Who was your Dads favourite player?

Nothing to be ashamed of.... Kenny was my football hero too.

"Ten times better than Keegan, who was a good'n himself".......I've heard it a million times. :lol:

He isn't a scouser, I'd just like to make that clear. I suppose in those days what little football there was on TV was often Liverpool.

....Andy Barlow :huh:

but i think it was just because they went to school together.

Top bloke. Still recognises me and says hello whenever I see him despite him only knowing me from taking a few training sessions years ago. He probably only remembers me because I was a Latic - none of the placky reds even knew who he was!

I seem to remember him playing right wing at Hillsborough, I think it was a first and last! :lol:

Anyway....back on topic..... :grin:

Top bloke. Still recognises me and says hello whenever I see him despite him only knowing me from taking a few training sessions years ago. He probably only remembers me because I was a Latic - none of the placky reds even knew who he was!

I seem to remember him playing right wing at Hillsborough, I think it was a first and last! :lol:

Anyway....back on topic..... :grin:

Andy's a member at my golf club. I preferred him as a footballer than a golfer - he was never cocky as a footballer :grin:

Doesnt have to be a Latics player, just an interesting conversation me and my mate (stockport fan) had the other night

I'm pretty sure my Dads favourite player was Jim Fryatt, or "King Jim Bang-Them-In" as he used to say, played for us in the early 70's and helped us win promotion

bobby charlton was my dads fav.

Tom Finney, when he pretends to have had any interest in football. Sadly I know more about Finney than he does, I had to prove to him that he had played both CF and on the wing. More impressively, Bill Shankly once arrested an escaping villain for my grandad. No prizes for guessing where my dad comes from.

Lincoln_Blue could probably tell you who my dad's favourite player was as they spent a good hour or so talking about this very subject in BKK last Tuesday.

I think that the answer is Bobby Johnstone.

My mum's favourite player is Alan Groves.

And, for the record, mine is Andy Ritchie.

Doesnt have to be a Latics player, just an interesting conversation me and my mate (stockport fan) had the other night

I'm pretty sure my Dads favourite player was Jim Fryatt, or "King Jim Bang-Them-In" as he used to say, played for us in the early 70's and helped us win promotion

None Latics player.

Jimmy Johnstone - Celtic. One of the Lisbon Lions and better known as "jinky" north of the border. There's a cracking statue of him outside Celtic Park.

Close to him is Henrik Larsson.

He did like Gazza until he signed for Rangers. :lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

my dad's was Sir Garfield St Aubrun Sobers ,he never liked football only cricket , but i did get him to watch latics with me once , 1977 leaque cup v hull away , we lost 2-0

Played golf with the great man and Sonny Ramadhin. My Dad was hugely jealous!

Bert Lister from the football arena

My dad went for Colin Bell as his favourite.

But said George Best was (avoiding the pun) the best he's seen. He must have been bloody good as my dad's been a season ticket holder at City for 50 years and hates United more than anyone!!!