Who was your Dads favourite player?

Doesnt have to be a Latics player, just an interesting conversation me and my mate (stockport fan) had the other night

I'm pretty sure my Dads favourite player was Jim Fryatt, or "King Jim Bang-Them-In" as he used to say, played for us in the early 70's and helped us win promotion

Doesnt have to be a Latics player, just an interesting conversation me and my mate (stockport fan) had the other night

I'm pretty sure my Dads favourite player was Jim Fryatt, or "King Jim Bang-Them-In" as he used to say, played for us in the early 70's and helped us win promotion

David Shaw later Nick Henry

David Cross, mainly because he was good mates with him at school and he followed his career.

My dad didnt go and watch any live football till i turned 5 years old and started moaning about wanting to watch latics, that was in 1986 and so my dad and my mum quickly fell in love with Roger Palmer, as did I. So I will put my mum & dad down as Palmer fans.

Im also not afraid to point out both my mum and dad stopped going when the glory days ended. If anyone wants to give them some sh*t I'll supply a direct telephone number :angry:

Outoftheblue will hopefully be able to answer this on my behalf.

Ahh! Now you know how fickle your dad can be, but I do know he's been a great admirer of Ritchie, Whittle, Halom and Fryatt.

Send him a text - he enjoys proving me wrong....

My dad grew up a United fan, watched them win the European Cup at Wembley in 1968 and then decided he should be a Latics fan... I'll never understand his logic but love him for it! But that means his is George Best.

Ha ha...I grew up a United fan (had no choice as that is my Dad's team), but always had Oldham as my second team. I decided to make Oldham my first team about 2 seconds after Mark Hughes's equaliser in the 94 fa cup semi.

My Dad's favourite player was George Best.

Ahh! Now you know how fickle your dad can be, but I do know he's been a great admirer of Ritchie, Whittle, Halom and Fryatt.

Send him a text - he enjoys proving me wrong....

He said if he's being awkward - Stainrod or Groves. Otherwise, Ritchie.

He also said there's none more fickle than your good self :wink: