Alan Shearer - New Manager At Newcastle

Haha. Newcastle's board just doesn't have a clue. They veer aimlessly between random populist choices (Keegan, Shearer), flailing desperately when probably half-decent managers aren't immediately successful (Allardyce) and just bizarre (Kinnear).

It has been said following LAtics example.

But we appoint a hero with years of experience at the twilight of his careeer, having achieving much as a manager including aguably the most scuesful side in the club history.

Newcastle appoint a hero, but who has sat on his bum saying nothing for 3 years and has no maangerial experience whatsoever.

Not quite the same.

I was up in Newcastle today and I walked the long way round to go past St. James' to see if there was any mass hysteria. There were more people from the TV companies than fans there and the fans were the ultimate happy clappers- one had a current Newcastle shirt with Shearer on the back, another had some form of poster both of which were very scruffy and I'd be surprised if they went to games. The realistic taxi driver simply said don't talk about it when I asked if he was a footie fan. Personally I hope he fails for two reasons it will shut up the Geordie fans around here who seem to forget that they weren't even in the Premier League when we were (and they couldn't give the tickets away) and it will shut up Alan Shearer everytime there is a vacancy at the club.

Shearer thinks he's in a win-win situation here. He knows he's got bugger all management experience and he's deliberately left it until the season is almost over to take on the job. If he keeps them up, he'll be a bigger hero than he already is to the fat gits. If they go down, he'll just say he wasn't to blame for earlier in the season. I just hope they get embarrassingly stuffed every game 'til the end of the season.

and it will shut up Alan Shearer everytime there is a vacancy at the club.

Not to forget that by all accounts he was rarely short of an opinion when he was still a player... I loved it when Kinnear called him out and offered him the chance to come into the club a few days a week and see what was involved in being a manager. He declined, but at least now he will have Captain SackandSued to advise him.

They are serious about challenging Man City and Spurs for the Funny Football Club title. I do so hope he takes them down in acrimonious feuding similar to that his bitching has created for years, the big-headed turd.

I couldn't agree more!