Firstly, I would ask the mods not to merge this topic as it is not aimed at any one subject.

The last week or 2 at the club have been trying to say the least for various reasons. We have had the Belle Vue incident and results and performances have not been what we would want or expect from the investment made by the owners. It has appeared from the outside that things had got out of control and as fans we have been sniping at each other here on owtb and worse still during a stand off at the game at MK Dons yesterday.

Both sides of the Shez in / Shez out argument have had their say, but I believe that overall, 99% of posters on here are disappointed that Shez has ultimately failed.

The move by the board to bring back Joe Royle, something that I first brought up last week, can only be seen as a short and at most a medium term solution to recent events.

One thing that I hope comes out of todays events is that the actions of the club unite us fans in getting behind the team in these last 9 important matches and give us an end of season bonus both in terms of our promotion aspirations and the clubs bank balance.

I said in my Bring back Royle post and poll last week that I was more concerned with the long term future of the club than any sentimental loyalty to Shez and believe me as a so called happy clapper my loyalty to Shez was up there with the most fervent of his supporters. However decisions, hard decisions had to be made and to be fair to Simon Corney and the board those decisions have been made for the benefit and well being of the club.

If I can make one plea to you all tonight it would be no matter what side of the argument you were on please unite to become 1, keep the faith and above all believe, because over the next 9 games we need everyone to be together, to be behind the manager and the team. Promotion will be hugely beneficial to the club in terms of revenue as the extra tv money kicks in. It would also help T3A keep the faith. It won't be easy and by 3.05 next Saturday there will be doubters, but we need to keep the faith.

Cheers,

Harry

The club needs you all as much today as it did in 2003 so lets use todays events to move on and unite.

Firstly, I would ask the mods not to merge this topic as it is not aimed at any one subject.

The last week or 2 at the club have been trying to say the least for various reasons. We have had the Belle Vue incident and results and performances have not been what we would want or expect from the investment made by the owners. It has appeared from the outside that things had got out of control and as fans we have been sniping at each other here on owtb and worse still during a stand off at the game at MK Dons yesterday.

Both sides of the Shez in / Shez out argument have had their say, but I believe that overall, 99% of posters on here are disappointed that Shez has ultimately failed.

The move by the board to bring back Joe Royle, something that I first brought up last week, can only be seen as a short and at most a medium term solution to recent events.

One thing that I hope comes out of todays events is that the actions of the club unite us fans in getting behind the team in these last 9 important matches and give us an end of season bonus both in terms of our promotion aspirations and the clubs bank balance.

I said in my Bring back Royle post and poll last week that I was more concerned with the long term future of the club than any sentimental loyalty to Shez and believe me as a so called happy clapper my loyalty to Shez was up there with the most fervent of his supporters. However decisions, hard decisions had to be made and to be fair to Simon Corney and the board those decisions have been made for the benefit and well being of the club.

If I can make one plea to you all tonight it would be no matter what side of the argument you were on please unite to become 1, keep the faith and above all believe, because over the next 9 games we need everyone to be together, to be behind the manager and the team. Promotion will be hugely beneficial to the club in terms of revenue as the extra tv money kicks in. It would also help T3A keep the faith. It won't be easy and by 3.05 next Saturday there will be doubters, but we need to keep the faith.

Cheers,

Harry

The club needs you all as much today as it did in 2003 so lets use todays events to move on and unite.

WELL SAID HARRY

Cheers,

Harry

I'd agree with all of that Harry, and share your sentiments about how I felt about believing until this week that Shez should stay.

if we are to become one united support, then those who slag players off week in week out, on here and at matches, have to change. It's time for Joe to sort out performances, and to lift anyone who has been not giving of their best. It won't hrep him if the virulent, personal, abuse that's been aimed at certain players continues.

The move to bring in Joe was a smart one indeed. Few supporters will be vehemently opposed to his selection (Though one or two would be delighted to be able to say 'told you so, should've kept shez' if promotion doesn't happen).

For this reason I think the fans will definitely unite, whereas any other choice could possibly have caused further splits amongst the fans.

I'm pretty certain we will all be behind Joe and put the last few months bickering behind us. Right or wrong, Shez's dismissal is a perfect opportunity to bond as one and push the team on to a play-off place.

Onwards and upwards.

Cheers,

Harry

Spot on H!

