dear andy liddell

please hurry up and retire.

you have had your time,your last two sub appearences have been rubbish,please stop trying to take the ball in the corners to wind the clock down then either take it out of play or foul the oppo player...

you have been a good footballer over the years,and i thank you for your service,but its time to go im affraid. :shock:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have had your time,your last two sub appearences have been rubbish,please stop trying to take the ball in the corners to wind the clock down then either take it out of play or foul the oppo player...

you have been a good footballer over the years,and i thank you for your service,but its time to go im affraid. :shock:

Shez, 'Andy, get on and take the ball into the corners to kill time'

Lids, 'Yes boss but do you think the fans will get on my back?'

Shez, 'No Andy, none of them are that thick are they?'

Dear Andy, don't worry, because there's a lot of these smart alecs who have wanted you to retire for 3 years anyway, regardless of how you have ever or will play.

first time i have wanted him to call it quits actually.

cant honestly say what he can contribute to the team now,we have far to many options for a player of his blistering pace.

beginning of season he was immense and deserved his place....but can you honestly say that now,bringing lewi on today would of been better than trying to wind the clock down in the corner,he would cause them more problems than lidds.

Shez, 'Andy, get on and take the ball into the corners to kill time'

Lids, 'Yes boss but do you think the fans will get on my back?'

Shez, 'No Andy, none of them are that thick are they?'

i'll admit im thick,im oldham born and oldham bred,strong in arm and....

Bellend sat behind me was whining about Lids taking the ball into the corner, he was saying he should have whipped it in to the box. Well played Andy in running the clock down.

it wasnt me by the way...

but he didnt wind the clock down did he....first attempt he gave away a throw in,then second try he gave away a foul,both resulting in them hitting it long and forward to try for an equaliser....at least keep possesion or kick it against there legs to get a throw or corner.

but he didnt wind the clock down did he....first attempt he gave away a throw in,then second try he gave away a foul,both resulting in them hitting it long and forward to try for an equaliser....at least keep possesion or kick it against there legs to get a throw or corner.

TBH from where i was, the second one, the foul, wasnt a foul imo.

I agree,your last two sub appearances have been shockingly bad!You should have at least added one or two more goals to your tally this season or contributed more with a few more assists that you`re good at providing(all within five minutes per game).

RUBBISH LIDDELL,JUST RUBBISH!

1st attempt the defender kicked the ball against him. He didn't give a throw in away.

2nd attempt. If you think that was a foul I am afraid that you were at a different match to me. It appears that officials have decided to give free kicks against teams shielding the ball in the corner to run the clock down in the final minutes of a game. You may have noticed that Smalley had a free kick awarded against him last week for allegedly tugging the defenders shirt, when in fact he didn't.

It seems that officials have decided that you can no longer do this. It would be nice if this was announced and done at the start of a season though rather than just done part way through.

By the way how can you judge Lids on a five minutes cameo appearance when we are trying to close a game out?

Cheers,

Harry

Sorry but have to agree its time for AL to get out on loan to get off our wage bill

Questions: !

Andy Liddell is on a reduced wage on his new contract

Majority of his wage is made up on appearance fees so why on his last 5+ matches coming on as Sub costing us money ? There are other options on less money on the bench who could do the same job surely?

Corney is always telling us we are losing money and we have the 4th 5 th 6th lowest wage bill in our league ?

Cost cutting exercise there TTA for you saving you £500 (educated guess) a game in fees that dont need to be paid !

I would say aprrox AL played 45 mins football for us in the last 6 matches coming on as Sub but cost us £3000 minimum in appearance fees

Great team performance today, we could and should have won by more but thats football - Left the ground feeling positive about the teams capabilities but frustrated at some of the subs made.

Cost cutting exercise there TTA for you saving you £500 (educated guess) a game in fees that dont need to be paid !

I would say aprrox AL played 45 mins football for us in the last 6 matches coming on as Sub but cost us £3000 minimum in appearance fees

Yeah, releasing Lidds would save them loads wouldn't it?!?! :shock::blink:

After some of the previous halfwits that we've had to pay off, paying off one of our senior pros is not going to save us money, I can assure you of that!

Sorry but have to agree its time for AL to get out on loan to get off our wage bill

Questions: !

Andy Liddell is on a reduced wage on his new contract

Majority of his wage is made up on appearance fees so why on his last 5+ matches coming on as Sub costing us money ? There are other options on less money on the bench who could do the same job surely?

Corney is always telling us we are losing money and we have the 4th 5 th 6th lowest wage bill in our league ?

Great team performance today, we could and should have won by more but thats football - Left the ground feeling positive about the teams capabilities but frustrated at some of the subs made.

Well now that you have informed us of the facts, Corney, Hardy & Shez out. Oh yes, Lids out as well.

Cheers,

Harry

I'd like to have someone of Andy Liddell's experience at the club. Aree he may not play much but he is still a very useful option to have. To be wanting his retirement because he ran into the corners for the last 5 minutes is laughable. Numerous goals and numerous assists but he can't run anymore get rid!

