• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both nice

but dont think it would work, would clash with teams who play in all white

football_shirt_9213_1_276x400.jpg

football_shirt_9213_1_276x400a.jpg

With blue or burgundy shorts and socks that shouldn't be a problem

We could also have a stand by all electric orange kit :)

Edited by BP1960

I think these suggestions by arnold (see burgundy thread), blue for home and burgundy for away are brilliant.

football_shirt_9213_1_276x400.jpg

football_shirt_9213_1_276x400a.jpg

I would like to see these with the white and colour swapped - i.e a blue or burgundy central stripe with blue or burgundy sleeves :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

I would like to see these with the white and colour swapped - i.e a blue or burgundy central stripe with blue or burgundy sleeves :wink:

Agreed. The home one (blue) would be like the traditional Latics shirt worn by the likes of Jimmy Frizzell etc. If we had white with a central red stripe as an away kit we would look like Ajax. Excellent!!

i dont mind retro styles but...theres two things i hate in footy shirts that i hope we dont do...

the collars found on the new england kit....yuk, if i wanted to wear a collar, i'd put a polo shirt on

and what chelsea av done...zips (also laces) footballers too delicate to catch their hair puttin it over their head these days?

Id like a predominant blue kit at home, with logo and sponsor level on either side, none of this ctr emblem stuff (liverpools new away) cos the adidas looks like its just bin slapped anywhere.

anyone else like the green pony away kit we had 97-97 season? that style with a round neck...that'd get my vote :D

heres a link to a site with pics of all latics tops for a loooooong time!

latics shirt history pictures

Id like a predominant blue kit at home, with logo and sponsor level on either side, none of this ctr emblem stuff (liverpools new away) cos the adidas looks like its just bin slapped anywhere.

heres a link to a site with pics of all latics tops for a loooooong time!

latics shirt history pictures

Latics traditionally played in blue and white. That was one of the distinct parts of our identity - see the old shirts. Predom blue means we look like plastic Chelsea.

Stoke City away...

http://is.gd/y0Tn

any shouts for the bolton shirt from 1884

Pretty appropriate for a certain Mr Budtz

Do,do,dodododo,do,do,doooodo

:clown:

On a serious note, if we were going to go retro, my personal choice would be similar design to 57-59, although for next home kit, although would prefer a completely new design, that is notably different to the one we have now (i think they have been v v v samey since 2005)

any shouts for the bolton shirt from 1884

Pretty appropriate for a certain Mr Budtz

Do,do,dodododo,do,do,doooodo

:clown:

On a serious note, if we were going to go retro, my personal choice would be similar design to 57-59, although for next home kit, although would prefer a completely new design, that is notably different to the one we have now (i think they have been v v v samey since 2005)

I want leather belts on the shorts like the Bolton 1885-86, we could make it our trademark :lol:

Latics traditionally played in blue and white. That was one of the distinct parts of our identity - see the old shirts. Predom blue means we look like plastic Chelsea.

i know, i think you've mis interpreted what i wrote, i mean 'predominantly' as in more blue than any other colour...not all blue