Bollocks I am gutted with the whole sad state of affairs at the club at the moment! :(

1/ Rumours of the TTA's desire to sell the club. Therefore, no ambition unless the club is sold!

2/ Reduced budget for next season unless there is a change in ownership!

3/ Players whom, in the main, do not seen to give a toss about the club!

4/ Three sided stadium!

5/ No hope for my beloved oldham!

Oh well the only is up I guess. Unless of course we are relegated to league 2 next season.

Keep the faith (I will try)

I have to say its not the worst news I have heard.

The current state of the team and rumoured lack of budget next year means that there are probably tough times ahead on the pitch. Add to that the recession and stadium which will hit attendances meaning a lack of atmosphere at the ground. Finally there is the internet forum malaise that effects football today where virtual pitch-fork brandishing mobs hound and criticise managers the nth degree.

I don't want to see Joe Royle suffer the indignity of going through that at BP - I want my memories of Joe to be leading Latics out on to the turf at Wembley / Celebrating the Great Escape etc etc.

He came back, its not worked out so far on the pitch, and whilst its not long enough to tarnish his reputation here, it is long enough to not have seen almost any difference. He moves on andwe remember him for what he did.

Someone else can put up with the unrealistic expections and sniping of a messageboard mob mentality.

Thanks Joe.

I have to say its not the worst news I have heard.

The current state of the team and rumoured lack of budget next year means that there are probably tough times ahead on the pitch. Add to that the recession and stadium which will hit attendances meaning a lack of atmosphere at the ground. Finally there is the internet forum malaise that effects football today where virtual pitch-fork brandishing mobs hound and criticise managers the nth degree.

I don't want to see Joe Royle suffer the indignity of going through that at BP - I want my memories of Joe to be leading Latics out on to the turf at Wembley / Celebrating the Great Escape etc etc.

He came back, its not worked out so far on the pitch, and whilst its not long enough to tarnish his reputation here, it is long enough to not have seen almost any difference. He moves on andwe remember him for what he did.

Someone else can put up with the unrealistic expections and sniping of a messageboard mob mentality.

Thanks Joe.

I concur, amongst many others I suspect.

at the moment its all hearsay and gossip and not "news"....

don't panick Mr Mannering.....

lets get the facts first with regards to:

a manager

Players - who stays/goes and what we can afford

our budget

owners

Ye gods this site can dive you nuts...I am thinking short term - sunshine on Sat and a win at Walsall please.

Pretty please even....

Same here.

You're all bloody lying.

If you were past caring why the hell would you be on here waiting for news/views of the club. You wouldn't.

Face it, you all care still. You all still love the club and want to know what is happening/going to happen.

(NB. And the manager therefore)

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I'm with you senor

Well I'm not!!

I love this club!! It really bothers me to hear fans saying they're not fussed with what's happening at the moment.

Our club is in the gutter. By the sounds of it our owners are looking to leave, we don't have a perminent manager and now our own fans are past caring.

I think we all need to take stock.

Things ARE bad at the moment both on and off the pitch.

I'm past caring tbh.

I'm not.

Will be buying the season tickets again next season, for the 19th straight season (got my first one after the pinhc me season - not getting in for a game never seemed a possibilty before then).

Over that last 19 years I have sat through some dire times on and off the pitch, but Latics is in the blood and I will not stop going. I'll admit the last 12 games have been hard and my enthusism is low at the moment.

But a new manager, a couple of new players, a new fixture list etc. and I will be looking forward to the first game as much as ever.

If you were past caring why the hell would you be on here

I work on the site.

For the record I stated just after Christmas that we'd finish 10th and only win 5 more games in our last 17 matches. We haven't even matched that yet, and we may still slip to 14th for Pete's sake. I also said that maybe last season was better than this one - well it certainly is now. I don't like saying all this y'know, I think it's a bloody shame that this season has fell to bits - who's responsible? There's probably no one definitive answer to that, it's more likely to be a culmination of many factors - starting with the unbelievable desmantling of our then potent and plentyful strikeforce around December, and the rest is history.

I don't care about this season to be frank, and the sooner it's August the bloody better - for me - for you - and for Latics.

You're all bloody lying.

If you were past caring why the hell would you be on here waiting for news/views of the club. You wouldn't.

Face it, you all care still. You all still love the club and want to know what is happening/going to happen.

(NB. And the manager therefore)

I would disagree. I am past caring yet am on here. I'm not just past caring for this season but have lost lots of motivation for next. I need a break from football as I have no hunger anymore. For most of this season I have attended out of duty and not out of desire or enjoyment. The couple of hours I spend in the pub with the OASIS lads before games and after are the highlight of a day watching Latics. It's a good reason to go to the game and is less so these days about a love for the club. For the first time in 20 years I am highly unlikely to renew my Season Ticket despite living 200 miles away for the last two years. It's not a good state of affairs.