I'd rather have a player who scores goals and provides assists than someone who runs around like a headless chicken. Sick of triers, I want winners!

Bellend sat behind me was whining about Lids taking the ball into the corner, he was saying he should have whipped it in to the box. Well played Andy in running the clock down.

If he kept the ball there then fine but he lost it and conceeded a throw so why would a cross not be a better option??

Yeah, releasing Lidds would save them loads wouldn't it?!?! :shock::blink:

After some of the previous halfwits that we've had to pay off, paying off one of our senior pros is not going to save us money, I can assure you of that!

Ive not said pay him off

Merely send him out on loan so his appearance fees wouldnt cost us his wage of 2 years ago

Before anyone says we dont know his wages and appearance fees. AL didnt stay at the club for LOVE and its been stated by AL, Corney and others at the club that AL took a basic wage cut to stay

Dont mind having AL start if thats whats best for the team but my beef is that we only bring him on for the last 5 mins etc when its costing us £££££££££

Ive not said pay him off

Merely send him out on loan so his appearance fees wouldnt cost us his wage of 2 years ago

Before anyone says we dont know his wages and appearance fees. AL didnt stay at the club for LOVE and its been stated by AL, Corney and others at the club that AL took a basic wage cut to stay

Dont mind having AL start if thats whats best for the team but my beef is that we only bring him on for the last 5 mins etc when its costing us £££££££££

Right, so Shez has 5 players on the bench and 1 is a keeper. So its 3 from 4. Shez chooses experience and we close the game out and win the 3 points.

Did you want him to bring Stam on at that point? I dont think so! The other option was Allesandra, but Shez chose to close the game down and settled the team back to a 4-4-2 for the last few minutes. We got 3 points and are now joint 3rd.

Really what is your problem?

Cheers,

Harry

Cheers,

Harry

Thats my problem.

Shez didnt have to make a sub at that point no player was injured just like the other 6 last appearances

Maher could have lasted the last 4-5 mins

Oldham: Budtz, Eardley, Hazell, Gregan, Golbourne, Hines, Allott, Maher (Liddell 89), Smalley, Hughes, Windass (Whitaker 76).

Subs Not Used: Bell, Alessandra, Stam.

or Shez could have taken off KM and brought on Alessandra dropping Smalley back on the right

defending from the front line with fresh fast pace in Alessandra pushing onto the NTFC back line

We won today you will not hear me complain about that

If we won 1-0 most weeks I would be happy

It frustrates me AL comes on with less than 5 mins to go and gets good money for it when we are skint (as we keep being told)

Right, so Shez has 5 players on the bench and 1 is a keeper. So its 3 from 4. Shez chooses experience and we close the game out and win the 3 points.

Did you want him to bring Stam on at that point? I dont think so! The other option was Allesandra, but Shez chose to close the game down and settled the team back to a 4-4-2 for the last few minutes. We got 3 points and are now joint 3rd.

Cheers,

Harry

its going to be interesting next game then isnt it....taylor back flemming back

does liddell deserve to grace the bench next game then,or will it be lewis,lee,lomax,smalley,hines,jones...nice problem to have,but whilst we have hungry young energetic players we should be using them,if you want experience you already have hughes greegan windass allott maher.

He doesn't use subs...don't bring Lidds on, he's past it now..where's stephens..why do we need another keeper..stop scoring from set pieces now that you've started, we need to score more from open play..no plan b, no plan , sack him, we've nobody else to bring in, but hey, we won today, so let's nick pick and whinge about silly icckle things. :lol:

Thought it was a good substitution, we needed to slow it down and putting it bluntly waste some time. Lids did that and of course get's slated for it but if Northampton had leveled things up with a second goal im sure people would be complaining that somebody should have taken to ball into the corner flag to run the clock ?

Nearly every result went our way today.

We won.

And that was without arguably our best player.

Smalley showed again that he has what it takes to be yet another homegrown star.

Hazell, a guy who has come in, given great committed performances over 20 months or so now, and loves the club enough to say he wants to play with us til he retires, and has backed it up by signing a new deal, grabs a goal.

We finally look threatening from set pieces.

We break a barrne spell without scoring.

We go another 3 points clear of 7th.

We play our 16th home game and have still only lost 1.

53 points means We. Are. Stayin' Up (Say we are stayin' up!)

We are having our best season for 6 years, and possibly our best points total for 18.

So what shall we talk about?

The sub in the 88th minute.

Hey, I'm not saying there are no negatives about the club at the moment, but when we win, and fairly comfortably, it's time to smile! =)

I'm just sayin'

Right, so what costs them more, a few quid in app. fees for him, and getting the 3 points, or not putting him on in some sort of bizarre cost-sutting excersise, them getting the ball, and going down the other end and scoring, costing us 2 points, and possibly a position, thus losing out on prize funds, and possibly a play-off/auto spot?

it's often said that personal insults have no place on here but, a bit like the stocks in olden days, can't we have a forum where posts like this get moved to and we can all throw verbal tomatoes at the moron that posted it????

just an idea like :unsure:

Edited by dfOAFC