Stam's no show

I certainly think Stefan was released for footballing reasons, and not because he didn't turn up to the meeting.

That may be the case but the issue here is them making Stam look like a :censored:

Of course it's possible that what he has told Bob isn't true, or even that some fool at the club told Stefan this without instruction from TTA/Penney.....all possibities seems as unlikely as each other!

Hopefully when the Latics staff see this thread tomorrow they will sort it out, somehow.

:ranting:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis very dissapointing and I retract my comments in another thread about stefan being unprofessional about not turning up.

If this is true, its very poor on the club's part and very underhand.

Edited by ste1987

Who cares about him , jesus the way some are carrying on i must have missed his week in week out solid performances 100 games in 5 years.....Technically 20 games a season???.... fook me he was nearly part time....

Who cares about him , jesus the way some are carrying on i must have missed his week in week out solid performances 100 games in 5 years.....Technically 20 games a season???.... fook me he was nearly part time....

So he was a crock. Hardly reason to make him look like an unprofessional cnut.

It's even on BBC site now. A bit pathetic of the club IMO.

It really leaves a sour taste as this will have an impact on his image when looking for other clubs, I mean you've seen how our goons over analyse every comment/article.

If what Bob's facebook says is true, then it'd be good of the club to issue an apology to Stefan.

Just realised the irony in my statement :D

Edited by Gentleman

Who cares about him

The people who recognise a good pro when they see one. By all accounts Stefan Stam was well liked by players and fans alike, and it's no coincidence that most of our meaner defensive performances over the past 4 or 5 years have come when he's had a sustained run in the side.

He's been incredibly unlucky with injuries; had he stayed fit, I honestly think we could've been looking at a player worthy of exalted status.

To add to this debate, I have it from a very good source that the reason the club released the player was because Dave Penney had not seen SS play, not because he didnt go to the meeting.

Frustrating that a superb professional was released.

Sat with him at the awards Dinner,he definately wanted to stay and if not at Latics definately wanted to stay in the UK.

He lives in Prestwich,perhaps Bury or the dale may take him on?

To add to this debate, I have it from a very good source that the reason the club released the player was because Dave Penney had not seen SS play, not because he didnt go to the meeting.

Frustrating that a superb professional was released.

I doubt that's true - why not at least give him the opportunity Wolfenden has had?

If it is true then Penney has made two blunders in 3 days....

It's true but doubt away.

If so then our new manager is a clown. Obviously just wants his mates - his mate Gray is so confident of a job that he talks about it on the radio. Now he is releasing players he hasn't even seen play before allowing them to be made to look unprofessional on the website. What will the remaining player think of that? No man managment skills....

If so then our new manager is a clown. Obviously just wants his mates - his mate Gray is so confident of a job that he talks about it on the radio. Now he is releasing players he hasn't even seen play before allowing them to be made to look unprofessional on the website. What will the remaining player think of that? No man managment skills....

Well, I guess we have to be confident he has a few decent defenders lined up as we might be a little lite at the back next season.

Where does it say his agent was at BP? It says ''following talks with the players agent'' for all we know that could mean they spoke over the phone. Im not impressed with latics over the handling of this. Stefan comes across as an excellent pro and not for the first time the club feel the need to bad mouth a player who has left. Just say he has been released and good luck in the future, simple!!

Well the odds are that in any contract discussion, the agent would be at the club.

Plus Stefan's message to Bob said:

They told me I didn't have to come back for the meeting yesterday.

So a meeting was planned, but Stefan was told he didn't have to come...well who were they meeting then if it wasn't his agent?!

im neither a stam fan or a hater,he was pretty average in my opinion(obviously not shared by others,just me)never really got going but when he did play he lost concentration easily and was prone to dropping clangers,not a threat from set pieces,1 goal in 5 years....

so he has been released because hes not been seen play,obviously mr penny is going on joes dossier and dvd's he has wayched.

i thought he may have been offered a 12 month deal to see if he would improve,as i think he is decent back up or squad player,but not first team.

until it is either confirmed or denied you cant shoot anybody down,if the club are right,and stefan has just said this to make it look like he isnt the bad guy the truth will out.

like i have said about others being released...new regime new manager fresh start new ideas different style of play,clearing the decks to bring in better quality players....i wont argue with that.

So a meeting was planned, but Stefan was told he didn't have to come...well who were they meeting then if it wasn't his agent?!

Penney was probably meeting with mates to plot the public disgracing of Andy Ritchie.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Didn't take long did it? FFS, the players released are the same bottle merchants that have let us down (eventually) year after year. Stam's best run in the team is about 15 games before getting crocked - he had a great run at the start of 06/07 but unfortunately was crocked. even Thompson and a young kid called Trotman were preferred to him. I don't doubt his abilities as a defender but we never going to be able to build a team around him as he would barely get through 2/3 of a season.

Stop panicking it's the 14th May - 46 days until Pre-season starts.

If true, this is a terrible way to treat a player who has been a good servant for the club for 5 years. He has always said only good things about Latics and surely if wage demands can be met he'd be worth keeping on, if only as a squad member. Lets hope the club can clean up this mess and show the man some respect.

Didn't take long did it? FFS, the players released are the same bottle merchants that have let us down (eventually) year after year. Stam's best run in the team is about 15 games before getting crocked - he had a great run at the start of 06/07 but unfortunately was crocked. even Thompson and a young kid called Trotman were preferred to him. I don't doubt his abilities as a defender but we never going to be able to build a team around him as he would barely get through 2/3 of a season.

Stop panicking it's the 14th May - 46 days until Pre-season starts.

my thoughts exactly....

these players are the same ones who have been letting us down week in and week out,underachieving taking the money and not giving anything back,there have been so many discussions on here stating id get rid of them all,good riddance to bad rubbish etc etc etc...now somebody has come in and started to ship em all out everybody is up in arms about it...

bit of perspective needed i think,and a less childish attitude

Well the odds are that in any contract discussion, the agent would be at the club.

Plus Stefan's message to Bob said:

Maybe they were meeting Clyde Wijnhard and his agent?