Visitor from Holland

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can use a Dutch web proxy.

Disclaimer: I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate here. Please don't hurt me.

To be fair if anyone went to those lengths to hide the fact, they deserve to be who they want to be!

Anyone can use a Dutch web proxy.

Disclaimer: I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate here. Please don't hurt me.

Not quite that simple. Although one could, but believe me - if he's blagging he's gone to great lengths to acquire a Dutch network email address - similar to the ones Sky give out to their customers and that - which matches other criteria for the server. If it is blaggery, it really is a piece of work that is for only the truly warped and deranged.

What's your problem? Most people have welcomed the (cough) dutchman with open arms. Or opn rms as he might put it.

Apologies to the man if he turns out to be genuine, but as time goes on you might find yourself becoming more sceptical about many things, LL. In the meantime concentrate on what you're going to do when you have to start shaving.

Ok but only if you practice using your bed pan. If he turns out to be a troll I'll go "ah well, and forget it". I'll be careful of questions regarding bank account details though, cheers for the heads up.

Edited by LeylandLatic

Am I the only one who likes Corporal Jones? His acerbic wit and scathing cynicism are a welcome distraction.

His humour's a little too 'obvious' for me. He finds it hard to come up with new material and lacks imagination. Good thing he always has his trusty thesaurus though. :wink:

I've just read through all 7 pages of this (yes 7 pages, can't you tell I'm at work :grin:)

Excellent thread by the way (quite humerous in places).

It does just strike me though that the OP was only asking for the names of a few "fav" pubs near the ground. :lol:

There really is a lot of cynicism and hostility on here though.

BTW I agree with Zorro, I also find some of CJ posts and his sense of humour quite funny

(not his end of Latics is nigh stuff, obviously). <_<:wink:

Christ, 100+ posts responding to a chap who wanted some info on local pubs, and I still don't think he's got an answer!

Greetings Dutch Latic, if you do enter one of the local hostelries on your visit (White Hart, Old Grey Mare etc..) be sure to be wearing clogs and carrying a large bunch of tulips to assuage the suspicious minds of the locals as to your true nationality.

You're gone for the nite - cool off.

Did I miss something here?

Surely Corp wasn't banned for his opinion? Especially as it wasn't abusive (Other than light hearted references to certain posters still being wet behind the ears), nor was it expletive ridden or defamatory (Unlike other posts)?

If so, that would be a disgraceful abuse of a mods position.

I don't always agree with CJ, but enjoy his educated, literate and often dryly witty retorts.

I also admit to a touch of cynicism on first reading the Dutchman's posts as there are many people out there who get their kicks from pretending they are someone else. I'm still not 100% convinced.

CJ's posts are a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the sycophantic cliquey dross that appears on here, and a welcome counter opinion (Which is vital for serious debate and indeed good banter).

Other posters get away with spouting uninformed, illiterate hearsay time after time. Let's have some parity here.