New Kit 09/10

Latics_Fanatic

New Kit  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is really the new home kit?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like this kit?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet...

:lol:

If not Alan Hardy is buying a load of white t-shirts from Topman (2 for £10)... and the youth team are getting out thier crayons!!!

Thats a tad rich for Alan dont ya think?

Matalan on the other hand!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to those who have said they like this strip....but the inclusion of yellow has no justification and no basis in anything to do with Latics.

I don't think this is a real proposed shirt but indications that it would be acceptable could lead to something like it being put forward next season.

:blink:

Its tangerine matey!

... I really like it... but as you say, it aint real, so theres naff all chance of it happenin...

:blink:

Its tangerine matey!

... I really like it... but as you say, it aint real, so theres naff all chance of it happenin...

If you say so.... :)

Even so our historic colours are blue and white!

ACtually technically our historic colours are red and white stripes, from 1895 to 1907.

Even then it is stripes.

Historical kits

I know that!! I contributed to that site . But that's like saying Manchester United are green and yellow, or Newcastle are red & white .

The point is that for the overwhelming majority of our history it has been blue and white!!

im not sure about how real the first one is, but i quite like the design, as long as the colour was a decent tangerine and not the slightly naff one that appears on the screen... As for the second one, im not a massive fan of black shirts (i see them more as a referee/goalkeeper shirt myself) but thats not a bad design at all, better than the black & grey effort from a few years ago!

Three%20kits.jpg

would expect any new shirt this season to follow this design (with different colours)

It looks to me as though the bloke on the right has a backside that likes to suck up shorts........ :grin:

id be happy with a new home kit as im not a fan of the current one, this design on here's not bad but not sure about the yellow band going on. it would look like cardiff were on our pitch!

:shock:

Edited by PineVillain

Gold? Yellow?

For me (and at least one other poster on this thread) it seems obvious that it supposed to be tangerine and not gold / yellow. The tangerine away kit was popular, and incorporating this into the home kit would not be a bad idea if it wasn't for the fact that we would scrap the idea in 2 years time.

If we made a decision to make a change (sublte like a bit of tangerine) or major (the red and blue hoops) for our kit and stuck with it for the duration (i.e. forever or at least 10 years+) it might help give the club an identity.

Intead we flip flop around. White shorts / blue shorts. White Socks / Blue Socks. All Blue / Blue with white bits/ Blue with red and white bits etc etc.

Gold? Yellow?

For me (and at least one other poster on this thread) it seems obvious that it supposed to be tangerine and not gold / yellow. The tangerine away kit was popular, and incorporating this into the home kit would not be a bad idea if it wasn't for the fact that we would scrap the idea in 2 years time.

If we made a decision to make a change (sublte like a bit of tangerine) or major (the red and blue hoops) for our kit and stuck with it for the duration (i.e. forever or at least 10 years+) it might help give the club an identity.

Intead we flip flop around. White shorts / blue shorts. White Socks / Blue Socks. All Blue / Blue with white bits/ Blue with red and white bits etc etc.

We had an identity until Master Bates came along and put us in tangerine, That lasted for a max of four years yet people on here go on as if it was a big part of our history. As I, and several others, have said the solution is easy. Return to either a variation on that which we wore for the majority of the time since we came in the league in 1907 - the "thirds" broad stripes - or the 1958-60 shirts , blue body, white sleeves.

Edited by LaticsPete

We had an identity until Master Bates came along and put us in tangerine, That lasted for a max of four years yet people on here go on as if it was a big part of our history. As I, and several others, have said the solution is easy. Return to either a variation on that which we wore for the majority of the time since we came in the league in 1907 - the "thirds" broad stripes - or the 1958-60 shirts , blue body, white sleeves.

Have to disagree with the text in bold.

Look at the Arsenal page on the historic web page linked earlier in this thread. Since the 30s with one exception they have had an idenity.

In comparison we do not. Its predominantly blue, but that is about it.

But we have had combinations of blue/white socks and blue/white shorts. White piping, red piping, combinations of the two etc. And there is just isn't an identity the same as other clubs have.

Tangerine and Blue whilst a short perod of time, was a unique kit that could be 'our identity'. Predominantly blue, would maintain history and the limited 'identity' we have, but give us something unique. But we need to pick shorts / socks colours and stick to them. Get a basic design and stick to it - forever.

Tanergine and blue is popular - as the last away kit proved - and could be altered slightly as Arsenal have every few years but still keep the basic premise.

Otherwise, go for a blue one. But again. Pick a combination of shorts, socks and top colour and stick to them.

I like the idea of a blue / tangerine (but with Blue the main colour) top, with white shors and blue socks.

Look at the Arsenal page on the historic web page linked earlier in this thread. Since the 30s with one exception they have had an idenity.

But we have had combinations of blue/white socks and blue/white shorts. White piping, red piping, combinations of the two etc. And there is just isn't an identity the same as other clubs have.

Tangerine and Blue whilst a short perod of time, was a unique kit that could be 'our identity'. Predominantly blue, would maintain history and the limited 'identity' we have, but give us something unique. But we need to pick shorts / socks colours and stick to them. Get a basic design and stick to it - forever.

Tanergine and blue is popular - as the last away kit proved - and could be altered slightly as Arsenal have every few years but still keep the basic premise.

Otherwise, go for a blue one. But again. Pick a combination of shorts, socks and top colour and stick to them.

I like the idea of a blue / tangerine (but with Blue the main colour) top, with white shors and blue socks.

i agree, hit the nail on the head for me

For whatever reason you have largely misunderstood/misrepresented my post. How can you disagree with the bits in bold - i.e from 1907 until Bates we had a distinct "thirds" shirt (apart from a couple of years post-war)? . Not that different from the Arsenal distinction .

Going back to that - and keeping to it with only slight variations , as you suggest - would be rooted in real history, not in the passing whim of a transient chairman who had no long term interest in the club.

Tangerine would be great as a change strip - it was used in the 50s and 60s. But to have it as a core element of the club's first choice would be change for the sake of it.

I agree with others on here I'd like it if it was Tangerine rather than Gold, when I've been to Piccadilly station after a home game when I've had my Blue and Tangerine scarf people know which team I support, I say more Blue and Tangerine less of the same colours as everyone else

This Is The New Kit Design For Next Season :) It Seems Abit Ruffled Round The Edges But Is Only An Artists Impressions I Guess

HomeTangBlue.png

Very nice indeed. Like the tangerine trim and if we reverted to the tangerine away kit with , say blue trim and blue shorts I would be very pleased