Last week after the Col U game emotions were hgh. Harry started a thread whch called for the return of Bg Joe. I replied as follows:

Harry I'm surprised at you, I thought you were one of the voices of reason on here so before replying I've had a good think about things. And i still reckon that this is an over-reaction for the following reasons:

1. This decision goes against the priciples that Joe stands for, in a nutshell he wouldn,t come. Remember how long he had learning the trade before success came?

2. TTA know that we would be the laughing stock of football. In the 2 live games this season both analysts have commented on the excellent job Shez has done with the money available.

3. The poll is meaningless. There is a massive silent majority who do not use this or other boards to vent their feelings. Trust me if it came to a proper test of all the fans then it would be a no brainer - Shez to stay,

4. The real debate should be if we don't go up does Shez deserve another contract, I reckon that wiuld be 50/50

Stay positive!

Well what the hell do i know!!

I totally mis read the situation and I'm not ashamed to say I got it totally wrong. a little bit of head ruling my heart with Shez I guess but having heard him on GMR I reckon he knew he was on his bike.

I think you timed the thread well again Harry in your usual modest way Much better than the "I told you so" and "you heard it here first" big heads on here.

I said i wasn't gonna post again until the end of the season and in one respect I haven't, cos this is now a new season in itself.

I'm right behind the big fella

Last week after the Col U game emotions were hgh. Harry started a thread whch called for the return of Bg Joe. I replied as follows:

Harry I'm surprised at you, I thought you were one of the voices of reason on here so before replying I've had a good think about things. And i still reckon that this is an over-reaction for the following reasons:

1. This decision goes against the priciples that Joe stands for, in a nutshell he wouldn,t come. Remember how long he had learning the trade before success came?

2. TTA know that we would be the laughing stock of football. In the 2 live games this season both analysts have commented on the excellent job Shez has done with the money available.

3. The poll is meaningless. There is a massive silent majority who do not use this or other boards to vent their feelings. Trust me if it came to a proper test of all the fans then it would be a no brainer - Shez to stay,

4. The real debate should be if we don't go up does Shez deserve another contract, I reckon that wiuld be 50/50

Stay positive!

I totally mis read the situation and I'm not ashamed to say I got it totally wrong. a little bit of head ruling my heart with Shez I guess but having heard him on GMR I reckon he knew he was on his bike.

I think you timed the thread well again Harry in your usual modest way Much better than the "I told you so" and "you heard it here first" big heads on here.

I said i wasn't gonna post again until the end of the season and in one respect I haven't, cos this is now a new season in itself.

Nice to see you back on board pal.

At the end of the day the club must come first - head needs to rule the heart sort of thing.

Whilst we all (well most) loved Shez and still do and always will, the season is not over with this change. The chances are that with JS remaining in charge it probably ended at 5pm last Saturday.

Cheers,

Harry

Thanks H

Just one more thing, people need to stop calling him Big FAT Joe. it's bloody disrepectful!! And there are a lot fatter than him in the seats.

Big , in every way, yes - but fat no! Now as for Big Gordon, well............................................................

Thanks H

Just one more thing, people need to stop calling him Big FAT Joe. it's bloody disrepectful!! And there are a lot fatter than him in the seats.

Big , in every way, yes - but fat no! Now as for Big Gordon, well............................................................

Spoke to Joe yesterday dinner time. We both looked at each other and he said "nothing changes round here except for the extra stone or 2 that wer're both carrying." :lol: It's that scouse humour.

Cheers,

Harry

I too was sceptical about JR as a potential appointment. But that was then. As always, I will give my support to my team and the manager. Whether Shez would have made the play offs or not is nothing but guesswork now. Nothing would please me more than seeing Latics promoted under JR.

I wonder if a few of the old songs will be back on Saturday? "Walking down the Sheepfoot Lane to see Joe Royle's Aces" anyone?

Harry, we too had a discussion about the merits of sacking Shez and bringing Joe back.

Only a few days later and I feel events overtook any real debate about letting Shez go, and in the context and circumstances of how it has been done I have to say that Joe's short term appointment is an absolute masterstroke.

If Joe inspires us to promotion his legend status will be greater still. If we don't go up, no-one of a sane mind (yes I know that rules out a few on here :wink: ) will blame him for stepping in when the club needed him.

I'm still nervous that if he stays longer term that old truism about the second time might eventually come back to haunt us. But I bet he'd be tempted by the thought of one more season, especially if it was to try and keep us up in the Championship.

Above all, this has reinvigorated my belief in the romance of the beautiful game.

Stay positive!

I too am eating humble pie..

Whilst I haven't got the rapport you two have got, I also know sod all.

