Jon Worthington signs

Hi, another town fan here.

Don't expect too much from worthy apart from getting the crowd going. He won over a lot of fans here for the way he smashed through players and picked up stupid bookings. He is very poor on the ball for a league one player, no vision and cant shoot. If you play him in defensive midfield then you will have real problems as he offers no protection to the back 4. Don't get me wrong, he is a solid league one player but dont be expecting Gatuso. One thing he does do is keep the team going and lead by example when times get tough

Good luck Jon, quality servant to the club

Poor signing, get rid, not good enough, the club has no ambition.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we by any chance looking at playing two hard midfielders and two wingers? I seem to recall this being the plan before, maybe we will actually give it a go this time.

A La Adams-Milligan (or Redfearn)-Henry-Holden

Nice!

Holdsworth from Huddersfield? released him yesterday always impressed when I have seen him.

Ahhh, the masterplan... recreate Hudderdfield's midfield/strikers from 2006... I like it... obviously replacing GTF with Taylor (get him to add the Fletcher by deedpoll?)

Abbott - Check

Worthington - Check

Possible offer for Holdsworth - Check...

Just Danny Scofield and convincing Andy Booth not to retire to go...

Mwahahhhaaaa Mawahhhaaaaaa... *fade out evil laugh*

Worthington has always really annoyed me when we played Huddersfield. Mainly cos hes done very little constructive. Its always been destructive. I.e. Stopping Latics from playing. Which is a quality we have lacked - we've not had anyone in the centre battling, giving a kick since mini shez. If he's have been in the side with Wellens maybe we'd have sold Wellens for 1.5m not Donny.

Welcome to BP Jon.

Good signing IMO.

I agree with this. He has always been a pain in the butt when playing against the terrible terriers. Not particularly creative but like trying to pass a cannonball.

I don't care what people said about the rushes of blood that Mini Shez had, he was a pain to play against and wasn't scared of putting everything on the line to get a tackle in. I can forgive disciplinary indiscretions from a player that is really willing to get stuck in and make the challenges that no one else wants to make.

Now, all we need to do is get ourselves another Wellens type player and the midfield won't be a million miles away, and our Achilles heel from last season will have been addressed. Top end next to be looked at DP please.

Derek.

I agree with this. He has always been a pain in the butt when playing against the terrible terriers. Not particularly creative but like trying to pass a cannonball.

I don't care what people said about the rushes of blood that Mini Shez had, he was a pain to play against and wasn't scared of putting everything on the line to get a tackle in. I can forgive disciplinary indiscretions from a player that is really willing to get stuck in and make the challenges that no one else wants to make.

Now, all we need to do is get ourselves another Wellens type player and the midfield won't be a million miles away, and our Achilles heel from last season will have been addressed. Top end next to be looked at DP please.

Derek.

Bloody Hell! Wilson speaks! I thought you'd have been down the boozer in your red t-shirt by now?! :grin:

Anyway, I was thinking about you this morning, Wilson. Not at all pleasant, I can tell you! :wink:

18 occasions where he finished 1st or 2nd in the MoM polls.

Speaks volumes.

A hundred on here voting out of 4000 watching doesn't make the opinion representative.

And the volume is more like a whisper.

Just one more point -

GREGAN HAS GONE AND HE AIN'T COMING BACK, LET IT GO!!!

Get some therapy or take a tablet.

This is about Worthington signing!!!

Edited by mikejh45