Leeds want Taylor

I was going to make a thread on this until I found that there already is one. I have it on good authority that Grayson is after Taylor.The guy who told me also told me about Leeds getting Naylor and Lee Trundle on loan weeks before they happened. Im not sure of the cost though but I have been told he is chasing him.According to some reports though Oldham have put a 500k tag on him which we can afford with the sale of Beckford. Leeds have just about offloaded one of our Wingers, Sweeney and he was impressed with him when we played you.

Whether we get him is a different matter. He was born in Oldham but even so every player has a price.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
£500k is alot of money to a ' LITTLE ' club like Oldham. who knows you might even be able to build a fourth stand with it :lol: .

:lol: How many seasons in league one?

MASSIF

£500k is alot of money to a ' LITTLE ' club like Oldham. who knows you might even be able to build a fourth stand with it :lol: .

We're ok mate we dont really need a 4th stand at the moment. Then again you dont really need 4 stands either so im sure you know where im coming from :wink:

Edited by nava

He aint going anywhere for that price can tell you that for a fact.

Player his quality with 3 years left on his contract?

Bidding starts at 1 million

500k-750k is a lot of money to a league one team and not to be sniffed at. Lets remember he is untested in the Championship and no one will buy him for that.Maybe that is the idea but I would imagine 750k with clauses is probably more realistic and a very good offer for a league one player.

Beckford has a £3m tag on him. Do you seriously think he will go for that? I doubt it very much.

Have to agree that the bidding starts at 1Million for Taylor, at this point I think there are bigger fish than Leeds interested.

The two Sheffield clubs for a start and possibly Middlesborough who might see him as a replacement for Downey when he leaves. As much as people says money talks I cant see Chris signing for Leeds, think it will take something and someone bigger and better Grayson and Leeds to prise him away.

500k-750k is a lot of money to a league one team and not to be sniffed at. Lets remember he is untested in the Championship and no one will buy him for that.Maybe that is the idea but I would imagine 750k with clauses is probably more realistic and a very good offer for a league one player.

Beckford has a £3m tag on him. Do you seriously think he will go for that? I doubt it very much.

So you will accept that for Beckford and Delph then seeing as you are a league 1 team. What has Delph done in the Championship never mind the Premiership. After all we also have a £3m price tag on Taylor :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

He is under contract untill 2012

Taylor is a lifelong Oldham fan

He is capable of playing in the Championship

Bigger clubs than yourselves have been interested

We have turned down offers from championship clubs for him of a greater value than that

Crewe held out for in excess of 2m for Maynard, but by your logic they should have took the 1m offer that was on the table first, because that was "good money for league 1'

all is I will say is if your so confident, put a bid in. If I was a bookmaker I would offer these odds.....

Told to f**k off immediately - 1/50

Told to f**k off after mocking the bid for a few minutes amongst ourselves - 3/2

Told to f**k off politely immediately - 4/1

Told to f**k off politely after mocking the bid for a few minutes amongst ourselves - 5/1

Told politely that the bid falls way short of what we are looking for - 50/1

In a nutshell, unless you put in a ridiculously high offer and offer him stupidly high wages, he isn't going to Leeds.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

We have turned down offers from championship clubs for him of a greater value than that

Crewe held out for in excess of 2m for Maynard, but by your logic they should have took the 1m offer that was on the table first, because that was "good money for league 1'

all is I will say is if your so confident, put a bid in. If I was a bookmaker I would offer these odds.....

Told to f**k off after mocking the bid for a few minutes amongst ourselves - 3/2

Told to f**k off politely after mocking the bid for a few minutes amongst ourselves - 5/1

In a nutshell, unless you put in a ridiculously high offer and offer him stupidly high wages, he isn't going to Leeds.

Look, why are you getting angry about it? Im only telling you what I know.We may not even get him I know but I was told by a reliable source that Grayson is ready to put a bid in. Coincidentally this morning there is a report on the Yorkshire Evening post too.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leed...with.5343017.jp

I would just like to say though, being a lifelong Oldham fan has nothing to do with it, if it had then the Leeds team would consist of the likes of Aaron Lennon,Micah Richards,Alan Smith and James Milner. It doesn't work like that.

