Thats it! off I go...

And has it got any better?

back then i went to games optimistic that we could win and maybe get out of this league, now I know that wont happen. Players are quite happy these days to move from club to club without a care in the world as to what theyve left behind. (8-9 loan signings) We are just left to pick the pieces up and be expected to watch that!

What good times have there been this season or last?

You need to keep it "real" and open your eyes!

Under talbot you thought we were going up? Or under Ritchie; late 90s? You were optomistic in the season we finished 19th by beating bradford on the last day, coming from behind? Eh?

You want me to get "real"? jesus H christ on a bike, that's a bloody odd view you've got there harry.

You say there's been no good times this season? you're clueless if you really believe that one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give your head a wobble, have a beer and see how you feel in the morning

latics are your team and always will be if you are a true supporter

i was first taken to latics 25 years ago against my will by my brother and the rest is history

its in my blood

it will be in my kids blood

like i said through thick and thin, i used to hate the dross football in the mid 80s, saw the good times, and now some good some bad.

reality check time we are a small club keeping our heads above water

what we dont need is people deserting the club after 17 years

id still support them if the played on clayton playing fields

Post of the day :comeon: .

When we are playing on clayton in a few years who's bringing the bovril??

Having supported Latics all my life, i have really become so frustrated and after today have decided never to walk into Boundary Park again, until I see a team that is gonna fight for the club.

Quite simply why do I pay my money every home game to see dross like that? It was an embarrasment.

Obviously, some fans will just say "bye then!" to this statement.

I dont get my money back for watching a team with a lack of passion and commitment do I? So why should they pick up their over-inflated wage packet week in week out? So I will no longer give them my 20 quid a game.

These are classed as professional people, was that a professional display today? 8 year old kids heads' drop when they're losing, not professional footballers!!

Eardley you are a joke!

R.I.P Latics! :ranting:

Harry,

If I'm wide of the mark here I apologise but I have my doubts as to how genuine this is.

You've supported Latics for 17 years, shelling out £20/game, and have reached the end of your tether and you're not coming back. I'm with you to a point on this (not that I'll be doing the same).

But that then prompted you to make this your first post on OWTB?!

Come on!

Harry, I have felt like that loads of times and said its my last game. even now our patience is being tested in another dimension, I have always known we arent brilliant, i can except that. But like you said this team lack passion and pride for the badge on their chest, however I keep going, Home and away, i am sure by Tues or wednesday you will have mellowed and we'll all see you at BP next home game..just a bit of advice though mate, if you sre feelin down and lookin for insperation dont voice your concerns on here, too many tossers mate. i for one am proud to have your loyal support for the last 20 years. It aint easy at the mo, keep the faith dude

Having supported Latics all my life, i have really become so frustrated and after today have decided never to walk into Boundary Park again, until I see a team that is gonna fight for the club.

Quite simply why do I pay my money every home game to see dross like that? It was an embarrasment.

I dont get my money back for watching a team with a lack of passion and commitment do I? So why should they pick up their over-inflated wage packet week in week out? So I will no longer give them my 20 quid a game.

These are classed as professional people, was that a professional display today? 8 year old kids heads' drop when they're losing, not professional footballers!!

Eardley you are a joke!

What a good fan you are.

Fickle as...

What a good fan you are.

Fickle as...

Believe it or not i just like to come on here to read what other people say, my support for the club is not judged on how many posts i have done on OWTB (if your lives revolve around this site then how sad you are).

Todays performance was just the last straw for me im sorry! Today was a chance for the players to prove themselves and they bottled it, how much more inspiration could you get from Joe Royle's first game back in charge. They couldnt even lift themselves for that!

To the people that are having a go at me should really question, why should I spend my hard earned money (and believe me its hard earned) on players who dont care? i never said i will completely turn my back, i just said until there is commitment from the players.

Until then I wont return, so whats wrong with that? Ive followed Latics all over and rarely missed a home game, thats commitment, all I ask for is some back. Im not asking for miracles here!

Maybe im wrong for saying what ive said on here as quite clearly u cant put your point across but ill keep the silence by staying away. Watching us today made me feel sick, no effort, not a clue!

Believe it or not i just like to come on here to read what other people say, my support for the club is not judged on how many posts i have done on OWTB (if your lives revolve around this site then how sad you are).

I'm doomed!

Todays performance was just the last straw for me im sorry! Today was a chance for the players to prove themselves and they bottled it, how much more inspiration could you get from Joe Royle's first game back in charge. They couldnt even lift themselves for that!
And this is where any frustration I have differs to yours. New manager. One with a great track record. First game in charge. Starts finding out what the players are really like. Starts to be able to sort it out. But you've jumped ship. Your timing baffles me.

To the people that are having a go at me should really question, why should I spend my hard earned money (and believe me its hard earned) on players who dont care?
But I think you'll see that start to change pretty fast.

how old are you? 10

being a FAN means through thick and thin

sod off and go and support utd like the other glory hunters then

You should post more!!!

Spot on...but there's only really 2000 of us who feel that way. Yes, we can still get 4,500 but there's far too many of those tossers booing and shouting right at fans, players or the manager, so they hear it, that they're :censored: , tossers or useless :censored: ! I think public hangings would be the only thing that would make anyone but the REAL HARDCORE happy!

Edited by Markoasis

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :bigcry:

Despite your little tantrum there, I think you'll be back. There'll probably be times in the future where you'll feel the same again. Maybe one day you'll become wise to this cycle and just accept you're stuck with us for life.

Or you could carry on throwing hissy fits each time like the one in your opening post and yield ridicule from all around you.