There's my initial rant about why I am past caring for the time being. I am still here though, looking at the news out of a long standing affection for this club. I am definitely past caring about the will he wont he rumour mungering about Royle though. One day he is signing, the next he isnt. He is one of the main reason I support Latics. I was only small when he was first in charge. However, I dont think he should be our manager anymore. I also dont care what the rumour mill says. We will find out in good time. These "exclusives" are dull. They may be correct, they may not be. Frankly we will know when the club and he think it is right to make and announce the decision.

I'm not.

Will be buying the season tickets again next season, for the 19th straight season (got my first one after the pinhc me season - not getting in for a game never seemed a possibilty before then).

Over that last 19 years I have sat through some dire times on and off the pitch, but Latics is in the blood and I will not stop going. I'll admit the last 12 games have been hard and my enthusism is low at the moment.

But a new manager, a couple of new players, a new fixture list etc. and I will be looking forward to the first game as much as ever.

The roller-coaster is hanging off the rails at the moment but by July it will be up and running again, with plenty of ups and downs guaranteed. Watch out New Mills!

Bollocks I am gutted with the whole sad state of affairs at the club at the moment! :(

1/ Rumours of the TTA's desire to sell the club. Therefore, no ambition unless the club is sold!

Ignore them, they are rumours without any credible foundation. I trust TTA, as far as they're concerned their plans for taking the club forward are not dead, just delayed. And if they do sell, it will only be to someone who can take the club further than they can.

2/ Reduced budget for next season unless there is a change in ownership!

Sadly inevitable, but I expect alot of clubs in League One will be operating on reduced budgets too.

3/ Players whom, in the main, do not seen to give a toss about the club!

A few maybe, who won't be here next season.

4/ Three sided stadium!

See 1/, be patient.

5/ No hope for my beloved oldham!

Despair I could deal with, it's the hope that gets you in the end... :blink:

Oh well the only is up I guess. Unless of course we are relegated to league 2 next season.

Keep the faith (I will try)

Edited by garcon

I would disagree. I am past caring yet am on here. I'm not just past caring for this season but have lost lots of motivation for next. I need a break from football as I have no hunger anymore. For most of this season I have attended out of duty and not out of desire or enjoyment. The couple of hours I spend in the pub with the OASIS lads before games and after are the highlight of a day watching Latics. It's a good reason to go to the game and is less so these days about a love for the club. For the first time in 20 years I am highly unlikely to renew my Season Ticket despite living 200 miles away for the last two years. It's not a good state of affairs.

There's my initial rant about why I am past caring for the time being. I am still here though, looking at the news out of a long standing affection for this club. I am definitely past caring about the will he wont he rumour mungering about Royle though. One day he is signing, the next he isnt. He is one of the main reason I support Latics. I was only small when he was first in charge. However, I dont think he should be our manager anymore. I also dont care what the rumour mill says. We will find out in good time. These "exclusives" are dull. They may be correct, they may not be. Frankly we will know when the club and he think it is right to make and announce the decision.

Well said mate.

I dont really care anymore doesnt mean I no longer have interest in the club.

One of the main reasons I dont care anymore is the ridiculous revolving door we have in regards to managers at BP. So Joe is leaving, a new man comes in does ok for a bit, gets 2 or 3 year contract, results drop off for a bit, hes rubbish, time for the next man. Honestly how long is this next guy going to get?

Well said mate.

One of the main reasons I dont care anymore is the ridiculous revolving door we have in regards to managers at BP. So Joe is leaving, a new man comes in does ok for a bit, gets 2 or 3 year contract, results drop off for a bit, hes rubbish, time for the next man. Honestly how long is this next guy going to get?

As long as the people paying his salary feel he deserves? Or am I being ridiculous?

As long as the people paying his salary feel he deserves? Or am I being ridiculous?

depends how much the people paying the managers salary knows about whats going on behind the scenes, thats why I'm not sure our fans would take to Jim Gannon, if he's going to improve things it's going to take more than the amount of time the last 2 managers have had at the club, especially the way things are atm. Not that we'd get Gannon

Edited by Tommy_Fent

One of the main reasons I don't care anymore is the ridiculous revolving door we have in regards to managers at BP. So Joe is leaving, a new man comes in does ok for a bit, gets 2 or 3 year contract, results drop off for a bit, he's rubbish, time for the next man. Honestly how long is this next guy going to get?

Although I disagree with the 'I am not an Oldham fan anymore' attitude of this thread, when people obviously are, that statement rings truer than a true ringy thing.

2 or 3 year contract?

Well said mate.

If the mob have their way then 3 games?