one in one out by Wed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it maybe a Small suprise to see who we are selling but im sure he will like the Big One

i just hope the lad coming in isnt a billy no mates and gels with the team quickly :-)

smalley to blackpool

clarke coming in

how do you know?

Out of all the prospects at the club Smalley would be my first pick to sell. Not sure what sort of fee we could get, a couple of 100k perhaps.

maybe 200k / 250k plus % of next sale if he is a success, he has alot to learn but with that said he should be replaceable at this point in his career

If this is true then I'm quite happy with it.

Of the players we have who are saleable, I'd be happy to move Smalley on if the price was right.

Clarke had a very useful scoring record last season on loan at several clubs, so obviously knows were the net is, he will need a bigger guy to play alongside him though.

I'd be a bit gutted if Deano went but happy if we sign Clarke.

Were is this info from? Brentford are favorites to sign him whilst Notts County will offer him big money to sign for them.

Very happy with Clarke if true just back from Cork after spending time with family DP mentioned we have offered a deal to a striker on holiday.

Maybe we are not afterPawel Abbott after all

not happy with this one bit.

Smalley has great potential just needs some coaching and played on the right permanently so he knows his role. Unless we get 500k plus and then use that on players i am not for it.

Id sooner we sold eardley to fund BC and got 1mill than smalley.

smalley out and yet wolfenden in, its just not right.

it maybe a Small suprise to see who we are selling but im sure he will like the Big One

i just hope the lad coming in isnt a billy no mates and gels with the team quickly :-)

:lol:

You know Richie - your cryptic clues are truly abysmal.... dont be applying to write any crosswords anytime soon!

Smalley to the Lashers eh? Well, bit gutted about that, but hey ho... as i've said before, everyone in this team is expendable and up to Penney to say who has the personality to make up his team... but Billy Clarke would be a fantastic addition... Him and Pawel up front will do just fine....

I thought a while ago that we might have to sell one of our youngsters to fund a proper push, shame it is Deano as we would've been a force with Taylor and him switching on the wings. Be interesting to see who we bring in now, a leftie or a rightie as it will let us know where Penney sees Taylor playing.

I thought a while ago that we might have to sell one of our youngsters to fund a proper push, shame it is Deano as we would've been a force with Taylor and him switching on the wings. Be interesting to see who we bring in now, a leftie or a rightie as it will let us know where Penney sees Taylor playing.

Fishul says third signing within 72 hours.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1678018,00.html

If there is one on his way then as long as it is not Eardley or Taylor, I will not be too disappointed. :grin:

I wouldnt want this

Smalley running at League One defences = terrifies them

Lewi running at League One defences = stand him up and he will pass

I know who I would rather sell !

Smalley running at League One defences = terrifies them, Very true but then he normally has to make a decision and usually gets it wrong

I wouldnt want this

Smalley running at League One defences = terrifies them

Lewi running at League One defences = stand him up and he will pass

I know who I would rather sell !

To sell someone you need a buyer, if there haven't been any offers for Lewis we can't sell.

Never been a big fan of Smalley.

Though when he made the change to winger rather than forward he did look pretty good at times, though I agree with the comment on his decision making skills. However this is an area of the game that coaching and experience can/does improve.

Clubs are willing to buy players who are viewed to have potential, but not anyone in the mid-twenties who are noramlly as good as they are going to get.

If we accept the premise we need to bring some funds in, then I think we are down to a very short list of players that would attract a money offer - Taylor, Eardley and Smalley, ranked in order of likely size of fee. If we can manage with the sale of one player, I'd be happy as long as its one of the last 2.

Not too concerned by the sale of Smalley if it goes through, because although he has potential I've not seen too much evidence that he's ready to make use of it. Games like Stockport at home were too few and far between really. We need to be sure we get a sell-on clause in there though, because there is undoubtedly a bit of talent in the lad.

Wouldn't mind seeing the back of Alessandra or Wolfenden before we'd lost him, but still he's one who's general demeanour on the pitch didn't thrill me towards the end of the season. If we get £250k for him with a sell-on clause I think we'll have done well.

Will this be in the 'Chron tomorrow?

Sad to see Smalley leave, if true, but it will be a very good move for him.

if true,and we do have to sell etc then i think in all honesty smalley is the best one to let go.

yes on his day he runs at defenders has pace to burn and isnt affraid to tackle,just he hasnt much idea when he gets into a decent position and thats his downfall...but he will learn with time...

wasnt sheff united interested at start of last season for 250k??? if so he is now established so to speak so would expect a higher fee for him,bags of potential etc etc...

if we get clarke and abbott up front,be great,good attacking front two who can score....be an intersting week

At the end of the day players come and go, thats football. You buy players, you sell players, you move on. But its not the end of the world. Scunny have done bloody well from a bit of shrewd buying and selling.

Billy Sharp: Signed from sheff u for 100k. Sold back to sheff u for about 2 mill.

Andy Keogh: Signed from Leeds for approx 50k, sold to Wolves for approx 650k

Martin Paterson: Signed as Billy Sharps replacement for initial fee of 275k, with an extra 3ok to be paid for each milestone of 15, 30, 45, 60 and 75 games (hence an extra 150k poss) . Sold to Burnley for a fee of 1 million plus add ons that can (and probably have) taken the fee to 1.3 million plus a 20 percent sell on clause. Going off the appearances he made for scunthorpe im guessing they had to pay an extra 90k.

Hence total spent on Sharp, Keogh and Paterson: Approx 515k including add ons

Total received: Just under 3.7 million with possibly more to come

And look where they are now.