Ronnie Moore Sacked

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said it was that and the fact they didnt make the playoffs. I wonder what Allott must think after signing a 2 year deal there! Hopefully the new man will want him too.

Im actually quite suprised by this. Thought they looked a good side a BP this season.

They said it was that and the fact they didnt make the playoffs. I wonder what Allott must think after signing a 2 year deal there! Hopefully the new man will want him too.

Im actually quite suprised by this. Thought they looked a good side a BP this season.

Then why let him sign players, surely they can't just have found out today that attendances were down.

That's harsh, he did very well with a small, young squad. Looked like they had made some real progress at BP.

Really don't like the guy, but this is a very strange decision taken at face value - they played us off the park in all honesty at BP; and looked a good team for our level, Savage having probably the best game of the season for an oppo player at our place.

Like Senor Coco has said, i'd be amazed if the reason was attendences - it is more likely to be budgets & expectations, playes being released from under him (his son, Kay's contract being messed up etc) & the potential selling of their prize assett, young Bennett, any time now.

Really don't like the guy, but this is a very strange decision taken at face value - they played us off the park in all honesty at BP; and looked a good team for our level, Savage having probably the best game of the season for an oppo player at our place.

Like Senor Coco has said, i'd be amazed if the reason was attendences - it is more likely to be budgets & expectations, playes being released from under him (his son, Kay's contract being messed up etc) & the potential selling of their prize assett, young Bennett, any time now.

Shame they only sacked him now, we were in need of a manager a few weeks ago :wink: haha takes a bit of the venom out of the games with them now!

Hey how about shez as new rovers boss?

yeah, when they played us off the park mate, during Joe's (not so) 'Glorious' homecoming

Oh, you meant "when they played us at BP"? Makes sense now.

For the record, I am with Coco on this one - there is something other than attendencies behind this.

A surprising decision, as mentioned elsewhere, they looked very good at BP.

I'm sure he won't find it too hard to find another club. Gannon may fancy the job as he wouldn't have to relocate, though I'd assume Shez will be in the running too.

got to be something to do with selling kay - Moore not happy having to sell maybe?

Definately nothing to do with attendancies,

a fall out IMO

how can people say nothing to do with attendances??? obviously if there dropping then that is one reason...footballing direction could be another and he could also have had a dissagreement as to kay leaving for a rival...

i dont like his football style,its horses for courses....but he was making progress down there with a smaller budget than us,saying missing the playoffs was the reason is also harsh,as it went to the last game of the last day of the season....

bit of a shock one ill admit....

as for shez going there.....doubt it,maybe aldridge will come back and rescue them

how can people say nothing to do with attendances??? obviously if there dropping then that is one reason...footballing direction could be another and he could also have had a dissagreement as to kay leaving for a rival...

i dont like his football style,its horses for courses....but he was making progress down there with a smaller budget than us,saying missing the playoffs was the reason is also harsh,as it went to the last game of the last day of the season....

bit of a shock one ill admit....

as for shez going there.....doubt it,maybe aldridge will come back and rescue them

They wouldnt let him bring a player in, then sack him a few days later without some sort of fall out

I thought they would have thought of a better excuse than the one we used though

got to be something to do with selling kay - Moore not happy having to sell maybe?

Definately nothing to do with attendancies,

a fall out IMO

remind me why we sacked him - drop in ST sales?

probably a factor of attendances, missing playoffs, and a fallout over money - but if they give the reason that's what it is!

remind me why we sacked him - drop in ST sales?

probably a factor of attendances, missing playoffs, and a fallout over money - but if they give the reason that's what it is!

Every teams attendancies are down and letting him sign a player then sacking him

doesnt make sence

Did they not do their £125 ST offer this season if they shifted 7,000 tickets? Guess it's not gone as well as they'd hoped.

""We are pleased to already be close to matching last season's total number of season ticket holders, especially as we are more than two months away from the start of the new season.

"Unfortunately we didn't manage to get the 7,000 season ticket applications needed for prices to be reduced to £125 as part of our 125th anniversary season, but we are sure supporters will agree that they are still excellent value for money. "

They did look a fair side against us but to be fair we were dire and had been for weeks......Allott was Shez's blue eyed boy and might have signed knowing a little change was about to happen.

There's been a little delay naming the new man at Chesterfield for some reason.....what are the odd's for Shez to become the new manager of the bindippers!!!!!