouldnt be the case,otherwise it isnt a free and open forum,its a dictatorship where the thought police clamp down on freedom of speech..

i have contributed about 6 posts to this thread,im not the one who's made it 4 almost 5 pages long.