I've felt like not coming back numerous times, but i'll find myself back in the same seat, next to the same people, watching the same rubbish next game. I can't help myself.....

One thing i have noticed is the distinct lack of passion from the players. No team spirit, no energy and no passion. In the past, we've gone through bad patches where we just had bad players, or played bad football....but this is the worst of all now. I understand that i will never see passion from the players like i have for the club, but there should be some there. I never really moan at the players, but i had to shout something when Danny Whittaker didn't even jump to try and win a header which the defender headed directly above him - that kind of play is disgraceful.

Come on. We've all done it. Left Rotherham and said "I'm never going back". We don't mean it. We'll be back, as will Harry. He's just blowing off steam.

No need for the great fan, crap fan :censored:. He'll be back. Otherwise he wouldn't be telling us about it. Harry = Great fan, as he'll be back.

Come on. We've all done it. Left Rotherham and said "I'm never going back". We don't mean it. We'll be back, as will Harry. He's just blowing off steam.

No need for the great fan, crap fan :censored:. He'll be back. Otherwise he wouldn't be telling us about it. Harry = Great fan, as he'll be back.

But we've not had a new manager in that 1 game at Rotherham. Got to say, I've never said it personally but that's not the point I'm making....it's that today was the start of a brand new era....and....A ROYLE ERA!!! and to come out with "I'm not ever going back" is just completely unbelievable!!! It ain't after a Rotherham, Hereford, B.Rovers, Colchester..........you get the idea :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Eardley you are a joke!

crap attitude mate.

how are you ever going to see a team that fights for the club if you've refused to go?

i would love to be at boundary park every second week to support my beloved latics whether they are playing like donkeys or world beaters.

what kind of supporter walks out on their club?

Eardley you are a joke!

I always wonder how "real" so called supporters are that come on here and in their 1st posts say things like you.

First registered last July but then wait 9 months to post a "thats it I'm finished with Latics" type thread.

It really makes me wonder if these type of posters are City/United/a.n.other club supporters, especially when there are no references to the past 17 years that they claim to have been a supporter.

Personally, I believe that 99% of these posters are fishing. :hooked:

Cheers,

Harry

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

People like you don't understand we need more support when we are rubbish than when we are good. At least we have our hardcore the type that would never no matter what.

This season and last, it is the hardcore who have been drifting away, that's the problem.

Look at the numbers on here who say they don't go anymore, or are not going to renew, or are starting to pick and choose their games. Their ranks include some prominent posters.

You should post more!!!

Spot on...but there's only really 2000 of us who feel that way. Yes, we can still get 4,500 but there's far too many of those tossers booing and shouting right at fans, players or the manager, so they hear it, that they're :censored: , tossers or useless :censored: ! I think public hangings would be the only thing that would make anyone but the REAL HARDCORE happy!

There is no REAL HARDCORE support, only hardcore support, and that is what's dwindling the longer failure to progress continues.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I find it worrying that people who used to go week in week out are turning their back on the club weather you like it or not the club needs people like harry

harry may I ask, if the club were to offer cheap season ticket deals like what Huddersfield and Bradford have done would that make you return?

Does it really matter when I posted my first post on here?

The fact of the matter is I've felt strongley enough to express exactly how im feeling about the club at this time. This is not based just on this one game is it? Even if it is Joe's return it's still the same players. The same players that simply dont care? Nothings gonna change for the remainder of this season as he cant bring in a whole new set of players. This is why im choosing to stay away.

I know im not on my own as the attendances have proved this season. TTA cant keep throwing money at this club and neither can I, so why cant the players realise this and buck their ideas up.

Maybe the other 4500 or so stay aways have chosen not to vent their anger on here, and explain why they will not return but I chose to. This thread was my first post and more than likely my last. Ive simply had enough and Im bored watching that crap, so why go anymore. Very sad to say but totally true.

Harry Dowd you really are a :censored: !

Edited by Markoasis

I find it worrying that people who used to go week in week out are turning their back on the club weather you like it or not the club needs people like harry

harry may I ask, if the club were to offer cheap season ticket deals like what Huddersfield and Bradford have done would that make you return?

Guys, guys stop the bickering it's not good for the blood pressure.

Sure we played rubbish yesterday, but surely you didn't expect JR to turn the team round in less than a week. Come on get realistic, he met the players on Monday and they've trained for however many days before Saturday. Do you really think a new manager can come in and turn things around in ONE game. Big Joe needs time to get to know the team, work out who plays well with each other, who understands each other etc etc.

So we might miss out this year, but I for one will certainly be renewing my season ticket. Stop booing the guys, get behind them. Is it any wonder that they're walking round with their heads down when all they can hear is the dross being shouted at them from the terraces.

Had my say.

Deedee

give your head a wobble, have a beer and see how you feel in the morning

latics are your team and always will be if you are a true supporter

i was first taken to latics 25 years ago against my will by my brother and the rest is history

its in my blood

it will be in my kids blood

like i said through thick and thin, i used to hate the dross football in the mid 80s, saw the good times, and now some good some bad.

reality check time we are a small club keeping our heads above water

what we dont need is people deserting the club after 17 years

id still support them if the played on clayton playing fields

I like it relegation for the next 5 seasons after this one. Anyway on a serious note if we don't improve by next season we are going down but l will still be there.

Harry Dowd you really are a tosser!

I don't know the bloke, but he usually talks sense. And the 99% thing gives room to accept that you may be genuine.

I just don't get why a longstanding supporter would dessert the club one game in to a new manager's reign.

That's simply bizarre.