Big Joe's impact on Saturday

As an "exile" I only get to BP a few times each season, but Monday morning I was on the blower to order my tickets for Saturday, and relishing the prospect of a 400 mile round trip. And the reason is Joe. I'm old enough to have been through the good days. I'm also realistic enough to appreciate that 9 games isn't long enough to make the same impact as last time. Of course I hope we'll have the ususal temporary "bounce" from a new manager, but win, lose or draw I'll be happy just to greet BFJ back :D

I noticed "Isle of Wight" on here is making a trip, and Alan Hardy is expecting 9000 (???) .. but how many others know of people (exiles or stay away locals) who are making the effort because of Joe?

As an "exile" I only get to BP a few times each season, but Monday morning I was on the blower to order my tickets for Saturday, and relishing the prospect of a 400 mile round trip. And the reason is Joe. I'm old enough to have been through the good days. I'm also realistic enough to appreciate that 9 games isn't long enough to make the same impact as last time. Of course I hope we'll have the ususal temporary "bounce" from a new manager, but win, lose or draw I'll be happy just to greet BFJ back :D

I noticed "Isle of Wight" on here is making a trip, and Alan Hardy is expecting 9000 (???) .. but how many others know of people (exiles or stay away locals) who are making the effort because of Joe?

I'm coming into Oldham from Mossley and picking 2 up from Saddleworth seems Royle fever isn't only in Oldham!

I am - been to a few aways but this will be only my second home game of the season.

For a couple of hours or so on Monday afternoon I persuaded myself that I would be able to leave on Friday lunchtime, fly back for the match and return in time to be in work on Monday morning!

However, good sense prevailed and I've decided to wait until the play off final before making the trip.

I'm such a glory hunter!!

For a couple of hours or so on Monday afternoon I persuaded myself that I would be able to leave on Friday lunchtime, fly back for the match and return in time to be in work on Monday morning!

However, good sense prevailed and I've decided to wait until the play off final before making the trip.

I'm such a glory hunter!!

I thought about it but I'm saving my flights money for the play-off final! :grin:

However, I am committing to getting up at 7am (or is it 8am now our clocks have gone forward?) to listen to the match on Saturday! What's the Chron's email addy? :lol:

I thought about it but I'm saving my flights money for the play-off final! :grin:

However, I am committing to getting up at 7am (or is it 8am now our clocks have gone forward?) to listen to the match on Saturday! What's the Chron's email addy? :lol:

Hey Martis you time zone sucks a bit doesnt start till 11am for me :grin:

I am also saving for flights for wembley, already dreamt it keep the faith its gonna happen.

I was living in Adelaide Australia and flew back to see family - I saw we were playing at home on the Saturday against Port Vale, About 1.30pm I dropped partner off shopping and went up to BP all kitted out ready to raoar from my beloved chaddy ...I got there and the ground was pretty sparse and there were few people about ......but then there would be ....the kick off had been changed to 12.00 ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the only freaking 12 'O'C;ock kick off all season !!!!!

So Ryde, Isle of Wight to BP is really a short hop and unless they change the KO time again I will there

My Dad hasn't been all season, but he's going Saturday to welcome Joe home.

Me and my good lady will be making the trip down from Leyburn North Yorkshire (100 miles away) which we do every home match, BUT this time we are confident that it will be a lot different than the usual fare served up so far this season, with few exeptions it's been pretty grim. A return to the swashbuckling days of Big Joe,s first coming should be a real treat.I dont know how everyone else is feeling about Saturday, but I am really exited and looking forward to a fantastic day.Joe,s return has certainly sparked us up, and I suspect it's given the whole town a lift. " KEEP THE FAITH "

Hey Martis you time zone sucks a bit doesnt start till 11am for me :grin:

I am also saving for flights for wembley, already dreamt it keep the faith its gonna happen.

I know, it gets worse if the KO is moved earlier - I think it was 4am for the second play off leg at Blackers cos it was also Cup Final day. I remember being barely awake for that match (good thing), recovering from a Friday night skinful watching it on my laptop (cough). Then I had to go and watch the FA Cup - luckily Chelski won...

So are you in the Detroit area? I remember someone on here posting a while ago that they lived around there.

(I still thing we should start up N.A.I.L.S. - North American Independent Latics Supporters - regardless of what anyone else has set up in Canada :grin: )

I'll see you on the flight to Wembley!

I know, it gets worse if the KO is moved earlier - I think it was 4am for the second play off leg at Blackers cos it was also Cup Final day. I remember being barely awake for that match (good thing), recovering from a Friday night skinful watching it on my laptop (cough). Then I had to go and watch the FA Cup - luckily Chelski won...

So are you in the Detroit area? I remember someone on here posting a while ago that they lived around there.

(I still thing we should start up N.A.I.L.S. - North American Independent Latics Supporters - regardless of what anyone else has set up in Canada :grin: )

I'll see you on the flight to Wembley!

You know now Big Joe is back lets do it. I am in Northern Michigan can you believe it snowed here today for a couple of hours despite being in the 60s for the past two days.

Robert

If i wasnt in the process of buyin a house, i would be at every game possible, unfortunatly i have to settle for owtb's game with rochdale instead. bloody financial constraints!!!

Pain in the arse isn't it? Can't afford to go again til after payday. Roll on the Peterborough game.

Saving for flights for Wembley !!!

However, If someone can pick me up.......drive out of Brisbane Airport and onto the Gateway Arterial......Take the Wynnum exit, turn right and head for the coast....I will be the one in the Blue Bovis shirt sitting on the Harbour wall

I am taking two people that are going after hearing of the return of Royle, and I know of 5 others that are doing the same.

I am still getting into people about being there Saturday. I only hope the players read this and know they must perform!

You know now Big Joe is back lets do it. I am in Northern Michigan can you believe it snowed here today for a couple of hours despite being in the 60s for the past two days.

Robert

It's on! :lol: How many Latics have we got in the US (and Canada and Mexico!)? There's Simon in Wisconsin and I had a couple of emails from a fan in San Jose a few years ago.

We had snow last week but it didnt stay around long. Weird weather = global warming, I mean, climate change :grin:

Mart

It's on! :lol: How many Latics have we got in the US (and Canada and Mexico!)? There's Simon in Wisconsin and I had a couple of emails from a fan in San Jose a few years ago.

We had snow last week but it didnt stay around long. Weird weather = global warming, I mean, climate change :grin:

Mart

Hey Mart

We may have to change the name if any guys from Mexico join to South North American Independant Laics Supporters

SNAILS :blink:

Yep weather is weird back to the sunshine today hope thats its, can start catching the monster carp here in Michigan.