Visitor from Holland

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I follow FC Twente, Stefan Stam follows AZ. FCT are currently second........above........ha ha.

Well, Shteve McLaren will beee vereeee 'appee with, how you shay, coming sho closhe to the errr, champeeonsheep. He ish no longer, ow the presh shay, the 'wollee with ze brolleee'.

Guest oa_exile
of course Stefan Stam is the other dutch visitor.. How can I forget hem.... :wink:

I used to work in Ede for many years,a couple of my Dutch work colleagues came over to BP a few seasons ago......as I said you are not the first :wink:

Also Stam's friends and family also frequent BP a couple of times a season. (maybe the one's in the Rifle Range?).

..........Just to make a point that it is a strange coincidence that someone from Belguim (notice the spelling) also posted for the 1st time last night :wink:

I work all over really. Coevorden, Velsen Noord, Eerbeek, Nieuweschans to name a few of the places. Velsen will be the closest to you also Ijmuiden.

Yes thats correct. Velsen Noord is about 3 miles from my home. What do you do for work?

Yes thats correct. Velsen Noord is about 3 miles from my home. What do you do for work?

In Velsen Noord I work at the paper mill plant (Crown van Gelder) there. Engineering. Next time I am over at that plant I'll pm you.

Edited by Lags

I've worked abroad on and off for years, in countries as diverse as Spain, Germany and Russia. No foreigner I've ever met who hasn't lived in Britain would use the term 'fav pub.' It's actually too colloquial and 'teenager' for most of those who've been settled here for years.

I've explained in the Sheridan thread why I wasn't on here last week: I was on holiday. Glad you missed me; I never even thought about you.

When there's some success to celebrate at this club then I'll be as positive as anybody.

Why so sceptical all the time? This must be a spy eh? Jesus Christ, must have been fun for the other tourists wherever you went on holiday, nothing like a highly experienced kill joy when you're on holiday!

Why so sceptical all the time? This must be a spy eh? Jesus Christ, must have been fun for the other tourists wherever you went on holiday, nothing like a highly experienced kill joy when you're on holiday!

What's your problem? Most people have welcomed the (cough) dutchman with open arms. Or opn rms as he might put it.

Apologies to the man if he turns out to be genuine, but as time goes on you might find yourself becoming more sceptical about many things, LL. In the meantime concentrate on what you're going to do when you have to start shaving.

I've worked abroad on and off for years, in countries as diverse as Spain, Germany and Russia. No foreigner I've ever met who hasn't lived in Britain would use the term 'fav pub.' It's actually too colloquial and 'teenager' for most of those who've been settled here for years.

I've explained in the Sheridan thread why I wasn't on here last week: I was on holiday. Glad you missed me; I never even thought about you.

When there's some success to celebrate at this club then I'll be as positive as anybody.

I know quite a few people from all over the Europe including Holland and Scandanavia. In my experience the use of “fav” is quite likely to be used as people tend to pick up colloquial terms through tv, films, music and the internet.

Glad to meet you Dutch Latic