Visitor from Holland

Good afternoon to all of you,

First of all sorry for bothering you. Let me introduce myself first. Im from Holland and I live in a town near Amsterdam and Im a big football fan.

On the 4th of April I will visit your home match against Peterborough with my brother. For no reason I always followed the results of Oldham on the internet and I always had the intention to visit Boundary Park. I was hoping I may ask you some questions about the ground, the pubs near the ground etc. Thanks in advance!

Cheers :OWTB1:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all sorry for bothering you. Let me introduce myself first. Im from Holland and I live in a town near Amsterdam and Im a big football fan.

On the 4th of April I will visit your home match against Peterborough with my brother. For no reason I always followed the results of Oldham on the internet and I always had the intention to visit Boundary Park. I was hoping I may ask you some questions about the ground, the pubs near the ground etc. Thanks in advance!

Hi Mate,

I've moved your post into here, the main forum, so that more people see it.

I'm sure plenty on here can suggest places for you to go and help with any other questions you have.

Cheers,

Ack

OWTB Team

Just practice shouting, 'you're s**t, Eardley' for every time he misplaces a pass and you'll fit right in :wink:

Have a good trip.

There were some Dutch guys in the Rifle yesterday on their way to the game, Mark said he was going global with the international feel - I think he just dragged them in to lighten them of their Sterling...

So Im not the first dutch visitor? Is the Rifle on of your fav pubs?

'So Im (sic) not the first dutch visitor? Is the Rifle on (sic) of your fav pubs?' does indeed sound like the authentic expression of an English speaking Dutchman.

Or should that be dutchman?

Well sorry for my english. Unfortunately this is my best english....

Are you the forum teacher?

I should say dutchman. Small country...

Well sorry for my english. Unfortunately this is my best english....

Are you the forum teacher?

I should say dutchman. Small country...

Ignore Corp. You're more than welcome here Dutchlatic and your English is excellent. Far better than my Dutch.

Since when did people speaking English as a second language start referring to 'fav pubs?'

I don't know .... English (like yours ... I assume) is my first language so I'll never know (like you .. I assume) whether I (and you ... I assume) would use the word 'fav' if English was not my (and yours ... I assume) first language.

Missed you last week Corp, you know ... the week Royle came back and everyone was positive on this site. Ah!!! silly me ... that's why you didn't log in :huh:

Welcome to owtb dutch

I don't know .... English (like yours ... I assume) is my first language so I'll never know (like you .. I assume) whether I (and you ... I assume) would use the word 'fav' if English was not my (and yours ... I assume) first language.

Missed you last week Corp, you know ... the week Royle came back and everyone was positive on this site. Ah!!! silly me ... that's why you didn't log in :huh:

Welcome to owtb dutch

I've worked abroad on and off for years, in countries as diverse as Spain, Germany and Russia. No foreigner I've ever met who hasn't lived in Britain would use the term 'fav pub.' It's actually too colloquial and 'teenager' for most of those who've been settled here for years.

I've explained in the Sheridan thread why I wasn't on here last week: I was on holiday. Glad you missed me; I never even thought about you.

When there's some success to celebrate at this club then I'll be as positive as anybody.

I've worked abroad on and off for years, in countries as diverse as Spain, Germany and Russia. No foreigner I've ever met who hasn't lived in Britain would use the term 'fav pub.' It's actually too colloquial and 'teenager' for most of those who've been settled here for years.

I've explained in the Sheridan thread why I wasn't on here last week: I was on holiday. Glad you missed me; I never even thought about you.

When there's some success to celebrate at this club then I'll be as positive as anybody.

Well in my best english I would have said "favourite" pubs. But considering the fact Im a bit lazy I said "fav". What point are you trying to make?

I follow FC Twente, Stefan Stam follows AZ. FCT are currently second........above........ha ha.

What can I say... FCT currently have a very decent squad and a fantastic manager. And AZ will become the new champions.

You can laught at me. Im realistic.