Shane Supple

The word from my mate who is an ipswich fan is

''great keeper, looks about 12 but very good shot stopper. Good signing''

Another position Royle is no mug at identifying talent:-

Goram (ok Frizz brought him to the club, but Joe showed enough faith to make him his number 1)

Gorton

Rhodes

Hallworth

Gerrard

Walsh

ok we'll skip over Keeley, Litchfield and Lance Key

His first signing was in fact Martin Hodge I believe to cover for the crocked Goram.

However one bugbear Joe, based on his performance at BP in March '91 for Bristol Rovers - why the hell did we let Brian Parkin go?

got to be more supple than Budtz... ok I dont need telling :getmecoat:

love the line "I've been told 'no' so far - but I haven't started pestering yet," he added. Typical Royle.

whats the betting the two clubs he pesters are everton and man city for players ??

whats the betting the two clubs he pesters are everton and man city for players ??

Exactly.

However the problem with Everton is that pretty much thier entire forst team is out injured... otherwise I'd think we would have been in prime position to get some of the kids who have ben making up the first team...

As for Citeh... well, DS would be very nice... think its about time Mr Hughes did us a favour eh... DS to score a volleyed winner at wembley for us? :wink:

The word from my mate who is an ipswich fan is

''great keeper, looks about 12 but very good shot stopper. Good signing''

yeah my housemate pretty much says the same. just needs game apparently, and the only block to the deal could be that ipswich will need to get a loan in to get splinters on the bench

yeah my housemate pretty much says the same. just needs game apparently, and the only block to the deal could be that ipswich will need to get a loan in to get splinters on the bench

Quick! Someone give them Jan Budtz's number!*

*and obvioulsy forget to mention he is awful, awful, awful terribleness... but very good at sitting on benches.

Guest sheridans_world

Why, oh why, would you loan a keeper out to bring a keeper in on loan?

Weird...

Shane Supple will join Oldham on loan for the rest of the season with Blues bringing in Bartosz Bialkowski from Southampton as a replacement.

So that your young keeper can get some match practice?

I was just about to post the same thing. They obviously have high hopes for the lad and it makes sense for him to be playing more 1st team football. I know Flemming will be back soon but they might feel that he has a better chance of taking his place than their own keeper at the moment.

I was just about to post the same thing. They obviously have high hopes for the lad and it makes sense for him to be playing more 1st team football. I know Flemming will be back soon but they might feel that he has a better chance of taking his place than their own keeper at the moment.

The last keeper we signed from Ipswich on loan wasn't bad.....

The last keeper we signed from Ipswich on loan wasn't bad.....

:)

One of my favourite ever Junior Latics meetings was when I found an Ipswich V Oldham programme, which had a full page picture of Hallworth in an Ipswich Kit - and I got Hallworth to sign it.

Still have it in my box of great Latics souvenirs from the 'pinch me years' ...

So many random memories coming back thanks to Big Joe!