Sorry if this has already been posted or is common knowledge, but I've just seen that the Press Association are reporting that Joe's leaving next week.

well those boys were going to find out sooner rather than later ! Wonder if it will be in the MEN tomorrow, Chronicle next week?

This is what's going out on the PA newswire...

Joe Royle is quitting as Oldham boss next week after a brief nine game spell at the League One outfit.

The veteran boss held talks over extending his stay but the two parties have decided to go their separate ways.

Royle rejoined Oldham for a second stint in March with high hopes of guiding them into the play-offs.

But has he failed to win any of his eight matches in charge and his final game will be Saturday’s clash with Walsall.

In his time at the club Royle has made huge cost savings with Lee Hughes being sent out on loan to Blackpool and Steve Kabba and Andy Liddell also being moved on.

We'll have to wait and see what happens this week. Joe said a decision would be made one way or the other this week. With the awards dinner tomorrow? I think there could be an announcement before then. Be a bit tricky saying nothing about it all night.

If he is to go then I hope he can sign off with a victory.

http://twitter.com/OWTB/status/1557421251

as some latics fans start 2 leave brighton, word is that royle will not be at latics next season

4:00 AM Apr 19th from web

http://twitter.com/OWTB/status/1582809826

As Tweeted by OWTB in Brighton, we said that Royle will not be at Latics next season, I think that we had better say bye-bye this Saturday..11:56 PM Apr 21st from web

How about posting us a link of some sort?

I work in a newsroom. The newswires like Mercury etc, aren't online. They're only on newsdesk computers so apologies but I can't post a link. I did post a cut-and-paste from the Mercury newswire that was forwarded to me by a colleague on the newsdesk - that's about as much as I can do. I've seen the report on his computer screen too, so he wasn't winding me up.

I work in a newsroom. The newswires like Mercury etc, aren't online. They're only on newsdesk computers so apologies but I can't post a link. I did post a cut-and-paste from the Mercury newswire that was forwarded to me by a colleague on the newsdesk - that's about as much as I can do. I've seen the report on his computer screen too, so he wasn't winding me up.

I reckon its a re hash and 2+5 from the Joe comment about uncertain future and even he would think twice about rectuiting him.