Or is it a case of crap supply from the midfield/playing hoofball ?

I think it's a mixture of all 3 myself.

In hindsight we'd have been better just sticking with Lewi and O'Grady. I'm pretty sure out of 40 apprearances they'd have bagged a few more goals than that. Actually, I say in hindsight... when it didn't really work with Ormerod and Byfield, the alarm bells should have been ringing by then.

thank god

The laziest, disinterested pile of :censored: I have seen in a long time. I lost count of the amount of times he was a couple of yards from the ball but couldn't be bothered and just stood still with his finger up his jacksie! I heard something on the Hillsborough documentary last night, Kenny Dalglish was commenting on his players and said, "Yes, they were talented, but they had desire and worked their socks off." Therein lies our problem, lots of talent but most of 'em don't want to roll their sleeves up, that can be said of 90% of our squad. Like I have said many times this season, you can have all the talent in the world but if you can't be arsed in working hard you'll fall by the wayside. Too many of our fans think you can only have one (hard work or talent) when in reality to get anywhere they go hand in hand if you want to achieve anything.

Edited by oafcprozac

No surprise really hasn't exactly pulled up any trees during his loan spell.

If Mr Kabba was a tree I think he would be a Sycamore (Latin name - Sickofmoreloanees)

http://www.british-trees.com/treeguide/sycamores/

"A tree of contradictory perceptions; once loved as a shade tree it now bears the scorn of some countryside organisations that see it as a 'weed' which needs to be removed."

I heard something on the Hillsborough documentary last night, Kenny Dalglish was commenting on his players and said, "Yes, they were talented, but they had desire and worked their socks off." Therein lies our problem, lots of talent but most of 'em don't want to roll their sleeves up, that can be said of 90% of our squad. Like I have said many times this season, you can have all the talent in the world but if you can't be arsed in working hard you'll fall by the wayside. Too many of our fans think you can only have one (hard work or talent) when in reality to get anywhere they go hand in hand if you want to achieve anything.

Wnen you think that this was supposed to be one in which the players were going to 'do it for Ernie', he would be sharing our total despair at the pathetic showing by most of our players.

The laziest, disinterested pile of :censored: I have seen in a long time. I lost count of the amount of times he was a couple of yards from the ball but couldn't be bothered and just stood still with his finger up his jacksie! I heard something on the Hillsborough documentary last night, Kenny Dalglish was commenting on his players and said, "Yes, they were talented, but they had desire and worked their socks off." Therein lies our problem, lots of talent but most of 'em don't want to roll their sleeves up, that can be said of 90% of our squad. Like I have said many times this season, you can have all the talent in the world but if you can't be arsed in working hard you'll fall by the wayside. Too many of our fans think you can only have one (hard work or talent) when in reality to get anywhere they go hand in hand if you want to achieve anything.

Funnily enough that is what my summary of Byfield would have been

Wnen you think that this was supposed to be one in which the players were going to 'do it for Ernie', he would be sharing our total despair at the pathetic showing by most of our players.

In reality that sentiment was more from the fans and perhaps some of the coaches and hierachy within the club, the vast majority of our squad didn't know Ernie - our longest serving player is Stefan Stam who only arrived in February 2005, 5 months after ernie moved on to Rochdale. Unfortunately the squad had no real affiliation with Ernie and despite their obvious sadness at his passing it certainly didn't spur them on. Personally hearing of a 28 year old footballer who had died prematurely would see me take a long hard look at myself and ensure I went out every week with the desire to be and achieve everything I could be. Our lot need to take a long hard look at themselves.

In reality that sentiment was more from the fans and perhaps some of the coaches and hierachy within the club, the vast majority of our squad didn't know Ernie - our longest serving player is Stefan Stam who only arrived in February 2005, 5 months after ernie moved on to Rochdale.

Stefan Stam and his wife were at Ernie's funeral.

Cost Shez his job, plain and simple

Certainly his loyalty to said loanees over his own players was at times incredible. Then when the loans went back he expected the players he'd overlooked to instantly step in and be loyal to him. They'd not even had a reserve side to maintain a level of fitness.

Saves the club some money before the end of the season...

Will it save us money? Why would Watford agree to start paying his full wages again when there was an agreement in place that the loan was until the end of the season. After all he cant even play for them.

My sentiments entirely