Stam's no show

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

='259972']

The club hasn't really been very good any communicating anything to the fans since xmas has it?[/b]

Hopefully the cloud of unknown will raise with the new season and manager!

Tosh. it has explained a lot, kept us in the picture on things that can be publicly talked about - even if at times we didn't like what was said.

Agree with LaticsPete:

A mistake was made. The world didn't end. A full apology has been made and accepted.

Doesn't shed the best light on our club, but cock-ups can always happen. The club has accepted (most of the) responsibility. I do feel sorry for Stam that the BBC/SSN are carrying the story implying a lack of professionalism on his part (but I don't entirely blame them for not verifying or editing them; out of a thousand football stories, this one's low on their list of priorities).

Stu has made it clear in the apology article that it wasn't his fault.

I don't think he's having a go at Stu. I'm sure there'll be words but nothing more than that. Again though the club is made to look foolish. The message not communicated well but surely whoever wrote it must have known it could cause offence.

Happy the club have acted quickly what thankfully was a misunderstanding.

Guest FyldeBlue
Shouldn't official website comments be cleared by the club secretary before they appear to save any embarrassment ?

Like any website, only certain named people have access or the authority to post, alter or amend any website articles, so the question is - who could have done such a thing ?... and even worse get away with it by posting this pathetic excuse, if you read all that has been written on this - yes "all".... there are still quite a few questions that remain unanswered.

The first question was, if supposed arrangements had been made for Stefan Stam to come to Boundary Park and offered new terms as stated this week, why on earth should he have been treated differently than the players who were told they would not be getting new contracts ?...

Stefam Stam was included in the players who were offered new contracts under different conditions - i.e. Matty Wolfenden and Mark Allott, he was not one of the players down to leave the club.

You have the c laims made on OWTB from a number of members who personally know Stefam, most claim that he is one of the "good guys" at our club and the evidence points to the club making yet another cock-up !

All absolutely brilliant when the some of the bridges have just been rebuilt....a few others have been knocked down again, oh the joy of being a fan of Oldham Athletic..... nothing ever changes.

Not really...

But if you mention how :censored:e the internal workings of the club seem to be you get shot down...

We only hear about things when they go wrong it appears. Let's ignore the 99.9% of stuff that goes without a hitch....

hes gone, the club apologised its over.

why do people on this board go overboard about trivial things like this..it was a mistake

if gregan was going then stam was going........think we all new that about 4 months ago when he was told he could go on loan?

thanks stammy for your service over the last few years and i hope you get fixed up and dont worry about the website story, the members of owtbs are on a witch hunt, someone will pay for this

just a thought, if stam new his contract was up and a new boss was in who more than likely would want to meet and discuss things with players after the season why did he organise to leave the country? common sense would say stay here to see if it can be sorted, think he may have wanted a change anyway....good luck stammy