I said that it needed someone with experience of promotion, unemotional attachment, and able to kick butt.

I didn;t think Joe was that man (mainly due to the unemotional attchment bit), but also the kicking butt bit- I was forgetting about Redfearn!!!

I was just ambivelent when I first heard, but think I was taking it in. Once I saw him on North West tonight, I knew it was right. It's just the positivity and sheer enthusiasm we have missed for years. The years of knocks have injected a degree of cynicism.

So tons of more of the emotional bit, please.

PS Delfer, I am originally from Diggle, then Uppermill beore moving down south, so maybe it is something in the air!

Edited by singe

I too am eating humble pie..

Whilst I haven't got the rapport you two have got, I also know sod all.

I said that it needed someone with experience of promotion, unemotional attachment, and able to kick butt.

I didn;t think Joe was that man (mainly due to the unemotional attchment bit), but also the kicking butt bit- I was forgetting about Redfearn!!!

I was just ambivelent when I first heard, but think I was taking it in. Once I saw him on North West tonight, I knew it was right. It's just the positivity and sheer enthusiasm we have missed for years. The years of knocks have injected a degree of cynicism.

So tons of more of the emotional bit, please.

PS Delfer, I am originally from Diggle, then Uppermill beore moving down south, so maybe it is something in the air!

Maybe mate yeah! I always try to get my point across in a reasonable way and I modestly reckon that I've made some good calls on the latics, even on here. But you've got to be honest and admit when you're wrong, you learn more from mistakes. I was also pissed off wit the billy big bollocks attitude of some of the smart arses on here saying "I told you so"

It just shows you, that when asked why he came back Joe said, "I was asked." Everyone likes to feel wanted I guess.

I think Joe Royles appointment has galvanised the supporters once again.

The lasr few weeks had split the supporters into the two very vocal opposing camps; personally I had lost the belief in Mr Sheridan being the man for the job and taking this club onward and upward.

If nothing else Oldham Atheltic has been very much in the news over the recent weeks with the Pink Shirts, Whinge-arse blog; the dogs and now Joe Royle returning to the club after 15 years.

Not dull anyway, at least the news worthy Oldham Athletic has hopefully ended on a high and let that be the end of it now until Joe leads us to the Championship.

I believe that even the worst moaners will have had their emotions stirred enough by Big Joes appointment to keep their mouths shut for longer than normal when they want to moan.

I hope the players feel as enthused as the supporters do; I am sure the younger lads, especially Chris Taylor, will have that same feeling with a legend returning to the club and knowing they can now be part of a famous times rather than infamous times.

It was a downward spiral with John Sheridan in charge and once the rot had set in it would have been very difficult to remove and things would have got worse and more bitter - not good for the manager, players or more importantly the club. This is about the club not one person and in the end as much as people liked John Sheridan as a man/player far too many did not like him as a manager for their own reasons.

Joe coming back has lifted the dark clouds, just seeing him on the news or listenting to him on the radio has inspired the fans again. If nothing else that is a step in the right direction for a brighter future no matter what happens this season.

The future, well that is something else and maybe not soemthing we should worry aobut right now, maybe we should just enjoy the moment and what will hoepfully turn out to be an exciting final run in to the end of the season. I have advocated previously a director of football to help John Sheridan and though that Joe would be the man; maybe he would not want that and would want to be the manager still. I think John Sheridan needed the guiding hand of experience, it was soemthing that wasn't there with his right hand men being Tommy and Dux - nothing against them but no experience between them in managing.

After this Joe should hopefully play some part in the club, whether it be as manager or director of football, the man is Oldham Athletic, the fans love him and right now he has brought light where there was darkness and we are all smiling once again and showing a united harmonius front. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

great post, i posted something similar about a week ago (one team one aim) obviously shez was still here then and most where bust venting anger at the situation.

hopefully joe can now help galvanise us,not just the team but as a club together.

one team , one aim , keep the faith!

Can we please stop using "KEEP THE FAITH" as it was first said by the person that got us into administration mr moore also its corny as fook cant we use keep the love :D

KEEP THE FAITH was on the huge flag that we took to Wembeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy which was due to a direct quote form a Mr Joe Royle, well before that Torex idiot was involved with he club!

It is probably more apt to say it now than at any other time in the recent past!

KEEP THE FAITH was on the huge flag that we took to Wembeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy which was due to a direct quote form a Mr Joe Royle, well before that Torex idiot was involved with he club!

It is probably more apt to say it now than at any other time in the recent past!

Oh dear cant we use keep the pies