Jon Worthington signs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unlike our main 2 midfielders last season he hasnt played in a relegated team a lot of teams outhought and outclassed us in midfield last season, I'm glad the management is addressing what I beleive is the main problem

Edited by Tommy_Fent

8 Yellows last season - obviously likes to be involved (!)(Just hope they're not silly bookings that end up with him suspended too often).

Looks like we're finally going to end up with a team that has fighting spirit instead of a team that just fight with each other.

Happy with both signings so far, Hudds fans seem happy he has gone;

Gets stuck in and picks up yellow cards gallore but that doesnt cover up the fact he has no vision, can't pass and his shooting ability for a professional footballer is beyond a joke (i think his sole intention as a town player was to break the scoreboard)

But new team, new manager, new challenge, can sometimes change a player. Fingers crossed!

8 Yellows last season - obviously likes to be involved (!)(Just hope they're not silly bookings that end up with him suspended too often).

How many yellows did Hughes pick up last season? And how many of them were yellows because of a challenge he made? From what i could see the majority were because he couldnt keep his mouth shut.

8 yellows though for a combative midfielder is not to bad.

Happy with both signings so far, Hudds fans seem happy he has gone;

Gets stuck in and picks up yellow cards gallore but that doesnt cover up the fact he has no vision, can't pass and his shooting ability for a professional footballer is beyond a joke (i think his sole intention as a town player was to break the scoreboard)

But new team, new manager, new challenge, can sometimes change a player. Fingers crossed!

We don't have to worry about that, our scoreboard already is broken!

A bit of steel in the middle of the park, was definitely what was needed. If Worthy and Purdie play centre mid, where does that leave Whits?

8 yellow cards, that isn't too dangerous, proves that he doesn't let men get past him, anyway possible; which is what is needed sometimes, saves exposing the defenders. Good choice of player, our team this year I hope will be industrious and a team. Not just pocketed individuals who were let down by other people's attitudes and inconsistent form.

We don't have to worry about that, our scoreboard already is broken!

A bit of steel in the middle of the park, was definitely what was needed. If Worthy and Purdie play centre mid, where does that leave Whits?

8 yellow cards, that isn't too dangerous, proves that he doesn't let men get past him, anyway possible; which is what is needed sometimes, saves exposing the defenders. Good choice of player, our team this year I hope will be industrious and a team. Not just pocketed individuals who were let down by other people's attitudes and inconsistent form.

On the bench hopefully! :grin: Not a fan of Whits as a starter at all, but it will show we are getting a bit of depth in CM if we can keep him as a squad player.

Have we ever started with an entire new 11? :huh:

don't think we were far off v Yeovil on the opening day 2005

Day

Forbes

Branston

Owen (Strictly speaking it was his third debut after signing permanently in the summer following his two loan spells)

Tierney

Scott

Wellens

Butcher

Liddell

Warne

Porter

Edwards was on the bench another debutee not sure if he made it onto the field though

So depending on which way you look at it we had 9 debutants in the starting 11 and 1 on the bench!

Edited by oafcprozac

don't think we were far off v Yeovil on the opening day 2005

Day

Forbes

Branston

Owen (Strictly speaking it was his third debut after signing permanently in the summer following his two loan spells)

Tierney

Scott

Wellens

Butcher

Liddell

Warne

Porter

Edwards was on the bench another debutee not sure if he made it onto the field though

So depending on which way you look at it we had 9 debutants in the starting 11 and 1 on the bench!

Prozac, you get even more impressive by the day.

8 minutes to reel off the entire team (and subs) for a match 4 years ago is memory that is not normal.

You looked it up, right?!

Edited by singe

Prozac, you get even more impressive by the day.

8 minutes to reel off the entire team (and subs) for a match 4 years ago is memory that is not normal.

You looked it up, right?!

I knew ten of them but couldn't remember who played left back that day, so Tierney and Eddie were from Soccerbase!

have heard we have put contract offers in for billy clarke and danny graham, competiton though... :unsure:

taylor and smalley on the wings clarke and danny graham [who ive always rated highly ] up front sounds good to me,would also try to sign simom hackney as cover,