Stam's no show

Didn't take long did it? FFS, the players released are the same bottle merchants that have let us down (eventually) year after year. Stam's best run in the team is about 15 games before getting crocked - he had a great run at the start of 06/07 but unfortunately was crocked. even Thompson and a young kid called Trotman were preferred to him. I don't doubt his abilities as a defender but we never going to be able to build a team around him as he would barely get through 2/3 of a season.

Stop panicking it's the 14th May - 46 days until Pre-season starts.

:whoosh:

my thoughts exactly....

these players are the same ones who have been letting us down week in and week out,underachieving taking the money and not giving anything back,there have been so many discussions on here stating id get rid of them all,good riddance to bad rubbish etc etc etc...now somebody has come in and started to ship em all out everybody is up in arms about it...

bit of perspective needed i think,and a less childish attitude

Oh the irony..... :lol:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always liked Stammy. Not the greatest player we'll ever see but a very honest, solid professional.

If the above reports are true it's very disappointing and Stammy deserves an apology.

Worst thing is, this stuff doesn't surprise me anymore.

All the best to Stefan, hope he gets sorted at a club sooner rather than later.

F***ing embarrassed to be a tic right now...

Stam is a good lad... Sat with us at the master games, countless home and away games... 110% every game...

If this is all true I think their should be an unreserved apology on the site in the morning...

trying to defend the club here a little

pheraps whoever wrote the article wasnt aware the club had told steffan not to bother going to the meeting

they have simply seen steffan wasnt there and reported this in a way that the player didnt give a toss

there is no official statement from tta or dave penney or alan hardy saying steffan was excused from attending and im hoping the reporter was miss informed and everyone concerned has got the wrong end of the stick

i would imagine with the club pleading for supporters to buy season tickets the last thing they would want right now is bad publicity

trying to defend the club here a little

pheraps whoever wrote the article wasnt aware the club had told steffan not to bother going to the meeting

they have simply seen steffan wasnt there and reported this in a way that the player didnt give a toss

there is no official statement from tta or dave penney or alan hardy saying steffan was excused from attending and im hoping the reporter was miss informed and everyone concerned has got the wrong end of the stick

i would imagine with the club pleading for supporters to buy season tickets the last thing they would want right now is bad publicity

Its all kind of besides the point...

If its on the official site then it IS an official statement from the club... If this is just a balls up then they should issue and apology and review their controls on what gets published...

Its all kind of besides the point...

If its on the official site then it IS an official statement from the club... If this is just a balls up then they should issue and apology and review their controls on what gets published...

Agreed.

I'm all for open communication, but whatever the truth the club's official web site comment was not needed.

I always thought it reasonable that a player's agent conducted these meetings on their client's behalf anyway.

The wording of the official site has been amended slightly during the day.

Edited by opinions4u

I have just had a reply off Stu Vose who wasnt happy that I was asking for my winnings after I said Millwall would beat Leeds :grin:

Stu has been away for a few days

Maybe someone was in a rush to type the article ??

He was probably also away when the 3 loads of sand were delivered to the training ground.

I have just had a reply off Stu Vose who wasnt happy that I was asking for my winnings after I said Millwall would beat Leeds :grin:

Stu has been away for a few days

Maybe someone was in a rush to type the article ??

Perhaps we have signed the "ghost writer" previously employed by Dean Fatarse! :grin:

To those who are wondering why we're so bothered about released players anyway:

One of the things I always liked about this club was the reputation it had for being friendly - a club that may be in the shadow of others but one that players wanted to play for. Yeah, sure, that may all have been PR rubbish. But if we're going to criticise the players for not putting the effort in, or for the letting the club down, it leaves a bad taste (as others have said) if it's true that the club doesn't treat its own employees well.

To those who are wondering why we're so bothered about released players anyway:

One of the things I always liked about this club was the reputation it had for being friendly - a club that may be in the shadow of others but one that players wanted to play for. Yeah, sure, that may all have been PR rubbish. But if we're going to criticise the players for not putting the effort in, or for the letting the club down, it leaves a bad taste (as others have said) if it's true that the club doesn't treat its own employees well.

The point exactly. It's now all over SSN / BBC, it's bound to come out that the club reported it all wrong and made an employee (be it one at the time) look bad.

Players / agents will pick up on this.

The point exactly. It's now all over SSN / BBC, it's bound to come out that the club reported it all wrong and made an employee (be it one at the time) look bad.

Players / agents will pick up on this.

I am suprised his agent was not asked for quote to refute it. Or indeed what his agent has done to correct it.

Mind you it cannot be assumed that the club has said it wrong, or that Stam is correct.

Presumably Stam has to ask for a reference of some sort (I know football is not the real world though, so who knows!) adn might not want tomake a fuss officially.

Hopefully it can be cleared up tidily with everyone happy.

At the end of the Day Stam is out of job at a tough time, so as Crusoe says how we handle it is important. Although, it would ahve been obvious to all concerend he was going to be released.