Serious question for season ticket holders

Tommy_Fent

Season Tickets  

189 members have voted

1. 1. will you be renewing next year?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If not What will it take to change your mind?

• Promotion
    • Beaten in Play-offs
    • Change in management
    • other
    • I said I'm renewing!

will you be renewing next year? And if not what will it take to change your mind?

I'm probably going to be moving out of the area and it probably wont be financially viable, but if not I still dont think I would, I cant justify spending £300+ at this moment in time

Edited by Tommy_Fent
Fixed Poll

It's amazing how 90 mins of football can change the complexion of not only this season, but seasons to come. If the same poll was put up 24 hours ago it wouldn't be half as damning...

I'm not knocking the poll by the way, just highlighting that timing of polls straight after games like that will be driven by emotion for the first 2 or 3 hours after it.

I've had a season ticket for the last 15 years. Of course I will be renewing. Now if you would have asked me this 10 years ago struggling in League One i may have doubted it, but I still would have renewed as i still enjoy going. Its Oldham all over winning one week and losing the next so theres no surprises on that front.

We're 5th ffs! Yes others have games in hand but the season aint over until mathematically impossible but we are still very much in with a strong shout.

:rant.sml: Rant Off :)

There are a few of us who said before the game kicked off that next year we are not buying season tickets unless we gain promotion.

Thing is we go to all the away games and I much prefer to go away.

I am not turning my back on Latics far from it but I simply cant justify it to myself paying out for a season ticket when I dont look foward to 90% of the home fixtures and hate sitting in that ground.

I dont think Sheridan will take us up but its gone past a change in management now, to get me interested I need a change in opposition.

Thing is the longer we stay in this division the worse we will get, another generation will be lost to the likes of City & Utd and to be fair who blames them.

For kids its cheaper at city but miles better surroundings and football if not from man city side but from their opposition.

We are in the last lot of home games and in the play-offs but you just have to look around the ground today at all the spare seats, we may as well knock another stand down.

as a season ticket holder since 1995/1996

If they put the prices up, and we are still in league 1, I most definitely am not renewing out of principle. There are alot of hard up families who are struggling to make ends meet as it is, and many other clubs at our level are making an effort to either cut prices or keep them the same. If it means cutting the wage bill as a result then so be it, we sure as hell wouldn't be the only club cutting the wage bill.

also dont plan on renewing if we are Sheridan is still in charge next year and we are still in this league.

If we change the manager or try to show some incentive re prices (a price freeze bare minimum), then I may make the extra effort to find the ST money

I can't answer yes or no whether I'll renew or not. My life has changed a lot since I bought the last one - and the footballing-side (including what division we are in) / who is manager-side of things are only 2 of many factors in my decision about renewal.

I hated Ronnie Moore, but he would not have stopped me getting a season ticket. I'm disillusioned with Shez (at the moment), but whether he is or isn't manager, won't affect my decision.

I've had a season ticket for the last 15 years. Of course I will be renewing. Now if you would have asked me this 10 years ago struggling in League One i may have doubted it, but I still would have renewed as i still enjoy going. Its Oldham all over winning one week and losing the next so theres no surprises on that front.

We're 5th ffs! Yes others have games in hand but the season aint over until mathematically impossible but we are still very much in with a strong shout.

:rant.sml: Rant Off :)

We will finish either 9th or 10th were in no sort of form and havent been for months sheridan out

i will, unless they put the prices up ridiculously for the same league, i like my saturday afternoons at the footie and its a habit now, plus I am used to oldham's win lose win lose pattern. If i didn't spend it on supporting the club and being entertained each saturday, i'd only go and spend more in the shops or pub lol.

As long as Sheridan is here I'll be playing golf on saturdays. Naturally there'll be those who say good - we don't want your sort here if all you do is moan.

Thing is though, there'll be a few hundred more dropping off like there was this season, then TTA will get itchy feet and either stop funding the team or quit altogether. Those same people will bemoan the public of Oldham's lack of support for their local team.

I've done my 35 years, supporting them home and away through thick and thin, but I can't watch our best chance of promotion and survival thrown away by JS. We have already been told there is less money next year - I'd rather he wasn't around to waste it.

It's strange.

There can't be many football clubs in the land where the owners are possibly held in a higher regard by the fans than the team manager. Both are usually despised equally!

I'll be renewing, employment permitting.

I've enjoyed this season greatly. Despite some of the sub-standard home performances the side has also put on some classy entertainment. But they are currently lacking.

A quick glance at home form shows me 3 wins in 10. TTA know that home form brings in the crowds and pays the bills. TTA know that improved home form would improve our league position. TTA have form for replacing a manager who doesn't deliver the attitude, commitment and skill that the people of Oldham rightly expect.

The last time we completed 2 wins on the bounce was November. And we stuffed that in the 89th minute. If you call Rochdale a draw, we haven't won 3 in a row all season. Or last season.

Indeed, the last time Oldham Athletic won 3 on he bounce was under Shez in his first season. We lost the next 4 games.

I have always been in the camp of "give Shez until the end of the season".

I have always been in the camp of "you don't change your manager when you're close to going up".

I have always been in the camp of "you don't change your manager until you've got somebody better to replace him".

But my views have changed.

End of the season: Best outcome for Latics is that we sneak up via the play-offs. It could still happen, despite our moans and groans. But there is no way on earth Shez could hack it at a higher level. If we go up under Shez we would feel obliged to keep him. If we do, I can't see how we would stay up.

Close to going up: We're not. Apparently we're great against the sides near the top. Well, of the genuine play off contenders that we've played most recently (Scunthorpe, Leicester, Leeds, Millwall, Peterborough) we've won 1 out of 5. Many draws, one defeat. But the idea of brushing these teams aside in the play-offs is optimistic. Hell we may beat MK Dons next week. But even if we do you know we won't maintain the momentum.

Who's better: This is the tough one for me. Jim Gannon stands out. Although County's home form isn't brilliant. But he seems to have improved as a manager in each of his seasons in charge. Sheridan hasn't. He's also more or less available! He also has faith in youth. In a climate of recession, such an asset who can kick the overpaid wasters out and bring through exciting young talent, turning them in to decent and aspirational footballers is something any club owner should cherish.

This guy has a habit of kicking out anybody on a big wage and replacing them with players on a pittance who then deliver more. Lower costs and higher income through bigger crowds. An asset to any business!

I've seen a handful of County games under Gannon. They have been, on the whole, superb. Classy when winning. Some joyous passing and a work rate that I have rarely seen delivered by better players at BP. I've also seen them lose poorly twice (including the recent game at BP), so if Gannon is the Messiah then we should know he ain't perfect. But when the chips have been down his sides have delivered for him. Even without Dickinson and Pilkington they are damn close to the play-offs.

As a player he went from the 4th level to the 2nd level with Stockport County. Including the season County finished 8th in the Championship. That sort of experience is massive.

We could wait until the end of the season. But somebody else might get there first.

Edited by opinions4u

gutted with yesterday, depressed about our recent form really disillusioned with the conduct of the club on and off the pitch in recent weeks, but i will still be getting my ticket for next year because i am a latics fan and i bet at least 80% of the people saying no on this poll will do the same in May after a couple of weeks without any football.