Visitor from Holland

Did anybody actually make any arrangements to meet the lad on the day of the Peterborough game? I received a PM from him on Thursday asking me (with a wink) where we could meet so I could verify his identity. I wished him well and told him to enjoy the game. I still couldn't quite bring myself to think that English was his second language...

I don't know if it's 'warped and deranged' to try entice a small number of Latics fans to pubs, seeking out a mystery Dutchman (sorry, dutchman) who doesn't manifest himself, but it might be the sign of something.

The world is troubled and living ain't easy. As a late semi-famous reggaeman once sang.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody actually make any arrangements to meet the lad on the day of the Peterborough game? I received a PM from him on Thursday asking me (with a wink) where we could meet so I could verify his identity. I wished him well and told him to enjoy the game. I still couldn't quite bring myself to think that English was his second language...

I don't know if it's 'warped and deranged' to try entice a small number of Latics fans to pubs, seeking out a mystery Dutchman (sorry, dutchman) who doesn't manifest himself, but it might be the sign of something.

The world is troubled and living ain't easy. As a late semi-famous reggaeman once sang.

I don't know about that, but I wonder if I go to bed know, and think about Jet and Scarlet, will that make them real? I mean in some way, just for me?

Damn. Just thought of MM, deforestation all around :disappointed:

Hey lads,

My apoligies for the late reply. Of course I was at the game! Me and my brother had a great weekend in Manchester. We had the plan to go to the Rifle Range pub. But we thought kick off time was at 16.00. (dutch time of course). So we arrived at BP at about 1400. On our way to RR we realised kick off time was at 1500. So we had a quick drink in the pub near the chaddy stand. cant remember the name. But that pubs was full of posh fans. A bit dissapointing. After that we went to our seats in the chaddy stand. And we had a very good time despite the defeat. In the first half we sat on top of the stand right behind the goal. In the second half we sat between the goal and the main stand very close to the pitch. There was a lad waving a flag near us. Perhaps you ve seen him. I think the game was quite okay. You could have won from the number two. The ref was an idiot. Referee you w####r.. you w####r.. Good song! Sorry CJ youre not right again. I can show you photos too!

Hey lads,

My apoligies for the late reply. Of course I was at the game! Me and my brother had a great weekend in Manchester. We had the plan to go to the Rifle Range pub. But we thought kick off time was at 16.00. (dutch time of course). So we arrived at BP at about 1400. On our way to RR we realised kick off time was at 1500. So we had a quick drink in the pub near the chaddy stand. cant remember the name. But that pubs was full of posh fans. A bit dissapointing. After that we went to our seats in the chaddy stand. And we had a very good time despite the defeat. In the first half we sat on top of the stand right behind the goal. In the second half we sat between the goal and the main stand very close to the pitch. There was a lad waving a flag near us. Perhaps you ve seen him. I think the game was quite okay. You could have won from the number two. The ref was an idiot. Referee you w####r.. you w####r.. Good song! Sorry CJ youre not right again. I can show you photos too!

I know you Dutchmen like to get high, but come on, health and safety.

Hey lads,

Which pub was that?

Hey lads,

I can show you photos too!

Now if I was any good at that photoshopping malarky I would get a picture of an orange-clad Holland fan from Euro 2008 and put him in a photo of the (Chaddy) crowd from Saturday.... Anyone? :coffee1:

Edited by martjs

You couldn't have picked a worse pub than the clayton green mate. get in the queens or the grey mare or the white hart next time.

I allready thought that. We had not the intention to go to the clayton but as I said it was allready late. Next time better. The queens looked a bit rough to me. Om my way back I saw police outside the queens en I saw a lot of youngmen with caps who looked not so happy.

I allready thought that. We had not the intention to go to the clayton but as I said it was allready late. Next time better. The queens looked a bit rough to me. Om my way back I saw police outside the queens en I saw a lot of youngmen with caps who looked not so happy.

Were they Dutch Caps?