Croft leaves Norwich

Croft must still have knightmares aout his last spell at BP. To pass a ball and move then to realise we have lost the ball agin must have been so frustrating for Croft. Last time he was a clas apart, how does anyone think it would be different now. Don't get me wrong, what a great signig Lee would be for us but hey are we kidding ourselves, he is a class above us :blush:

Croft must still have knightmares aout his last spell at BP. To pass a ball and move then to realise we have lost the ball agin must have been so frustrating for Croft. Last time he was a clas apart, how does anyone think it would be different now. Don't get me wrong, what a great signig Lee would be for us but hey are we kidding ourselves, he is a class above us :blush:

he was a very good player last time he was here, i would love him to sign but it wont happen, but he just got relegated with norwich...class apart?

Made Kilkenny look a good player...I'd say Crofts probably the best player we've had since the Dowie days of Hall, Armstrong etc. Some can throw in Hughes or Porter (ironically at Derby) but Croft was above them for me.

kilkenny looked a very good player first time around and was playing very well before croft signed, thats why people liked him and wanted him back. he was gash the next loan spells

croft was also good (better than what we had), but i think thats giving him to much credit

kilkenny looked a very good player first time around and was playing very well before croft signed, thats why people liked him and wanted him back. he was gash the next loan spells

croft was also good (better than what we had), but i think thats giving him to much credit

Croft signed a couple of weeks before Kilkenny and Hughes arrived on the same day. Crofty made his debut at Thurrock in the cup, winning the penalty which Killen bagged the winner from. KK made his debut from the bench a couple of weeks later in the last-gasp win over Barnsley - setting up Killen's late, late winner. His first start came against Bradford a week later, he ripped them apart sadly it went down hill from there.

My only issue with Croft was you only ever got a good hour out of him, but it was an hour of him giving everything. I suppose reading that back, if he could do it for the 90 he'd be top half of Prem.

Killen loved playing with him, he scored 10 in Crofty's first 6 games, before he went off injured again. By the time he returned after being 50/50 for the best part of 8 weeks Crofty had gone back to City. Not surprisingly Killen only scored a further 3 goals all season! Thank God for Beckett eh!

Heard Stoke wanted him.

Crofty's a cracking winger but Championship at best, after he returned to City he was involved for the rest of that season and most of the next season (mainly from the bench) and looked to have struggled from the games I saw. He found his level with Norwich and did exceptionally well in a struggling team. I hope he gets a good Championship team, without him and Beckett we would have been relegated in 04/05