All the new kits for next season....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never. It was a short lived Bates introduction. It has a miniscule place in Oldham kit history.

To many teams play in a similar all blue strip, it needs something to identify Latics, the tangerine kit did, as did the 1960s broad blue and white stripes.

e.g. Blackburn Rovers have hardly ever changed their design.

Let's have a kit that that can be associated with the club and not a clone of others.

To many teams play in a similar all blue strip, it needs something to identify Latics, the tangerine kit did, as did the 1960s broad blue and white stripes.

Let's have a kit that that can be associated with the club and not a clone of others.

Quite. The broad blue and white stripes were Latics from shortly after we came into the League. That is tradition not tangerine home shirts.

Edited by LaticsPete

Yes, because no one plays in tangerine.

I'd like it as our away strip again, but the home strip should never go away from blue.

Previous Home Kits

My fav latics shirt of all time was the one we had for 1995/1996.

Agree our home shirt has to be blue, but really dislike the home shirt at the mo for numerous reasons

- looks v v cheap and tacky

- exactly the same design as a few other clubs who also have cabrini as sponsors

- the design has barely changed since 2005.

Whilst obv still blue and white, I would love to see something a bit different for the next home shirt.

If we were going retro I would suggest the blue shirt/white sleeves design from 57-60, or something new altogether.

And am I the only poster who thinks the last 'tangerine' away kit looked more like friggin peach?????

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Quite. The broad blue and white stripes were Latics from shortly after we came into the League. That is tradition not tangerine home shirts.

As we had in the early 2000's....

I'd like us to settle on a Latics away colour instead of changing it every season. As per our club crest I'd like that to be white or red. :curtains:

No 'tangerine' for me - there's a good reason for it being fairly original. :wink:

Yep I agree - either the 56-57 version or the 57- 59 version for me - cracking retro stuff :grin:

Yep I agree - either the 56-57 version or the 57- 59 version for me - cracking retro stuff :grin:

I think these suggestions by arnold (see burgundy thread), blue for home and burgundy for away are brilliant.

football_shirt_9213_1_276x400.jpg

football_shirt_9213_1_276x400a.jpg

Edited by BP1960