• Lee Hughes
    • Sean Gregan
    • Mark Crossley
    • Andy Liddell
    • Stefan Stam
    • Mark Allott
    • Kevin Maher
    • JP Kalala

Firstly, let me say at least financially, I believe we had to relases the players we did. Notwthistanding that there were issues of mental strength too.

That said we have had many arguemtns of those points, and I can also understand why some fans belive players should have been retained.

But lets make this poll purely football reasons, who will we miss thew most out of players relasesed. Being positive, by definition whre should we spend the most recruiting.

Probably some I have forgotten!

EDIT like doing the poll properly!

Edited by singe

Hughes. Leaving aside the rumoured problems, it's going to be a long time before we see such a prolific goalscorer in a Latics shirt again.

So that's 2 players you have now commented on, Hughes and Micah Richards. We might get a comment on a Latics player one of these days.... :wink:

I would say Hughes had he not left as half the player he was in 2008. As it is I'll have to say Gregan.

Liddell. Always been a good winger and baring in mind his age, no penalty that couldn't be scored. I think he deserves some thanks.

:laught16:

Yeah, defo... tell you what - lets just replace him with one of these on the right wing. Gives the same function but with marginally more pace and movement...

tggp033079.jpg

None. Theres a reason they`ve all departed, and that reason is there deemed not good enough for DP and Oldham anymore! (Hughes the debatable exception).

Taking aside we obviously have to replace them, we can't just put Flemming, Eardley and Taylor!

Not just for you KP, I know they have all been released for valid reason, and gave two of my own, but who will be hardest to rep[lace?

Taking aside we obviously have to replace them, we can't just put Flemming, Eardley and Taylor!

Not just for you KP, I know they have all been released for valid reason, and gave two of my own, but who will be hardest to rep[lace?

And as i said .. none, apart from Hughes maybe!

Gregan - Was fantastic at times, but more and more was being shown up for his lack of pace and stinky attitude.

Crossley - Missed most of the season anyway.

Liddell - Hardly played much tbh.

Stam - Same as the above to and continually injured.

Allott - Good player yes, but never reached the same levels as the previous seasons.

Maher - Decent sideways passer and continually in and out of the side!

Kalala - Never played anyway.

So in answer i shall stick to my thoughts that there not exactly hard to replace, the majority hardly played a major role for us now did they, more just average squad players. And those that did can be easily replaced imo. Hughes will be a tricky one to replace admitedly yes, but not impossible.

i voted Gregan, but if it had been 'Player most like to come back and haunt us' it'd be Allott,given where he's ended up. You can guarantee he'll play out of his skin against us next year.

And as i said .. none, apart from Hughes maybe!

Gregan - Was fantastic at times, but more and more was being shown up for his lack of pace and stinky attitude.

Crossley - Missed most of the season anyway.

Liddell - Hardly played much tbh.

Stam - Same as the above to and continually injured.

Allott - Good player yes, but never reached the same levels as the previous seasons.

Maher - Decent sideways passer and continually in and out of the side!

Kalala - Never played anyway.

So in answer i shall stick to my thoughts that there not exactly hard to replace, the majority hardly played a major role for us now did they, more just average squad players. And those that did can be easily replaced imo. Hughes will be a tricky one to replace admitedly yes, but not impossible.

I pretty much agree with your assesments there KDP.

As we both agree, we won't really miss any of them. I'd even say not even the Hughes from Jan onwards.

I am sure some we will miss some a bit, but I cannot understand any of the posters getting very fretful over the loss of the players we have released.

I'd love to know who the staff voted for!

I pretty much agree with your assesments there KDP.

As we both agree, we won't really miss any of them. I'd even say not even the Hughes from Jan onwards.

I am sure some we will miss some a bit, but I cannot understand any of the posters getting very fretful over the loss of the players we have released.

I'd love to know who the staff voted for!

Hi MODS

I have been looking at this post, obviously, but there have bene about 5 posts added to it, but none show for me, it's just my last one.

Is there a reasonf ro that?

Hi MODS

I have been looking at this post, obviously, but there have bene about 5 posts added to it, but none show for me, it's just my last one.

Is there a reasonf ro that?

Is it not the poll being voted on just updating the time, and sticking it to the top again (as I have nothing beyond yours)?