Ronnie Moore Sacked

A bit of a surprise but if you attempt to psyche your players up for a must-win game by playing The Winner Takes It All by Abba in the dressing room then you deserve all you get.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attendances are down in three years- not a surprise that one given the economic climate (I would imagine a fair few Trannie fans work at Vauxhall in Ellesmere Port and it hasn't looked great for them recently). Maybe he had a three year contract deal and they've let him go with enough time to get a new manager in during the summer who still has time to bring in the players he wants. It is a bit of a surprise that the team finishing seventh (who were sixth with only about 7 minutes left of the season- and the team they nearly beat into sixth went up) has 'sacked' their manager. It goes to show how fickle football is and Tranmere (who were outsiders at best for the play-offs) have fired their manager for not getting them there when he had done a decent job.

I think Gannon may well end up getting the job but Trannie's have a bit of a history of appointing ex-players to be manager any of those knocking about?

got to be something to do with selling kay - Moore not happy having to sell maybe?

Definately nothing to do with attendancies,

a fall out IMO

Kay wasnt sold he rejected a new contract he was out of a contract

Attendances are down in three years- not a surprise that one given the economic climate (I would imagine a fair few Trannie fans work at Vauxhall in Ellesmere Port and it hasn't looked great for them recently). Maybe he had a three year contract deal and they've let him go with enough time to get a new manager in during the summer who still has time to bring in the players he wants. It is a bit of a surprise that the team finishing seventh (who were sixth with only about 7 minutes left of the season- and the team they nearly beat into sixth went up) has 'sacked' their manager. It goes to show how fickle football is and Tranmere (who were outsiders at best for the play-offs) have fired their manager for not getting them there when he had done a decent job.

I think Gannon may well end up getting the job but Trannie's have a bit of a history of appointing ex-players to be manager any of those knocking about?

rumours on Total Tranmere are

• About to enter administration
  • something has happened behind the scenes in the last 48 hours
  • John Barnes and McAteer to be appointed

Apparently they can expect news on Tuesday with regards to a manager.

I wonder what the little jerk Ian Moore will do now. Hopefully they will withdraw the contract offer and he ends up driving a bus.

I wonder what the little jerk Ian Moore will do now. Hopefully they will withdraw the contract offer and he ends up driving a bus.

I hear that Wim Jansen is being tipped to go there, with Tony Adams coming in as manager. Tony said it himself so it must be true :grin:

This seems a strange one - The Tramps looked a decent side and RM got them to within a whisker of the play-offs. He can count himself a tad unlucky I think :huh:

This seems a strange one - The Tramps looked a decent side and RM got them to within a whisker of the play-offs. He can count himself a tad unlucky I think :huh:

oh yeah - just wait for him to be saying that he got the Tramps to their best ever finish in 27 years.

I wonder what the little jerk Ian Moore will do now. Hopefully they will withdraw the contract offer and he ends up driving a bus in to a brick wall!

aaaaaaaw poor old ronnie!!

I'm sure its something other than the reason given....contract terminated...behind the scenes fall out me thinks!!

It will be strange when they play at BP and both sets of fans are singing anit-ronnie songs

hilariously ironic tranmere sack Ronnie Moore for something Tranmere fans slagged Oldham off for doing. MOORE MOORE MOORE!!

perhaps next time they will believe us when we tell me that he is crap and thats why we sacked him. but no they will prob sign sheridan next :shock:

perhaps next time they will believe us when we tell me that he is crap and thats why we sacked him. but no they will prob sign sheridan next :shock:

hmm ronnie more for hooof ball or sheridan for bad man management skills like a beer and doesnt know wat a manager has to really do