Happy...but also slightly worried...

First of all let me say I am 100% behind Big Joe and if anyone can rescue this season it is him.

The thought of seeing him grace the dug out is so exciting and is taking me back to my teenage days when going to Latics was just mental...

I just hope everyone realises that its a big ask for any manager to come in at this stage of a season and get a team up... If it happens it will be the stuff of dreams but if it doesn’t I hope peoples memory of Big Joe isn’t hurt and everyone realises what a big ask it was...

Personally, I think a fairy tail may of just started :D

First of all let me say I am 100% behind Big Joe and if anyone can rescue this season it is him.

The thought of seeing him grace the dug out is so exciting and is taking me back to my teenage days when going to Latics was just mental...

I just hope everyone realises that its a big ask for any manager to come in at this stage of a season and get a team up... If it happens it will be the stuff of dreams but if it doesn’t I hope peoples memory of Big Joe isn’t hurt and everyone realises what a big ask it was...

Personally, I think a fairy tail may of just started :D

I have to say that sums up my feelings.

The time was probably right, maybe Big Joe can get us up, and extend his contract in the summer, but concerns he has been out of the game for a fair while and not been in this division for a very long time.

Have to say I think it was a :censored: sandwich appintment, if you have to give bad news, give some good news to fill it with.

I pray that Royle does not fall into the Never-Go-Back sysndrome and is not an Andy Goram.

I hope he is a..

Actually can anyone think of sucesses where someone has gone back and ben nearly as sucessful? I'd settle for nearly as succesful.

C'on Joe you can do it.

Believe.

Edited by singe

I'm one for never going back but it's only for 9 games so for me he's back on a honeymoon. He's not the long term option. TTA (and him maybe) will be busy behind the scenes from now til May to secure the right man for the job next season.

There is no better person available in football today who I'd rather have than Big Joe. Succeed or fail, we're gonna give it our best shot.

E4e

BFJBA

I was born in 1990 so only know what my dad has told me about Joe. He is thrilled to bits about it but also said he is slightly worried for Joe he aint a real wizard.... but IF anyone can do it Joes the man. Said younger fans should understand Joe will have a plan A,B,C,D.....Z some selections might have you scratching your head at first but back him...for Gods sake back him whatever. It has been known for Joe to stick 5 up front, centre halfs at centre forward. One thing is for sure if some daft player tells Joe to F off from the pitch he wont be on it long enough to repeat it. A PROPER BOSS. If we dont have two players as genuine wingers on Saturday dad will be amazed. Watch Allott turn into the new yard dog...

Expect 100% effort from everyone and a man who can talk in front of a camera.

Royle signed Allott as a 14 year old!

The time was probably right, maybe Big Joe can get us up, and extend his contract in the summer, but concerns he has been out of the game for a fair while and not been in this division for a very long time.

Have to say I think it was a :censored: sandwich appintment, if you have to give bad news, give some good news to fill it with.

I pray that Royle does not fall into the Never-Go-Back sysndrome and is not an Andy Goram.

I hope he is a..

Actually can anyone think of sucesses where someone has gone back and ben nearly as sucessful? I'd settle for nearly as succesful.

C'on Joe you can do it.

Believe.

Redknapp at Pompey did OK second time around - for a recent example. But I agree 2nd time is not normally a success.

However for Joe this time its a case of nothing to lose.

10 games left which if he achieves the same level of performance and results as the last 10 it'll be a case of 'thanks for helping out, but it was too short a time to turn it round'. We are 8th and looking like missing out on the Play-offs at the moment and safe from relegation - failure for Joe is what we currently look like getting so no tarnished reputation for me if he leaves at the end of the season.

10 games left and a chance to get in the play-offs, and a chance to go up through them? Absolutely. Achieve this Joe, and given the length of time we have sat in this division getting frustrated, you may well add to the achievements you already delivered and cement your status.

Cannot lose for me. Also gives everyone a boost in the 'feel good' stakes - at least until we concede at home against Tranmere!

made up - the sun was shining this morning on my way to work and I got to admit could've been a slight tear forming in my eye and the thought of seeing Big Joe in the dugout,The guy defined my childhood. Absolutely cant wait to hear "big fat Joes Barmy army" ringing round BP - Absolute legend, I dont care if it dont usually work - There is room for sentiment in football in my opinion

I share some other people’s fears that expectations may be too high. He is no overnight wizard - he had been manager for eight years before the ‘Pinch me’ season. Almost all his time has been spent managing at a higher level than this. But he is a proper, strong manager which was what we needed. Let’s hope the magic is still there. We certainly have enough quality players to succeed, it is to be hoped Joe has enough time to sort them out.

I hope he is a..

C'on Joe you can do it.

Believe.

In recent times, Harry Redknap at Portsmouth

Cheers,

Harry

Cheers Harry, and Scapegoat.

I was really trying to think of someone.

In fact the Redknapp analogy is probably a good one.

Goes back does better, and probably a bit older and wiser and cleverer.

And he mae an instant impact at Tottenham, which if Joe repeats could mean we are in the play offs!

