Yes wolfenden signs :S

I agree, some of the criticism of Wolfenden here is unjustified.

Season is only just over and its moan, moan, moan.

By the way, didn't Wolfenden come on as sub at Blackpool in playoffs? Thought he looked good. Didn't he score and have another disallowed?

All the team looked terrible in the play offs vs blackpool so anyone would have looked good,he cannot cut the mustard at this club or at this level its plain to see please do not try and justify him its like saying binladen is a good man :S

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the team looked terrible in the play offs vs blackpool so anyone would have looked good,he cannot cut the mustard at this club or at this level its plain to see please do not try and justify him its like saying binladen is a good man :S

All the team did not look terrible. It's just that Blackpool were far superior.

Its hardly like saying binladen is a good man is it. Thats just silly.

All the team did not look terrible. It's just that Blackpool were far superior.

Its hardly like saying binladen is a good man is it. Thats just silly.

blackpool was ok we turned up like we didnt want to win the game we was gash

He showed some great touches when he came on against Walsall .. showed a little of what he's capable of doing

oh yay 5 years on and he has a good touch listen he is 23 not 19 he isnt good for us so cut our losses use wages etc to get a better striker that we know can score goals wake up you loone balls.

He showed some great touches when he came on against Walsall .. showed a little of what he's capable of doing

I stand by my, 'He's a bit rubbish ' comment.

He's shown the odd good touch, but by golly, I would in SIX YEARS.

Waste of a wage. Get some young kids with potential paid with it, rather than an almost veterean with no potential.

I could understand people getting upset if we were paying Windass, Gregan, Hughes, Byfield, KAbba style wages for Wolfy, but he is on a short term contract.

It does not chuck a young kid on the scrap heap at a crucial times, gives a chance to prove himself when hardly anyone at the club will have seen him play. he has obviously bucked his ideas up in training.

It also backs up the club not being harsh.

If a short term contract goes to him and he realises in these economic times how lucky he is and pulls his finger our FOR OUR CLUB rather thans someone elses, why is everyone moaning about waste of a wage?

I could understand people getting upset if we were paying Windass, Gregan, Hughes, Byfield, KAbba style wages for Wolfy, but he is on a short term contract.

It does not chuck a young kid on the scrap heap at a crucial times, gives a chance to prove himself when hardly anyone at the club will have seen him play. he has obviously bucked his ideas up in training.

It also backs up the club not being harsh.

If a short term contract goes to him and he realises in these economic times how lucky he is and pulls his finger our FOR OUR CLUB rather thans someone elses, why is everyone moaning about waste of a wage?

:applause1:

I stand by my, 'He's a bit rubbish ' comment.

He's shown the odd good touch, but by golly, I would in SIX YEARS.

Waste of a wage. Get some young kids with potential paid with it, rather than an almost veterean with no potential.

Perfect that will get the clueless one's going :D

8 starts since 2003!! Most other players with such poor injury records would have been released years ago.

Threatening to close a thread down because some posters don't rate a player??

Guest sheridans_world
8 starts since 2003!! Most other players with such poor injury records would have been released years ago.

Threatening to close a thread down because some posters don't rate a player??

10 Starts since the age of 16.

37 Subs

4 Goals.

He lost a whole season last season.

Alot of younger players make more sub appearances than starts.

Lewis Alessandra has still made more appearances from the bench for us than games he's started.

Deane Smalley has not long since made more starts than subs.

10 Starts since the age of 16.

37 Subs

4 Goals.

He lost a whole season last season.

Alot of younger players make more sub appearances than starts.

Lewis Alessandra has still made more appearances from the bench for us than games he's started.

Deane Smalley has not long since made more starts than subs.

I understand that.

Alrite 10 starts in 6 seasons. You'd expect a player in 6 seasons to have made some sort of impact at a club.. 5 given his injury last season. Otherwise why keep him? Luckiest man in football Wolfenden to have been at Latics so long.

The bottom line is Wolfy does have ability and given the right circumstancies during a game can bag. It's just the right circumstancies don't often fall into place for him, ie the bigger men cannot muscle him out. Unfortunately for Wolfy I feel he'll just fall short due to his size deficiencies even though he may possess greater skill and control than someone who makes it. That is why managers/coaches have given him that one more look.

I understand that.

Alrite 10 starts in 6 seasons. You'd expect a player in 6 seasons to have made some sort of impact at a club.. 5 given his injury last season. Otherwise why keep him? Luckiest man in football Wolfenden to have been at Latics so long.

He made his debut during the administration season, a long time before he should have done. Last couple of seasons he should have made the step up after a great season in the reserves when we got to the play offs. He's been constantly injured since. If he keeps fit maybe now is his chance. I'm willing to give him just a few more months.

woohoo!!!

If you realised how much money we make for Latics, you might want to change that stance young man.

Probably not though, considering that many would rather see failure as opposed to others succeeding.

Anyway, I though you weren't bothering on here anymore? Can't keep away...

He made his debut during the administration season, a long time before he should have done. Last couple of seasons he should have made the step up after a great season in the reserves when we got to the play offs. He's been constantly injured since. If he keeps fit maybe now is his chance. I'm willing to give him just a few more months.

Mate we've released far better players who have contributed far more to the club on the field. How many more chances does he deserve? Just isn't good enough for League One.

ive not read the the thread but form my honest view

am i happy he got a contract...no

but what have i seen?

i dont know how many games, 1 or 2 starts but a hell of a lot in the last 5 mins?

a few goals and very good goals, his easy one v blackpool playoffs

1 or 2 apperances on the trot

he has shown me good things and bad things

but JOE ROYLE trained with him for weeks and must have (seen something) said he is worth a short term contact to prove himself as we had no reserves for a season

i trust joe , and amazingly i trust the oldham manager

so moan in 6 months ffs this whole thing is boring

if someone can tell me more than that, then you must go to every reserve game but when?

Edited by palmer1

If you realised how much money we make for Latics, you might want to change that stance young man.

Probably not though, considering that many would rather see failure as opposed to others succeeding.

Anyway, I though you weren't bothering on here anymore? Can't keep away...

Cant believe you've banned someone for saying 'woohoo'