Cross Bar Challenge

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

I dont think its been mentioned but a guy hit the cross bar today at half-time.

Granted the ball bounced first but it hit.

Now when I have seen this competition (even on Soccer AM) I believe that even if the ball bounces and then hits the cross bar, it still counts.

What do you lot think??

I dont think its been mentioned but a guy hit the cross bar today at half-time.

Granted the ball bounced first but it hit.

Now when I have seen this competition (even on Soccer AM) I believe that even if the ball bounces and then hits the cross bar, it still counts.

What do you lot think??

The rules, as created by Soccer AM when they introduced the game, were that the ball could bounce and hit the bar and it would count... which means that lucky sod gets 2 10year season tickets!!

The prize for missing is a 25 year season ticket!!

Seriously, I think they should pay up on this one. If not, at least let the poor sod have a season.

I was thinking it wouldn't hurt them to give him a season for himself... might encourage someone to buy an ST to sit with him.

The big news to be announced this week or next week, depending on whether you know what day it is, may be that a panel of players, who regularly toiuch the bar instead of scoring, has decided that the unlucky contestant should be invited to go on the next players' night out as a consolation prize.

Presumably there are some written rules that contestants are given before takng part. I spot a potential legal case here. As with all football related legal cases, I blame Sheffield United

Ah, but I blame West Ham. It was their strectching the rules by claiming the season ticket on a bounce in the first place. Always moaning about how hard doen by they are, that lot..