Got a bit of hope it can be done now, I was just looking for an example to believe it could happen.

th2003.

Joe and Scholes, that is fairytale stuff!

If Scholes is still playing in title deciders v Liverpool, can't see him coming to Latics in a few motnhs time. Not sure even I love Latics THAT much!

Isn't ALL his career as a manager at a higher level?

With the exception of his one year at Man City where he dragged them out of this level kicking and screaming he then went to Ipswich and was sacked in the summer of 2006 for being a fottball dinosaur and playing to much long ball football sound familiar? One thing is clear is that he would never have got the time now to build the team and the success he did then the messageboard mafia who have never been in a football dressing room and think that football management is a doddle will just have hounded him out.

With the exception of his one year at Man City where he dragged them out of this level kicking and screaming he then went to Ipswich and was sacked in the summer of 2006 for being a fottball dinosaur and playing to much long ball football sound familiar? One thing is clear is that he would never have got the time now to build the team and the success he did then the messageboard mafia who have never been in a football dressing room and think that football management is a doddle will just have hounded him out.

Not a more true word spoken...

Indeed. The five years from his appointment to the 1987 play offs witnessed calls on the terraces for his removal but fortunately the lack of the internet didn't allow ignorant, "immediate success", bandwagons to roll. Nor was there the prevelance of personal abuse to anywhere near the same level.

Sorry but that is Bollocks! He got Ipswich into the Play Offs three times! They let him go as they wanted a change of direction (and budget) and saw Jim Magilton as the great new hope. Ipswich have been nowhere near promotion since Royle left, dinosaur or not!

Promotion with Latics

Cup Final with Latics

2 Semi-Finals with Latics

3 seasons in the Top-flight

Failed Play-Off Campaign with Latics

Relegation with Latics

Kept Everton up against all the odds

Wins the FA Cup in half a season

First Euro campaign since Adam was a boy

Couldn't save city

2 back to back promotions

Unlucky to be relegated, not backed by the board and basically playing in the Prem with a League One team!

Ipswich 3 Play Off campaigns

Some friggin' dinosaur. A manager that is pro-active, swears by wingers and his all out atatcking approach is widely accepted to have been copied by Fergie (pacy wingers and full backs) with two dogs of war in the middle. Given United's massive budget, the approach works and hey presto win everything in sight over the last 20 years!

This dinosaur will not look on impassively, if it 'aint working after 20 minutes, he will change it, if that doesn't work he'll go Plan C.

Not worried at all, Royle will give his all - will the players?

Edited by oafcprozac

like what prozac said!

joe processes something called plan a,b and c.

wasn't afraid to change things if things wern't working.

5 up front with 15 mins to go when chasing a game!

who else had the balls to try that!!

and it paid off...

the theory was"ok...we're losing..we need a win...if we lose 1-0,we may as lose 3-0 and go for broke!"

love to tot up the points we gained from that tactic!

As much as I agree with the Internet giving fans more access to information and having a greater voice, I don't for one minute believe that what we say on here influences the decisions at the club. They may read this board because it is linked to the main site, but no businessmen with any sense would base a decision on what they read on a forum.

If we had beat MK Dons on Saturday, John Sheridan would still be in charge. I think that maybe the directors had contacted Royle with a "what if" scenario and that scenario ended up being played out.

What the fans do and say on here is just an outlet for our views and expressions and not a business template for the Directors.

by wingers and his all out atatcking approach is widely accepted to have been copied by Fergie (pacy wingers and full backs) with two dogs of war in the middle.

do we not already have that .... so hope he gets the best out of our GOOD young players .... think he will love smalley and allesandra

Sorry but that is Bollocks! He got Ipswich into the Play Offs three times! They let him go as they wanted a change of direction (and budget) and saw Jim Magilton as the great new hope. Ipswich have been nowhere near promotion since Royle left, dinosaur or not!

Promotion with Latics

Cup Final with Latics

2 Semi-Finals with Latics

3 seasons in the Top-flight

Failed Play-Off Campaign with Latics

Relegation with Latics

Kept Everton up against all the odds

Wins the FA Cup in half a season

First Euro campaign since Adam was a boy

Couldn't save city

2 back to back promotions

Unlucky to be relegated, not backed by the board and basically playing in the Prem with a League One team!

Ipswich 3 Play Off campaigns

Some friggin' dinosaur. A manager that is pro-active, swears by wingers and his all out atatcking approach is widely accepted to have been copied by Fergie (pacy wingers and full backs) with two dogs of war in the middle. Given United's massive budget, the approach works and hey presto win everything in sight over the last 20 years!

This dinosaur will not look on impassively, if it 'aint working after 20 minutes, he will change it, if that doesn't work he'll go Plan C.

Not worried at all, Royle will give his all - will the players?

The best people to ask about the dinosaur claim would be Ipswich fans don't get me wrong I am nothing less than 100% behind big Joe but we still have the same team as we have before and all the problems that it has had haven't magically disappeared.

Edited by GlossopLatic