Next seasons targets

Is this a thread about people that we would like to sign, or one about people that we could sign? I only ask because out of the people listed thus far there are hardly any that are realistic I'd have said.

If Danny Graham is available then he'd be an excellent signing, but apart from that then I think anyone pinning their hopes on big transfer activity is watching pigs flying up to eat those pies in the sky...

I would have thought that IF Joe stays he'll be looking at the loan market and free transfers, because everything that we are hearing seems to point to a slashed budget next year I'd have thought. Quite rightly so too - there's a global recession on and I for one don't want to see the club gambling on success as we have done in the recent past. Look to the young lads we have to grow into a team capable of playing their way out of this league. The cheapest way to do that is to get a decent striker like DG and attack down the flanks to put balls in the box consistantly, because we already have a couple of guys who have quality who can play out there. Taylor has to be a creative spark for us, we need more from him and hopefully if he continues to work on his game then we'll get it - and if we did then there's no reason we can't set ourselves high targets for the season.

We should also wake up and realise that we were spoilt by having guys with the quality of Kilkenny and Wellens; we won't get that sort of class again anytime soon without paying good money... Although that said I'd be keen to see what Lee can do given a few games on the bounce.

I dont think we'd get Graham (wages)

Ibhere isn't a bad shout, not going to set the world alight, but with the right partner could be dangerous.

Kennedy from Darlington in Midfield would be a good signing too IMO.

Fleetwood found his level at conference, he's been pish everywhere else, no thanks!

Well after seeing him in 3 games very recently where he got 3 goals which were all sublime finishes I can guarentee that if Charlton use him correctly (or if anyone else in League One picks him up) he'll get 10-15 goals at this level next year no problem, definitely out of our price range and probably won't move north.

To the other guy who said Moxey, he'll either stay at Exeter or move for stupid money which again is well out of our price range, as he is happy there and they don't need to sell (Source: my dad who knows his dad. ^_^ ).

not just cos of Macca, but 2 decent players, big and have done the business consistently over the past few seasons.

Aberdeen:

CB Alex Diamond 6ft 3 25yrs

ST Lee Miller 6ft 2 28yrs 15-20 goals a season.

Miller definately out of contract, think diamond may be as well.

not just cos of Macca, but 2 decent players, big and have done the business consistently over the past few seasons.

Aberdeen:

Would have thought miller would be definitely out of our price range?

If I could be arsed I'd prove I've been suggesting moving for Demetriou for the last couple of years!

One year ago today!

Jason Demetriou (Orient) and Kelvin Wilson (Forest) have been the two players that I've seen this year that have impressed me most, especially the latter's performance at the City Ground.

I'd like to see the following if possible

Supple - Season long loan to fight with Fleming for the no1 spot

Dan Jones - Season loan again

Peter Clarke - Rumour he wants to move back north and has rejected the chance of talk over a new deal

Morongo Gomis - Seen this lad play a few times now at Dundee United, good left winger with bags of pace and can actually cross with his left foot

Matt Holland - Good solid midfielder, Good range of passing so could unlock a defence when needed

Akinfenwa - Big fat power house of a striker just what we need can score goals to

Billy Clarke - Little nippy Striker to play of a big man

So going of my budget my team would be

gk - Fleming

Rb - Eards Cb Clarke cb Hazell Lb Jones

Rw - Taylor Cm Holland cm Lee Lw Gomis

Str - Clarke

Str - Akinfenwa

I must say I find it odd that for all the talk of having the right mentality and unity in the dressing room, people want Bayo Akinfenwa in.

Good player yes, but has a bit of a reputation as a troublesome individual.

I must say I find it odd that for all the talk of having the right mentality and unity in the dressing room, people want Bayo Akinfenwa in.

Good player yes, but has a bit of a reputation as a troublesome individual.

Quite on the contrary, I heard that he was a :censored:ing nutjob.

Now get back to work, styudent, or you'll be stuck in the Midlands thinking of what could have been :wink:

Aberdeen:

2 more from North of the border, who; i think are out of contract & i've seen them play & rate for our level (granted they were TV games; not live games)

Patrick Cregg @ Falkirk - U21 Eire international CM, not the biggest but a tough tackler who is a box to box CM. Not finished article, if he was we wouldn't get, but something to work with.

Doorman @St Mirren. Wide right midfielder, good on the ball & chips in with goals.

On an old thread about our scouting; i threw in 2 names from a some more games i've watched on sky - 2 young lads from the League of Ireland.

Robbie Garratt - Glentoran. Ex Stoke youngster. CM. Snapper / tough tackler but with ability on the ball. Takes all the set pieces for the NI U21's as well as his club side.

Martin Donnelly - Linfield. Ex Sheff Utd youngster. Genuine LW. Pacey as you like & a box of tricks. Good delivery. Only problem is his height i feel; 5ft4 & bit lightweight - again, lots to be worked with but has raw talent IMO.

Tommy Rowe (Stockport)

Thoughts?????

Incidentally he has the most awkward corner taking technique I have ever seen. I could do better.....but then Andy Barlow did once tell me I was probably the best corner taker he had seen outside the pro game. :tongue1:

Showing off as an anonymous user on a messageboard hey? Sheesh.... :blush:

2 more from North of the border, who; i think are out of contract & i've seen them play & rate for our level (granted they were TV games; not live games)

Patrick Cregg @ Falkirk - U21 Eire international CM, not the biggest but a tough tackler who is a box to box CM. Not finished article, if he was we wouldn't get, but something to work with.

Doorman @St Mirren. Wide right midfielder, good on the ball & chips in with goals.

Dorman is being linked with a £700,000 move to Rangers - and has been watched by Walter Smith - so I think he's a little out of our league.

Cregg's been angling for a move to Celtic, although their fans think he's not quite the finished article yet.

Dorman is being linked with a £700,000 move to Rangers - and has been watched by Walter Smith - so I think he's a little out of our league.

Cregg's been angling for a move to Celtic, although their fans think he's not quite the finished article yet.

Easy - we offer £10, a bag of crisps & all our team bar Taylor...that should get us up to at least £10.58; so only another £699,989.42 till Dorman is ours. Job done!!!!