Yes wolfenden signs :S

am strugglin to find a reason to renew ST and this just makes me think what a waste of hard-earned it will be. I know its early doors still but unless I see some decent signings soon dont think I can be arsed tbh. When we have seen the giant centre fowards cause mayhem at BP last season eg MK Dongs, Fryatt / Howarth from Leicester, Lambert and even Savage and Ricketts, what do we offer ... the mighty Wolf ffs !!!. struggling with the faith ...... :shock:

The faith is within, not what you see. Fear not for the big bad wolf said "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down" and the lttle Penney pig replied "F**k off before I sneeze on ya"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what sort of logic is it that labels wolfy a sponger exactly? Hes a Latics fan who's been trying since he was 16 to make an impact playing for the club he loves but has been unlucky with injuries. He then gets offered a short term contract, which he thinks about and then accepts, because he wants to give it one last shot before essentially giving up on his dream. He got offered a contract, its not like he asked for it.

Honestly, sometimes i think some people just wave stupid accusations around here to look good because they've got nothing better to wave

Edited by LaticsChris

what sort of logic is it that labels wolfy a sponger exactly? Hes a Latics fan who's been trying since he was 16 to make an impact playing for the club he loves but has been unlucky with injuries. He then gets offered a short term contract, which he thinks about and then accepts, because he wants to give it one last shot before essentially giving up on his dream. He got offered a contract, its not like he asked for it.

Honestly, sometimes i think some people just wave stupid accusations around here to look good because they've got nothing better to wave

oh just because he is a latics fan since he was 16 i was a latics fan at the age of 11 does that mean i should get free season ticket, pls tell me ur registered blind???

We already know he's not good enough. It's far to easy for defenders to push him off the ball. Ifh hasn't made it at 23 he never will. What Joe has seen him I don't know. I think we should have let him go freeing up 3 months wages, which in the end could make all the difference in getting a new signing.

How many overnighters would that wage cover?

The lad has a contract until August. This is his chance to show if he is upto it, if not he'll be released. This contract doesn't mean he's a definate for next season at all does it?

Royle rates the lad as does Philliskirk two coaches opinion I would respect and listen to! I know that Wolfy knows where the back of the net is, the trouble is with his size it's very hard to get the ball to him, very easily muscled off the ball. I hope he grabs this opportunity, great to have another Oldham lad in the side but I do think he won't be able to do enough.

Think you are all being a bit harsh. Lets just see what happens. If he isn't good enough then he will be on his way.

I agree that branding him a sponger is very harsh. Having said that, I've said for ages he's not good enough.

He'll be gone in August.

but hes cack, everyone knows that,hey may even think that himself,send him on loan to staly vegas.

didnt somone once say he was the next michael owen?saying that i might have heard wrong it may have been the :censored:e coming from his horses lol.

Tony Philliskirk said it. No point sending him on loan to Stalybridge as the season doesn't start before his contract ends.

Joe Royle sees something in him.

Tony Philiskirk sees something in him.

TTA have seen enough in him to offer another contract with THEIR money.

KUNGPOO doesn't see anything in him. So what? I know which opinions I'll be trusting.

Guest sheridans_world

I hope he proves people wrong. He's a good football player, he isnt a good hoofball player. Get it at his feet and get him running through channels and he'll deliver.

Shez and Royle and Penny cant all be wrong.

He's got until August to prove himself, good luck.

He's been really unlucky with injuries so fair enough that he's been given a chance to try to prove his fitness, but this had better not be the 'first pre-season signing' that Penney's been working on.

Guest sheridans_world

It's hardly a signing, he's only been given a two month extension. He would have been a latics player until the end of June anyway.

I'm in two minds whether or not to shut this thread down. The last season is warm in the ground and fans are still on the players backs. Is it any wonder why players don't want to come here? We should be looking foward to the new Penney Dynasty with enthusiasm, he's cleared the decks, he's checking the remaining staff out - making his own decisions. Who wouldn't do the same?

Occasionally, when it really gets bad - we hear the chant "You're not fit to wear the shirt!" - sometimes I think some fans aren't either....

I'm in two minds whether or not to shut this thread down. The last season is warm in the ground and fans are still on the players backs. Is it any wonder why players don't want to come here? We should be looking foward to the new Penney Dynasty with enthusiasm, he's cleared the decks, he's checking the remaining staff out - making his own decisions. Who wouldn't do the same?

Occasionally, when it really gets bad - we hear the chant "You're not fit to wear the shirt!" - sometimes I think some fans aren't either....

Spot on.

Problem is, if you shut this and similar threads down, owtb dies a rather quick death.

I agree, some of the criticism of Wolfenden here is unjustified.

Season is only just over and its moan, moan, moan.

By the way, didn't Wolfenden come on as sub at Blackpool in playoffs? Thought he looked good. Didn't he score and have another disallowed?