Happy...but also slightly worried...

The best people to ask about that would be Ipswich fans don't get me wrong I am nothing less than 100% behind big Joe but we still have the same team as we have before.

I think Ipswich fans are a little ungrateful if you ask me! Joe stopped the rot after the club was relegated and they went into admin. I would also suggest their opinions are more than a little tainted by the fact that Joe played for Norwich. As for having the same players, yes we have mate, BUT they know that they now have a clean slate and many of those criminally overlooked by Shez hopefully will come into the reckoning whilst players like Allott, Lidds, Greegs etc.. know they are playing for their future's at BP, their new contracys may have been nailed on under Shez - Uncle Joe may feel differently.

The best people to ask about the dinosaur claim would be Ipswich fans don't get me wrong I am nothing less than 100% behind big Joe but we still have the same team as we have before and all the problems that it has had haven't magically disappeared.

Unless the main problem was the lack of inspirational intelligent leadership.

As much as I agree with the Internet giving fans more access to information and having a greater voice, I don't for one minute believe that what we say on here influences the decisions at the club. They may read this board because it is linked to the main site, but no businessmen with any sense would base a decision on what they read on a forum.

No businessmen with any sense would ignore this perfect market research tool either.

I, for every minute, believe this board INFLUENCES decisions made at the club. If they read it, they are influenced. It would be impossible to not be.

I think the thread started by newyorkboss just yesterday supports my opinion.

No businessmen with any sense would ignore this perfect market research tool either.

I, for every minute, believe this board INFLUENCES decisions made at the club. If they read it, they are influenced. It would be impossible to not be.

I think the thread started by newyorkboss just yesterday supports my opinion.

Agreed

Edited by oafc0000

Unless the main problem was the lack of inspirational intelligent leadership.

That is something we will findout for certain but if joe decided he fancies another crack at the management game and signs a 2 year deal in the summer i wouldn't be at all surpised to see him organise a big clear out to bring his own team in.

One things for certain its going to be a very interesting end to the season.

That is something we will findout for certain but if joe decided he fancies another crack at the management game and signs a 2 year deal in the summer i wouldn't be at all surpised to see him organise a big clear out to bring his own team in.

One things for certain its going to be a very interesting end to the season.

With so many players out of contract at the end of this season, it is the perfect time to clear out,

That is why is was baffling that Shez was bringing on Lids for the lest 10-15 mins or whatever. That is the time tblood new players.

Not hthat this is a pop at Shez post, we may well not be in this divison if it were not for Shez as player and manager.

I was living in Suffolk when BFJ was Ipswich manager and the Ipswich fans on the whole where very supportive. The problem was they came up against teams like West Ham in the play offs who had a bigger budget than they did and had put together a team of individuals who where all very good and played well as a team and although they did not play long ball it looked like they were all 4 or 5 inches bigger that the tractor boys and where physically stronger. I went to the second leg of the play offs when they lost to West Ham and they got taken apart. It is my belief and the belief of my town supporters the only reason thy did not go automatically that season was because Darren Bent had either decided he was leaving or was tapped up because post Christmas his heart was not in it and it showed.

I personally did not hear a bad word said about Joe from the town fans, but after making the play offs on so many occasions and not quite getting promoted the board decided it was time for a change, as Royle left the club changed financially and less support has been given to Jim Magilton than Joe, but under Royle Ipswich punched above their weight mainly because of goals from Bent and goals from Kuqi. And anyone who can get goals out of Kuqi must be a good manager because Kuqi is not the most technically gifted if I can be polite.

I remember the Littlewoods cup home semi against West Ham when he spotted after a few minutes the Hammers were playing only one slow forward - so he immediately went with 3 at the back, the result is legendary... 6- 0 to Latics.

Another time when one player was having a nightmare opening 15 minutes he was unceremoniously substituted.

The players will certainly know Joe means business and who is the boss.

Joe performed miracles with what he had at Ipswich, I remember when the pressure from the fans about the long ball game was going on he only had 13 or 14 fit first team players, you do whatever you have to in those circumstances. I don't think that any huge tactical masterstrokes are coming in the next few weeks, we just need the players to get their heads together and perform to their potential and we'll be OK.