We will have to wait and see but someone of Chris Taylor's quality isnt going to wait around til 2013 and everyone has a price.

Also I forgot to say Nicky Maynard is a very good striker and for this league so is Beckford. Good strikers are like gold dust and you will find strikers of that calibre will usually go for a lot more than any other player on the field.Taylor is a winger. Most (if not all) the record signings in league one have been strikers.,Nicky Maynard,freddie Eastwood etc.

We will have to wait and see but someone of Chris Taylor's quality isnt going to wait around til 2013 and everyone has a price.

Your absolutely right, but his price is more than 750k, and I very much doubt he wont be moving to another club in this division unless silly money will be paid. Like I said, we have turned down higher offers than that so we are hardly likely to accept a cut price bid from Grayson.

If Grayson come in with 750k, plus addons taking it up to 1 mill, plus 20 percent sell on clause, plus another player (good player) in exchange, different story

Look, why are you getting angry about it? Im only telling you what I know.We may not even get him I know but I was told by a reliable source that Grayson is ready to put a bid in. Coincidentally this morning there is a report on the Yorkshire Evening post too.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leed...with.5343017.jp

I would just like to say though, being a lifelong Oldham fan has nothing to do with it, if it had then the Leeds team would consist of the likes of Aaron Lennon,Micah Richards,Alan Smith and James Milner. It doesn't work like that.

Don’t think anyone is disputing that Grayson might bid. There is a difference between bidding and buying though.

I quite like the fact you compare Micah (a supposed leeds fan ) to Chris.

Chris – grows up in Oldham, his family are Oldham fans, his friends are Oldham fans, he played for the Oldham youth team, he currently plays for Oldham.

Micah – grows up in Brum, plays in the Oldham and then City youth teams, he currently plays for City. Questionable affiliation to Leeds. Very poor analysis matey: E –

Don’t think anyone is disputing that Grayson might bid. There is a difference between bidding and buying though.

Chris – grows up in Oldham, his family are Oldham fans, his friends are Oldham fans, he played for the Oldham youth team, he currently plays for Oldham.

Micah – grows up in Brum, plays in the Oldham and then City youth teams, he currently plays for City. Questionable affiliation to Leeds. Very poor analysis matey: E –

And I bet they will still be surprised when the inevitable bid of 500k is made by Leeds, they are told to stick it up their arse sideways

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Well anyway the overall point being emotional ties has nothing to do with anything, that was my point. It all depends how much we get for Beckford too. Bates has told Grayson to spend what we get for Beckford and if we did get £2m for him then there is nothing stopping Grayson upping the bid for Taylor. Seems like he has been after him for a while and rates him highly. If it goes up to say 750k for Taylor then your manager knows he could purschase 2 or 3 very good league one players for that money. You haven't got Hughes anymore and I know Oldham fans rated him so he may want the money for a striker or to bolster other areas for a playoff or promotion push.

Who knows.All I do know is Grayson rates Taylor and he is after him. the rest is upto what your manager wants.

Well anyway the overall point being emotional ties has nothing to do with anything, that was my point. It all depends how much we get for Beckford too. Bates has told Grayson to spend what we get for Beckford and if we did get £2m for him then there is nothing stopping Grayson upping the bid for Taylor. Seems like he has been after him for a while and rates him highly. If it goes up to say 750k for Taylor then your manager knows he could purschase 2 or 3 very good league one players for that money. You haven't got Hughes anymore and I know Oldham fans rated him so he may want the money for a striker or to bolster other areas for a playoff or promotion push.

Who knows.All I do know is Grayson rates Taylor and he is after him. the rest is upto what your manager wants.

Our local rag posted story on this today (abeit take with pinch of salt anything that is written in there)

Leeds wont pay any more than 500k

We want round about 1 mill

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...et-taylor-swoop

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Well this is fun!

Many good and worthy posts covering what should happen, but I have a terrible suspicion that if we get an offer of £500k plus some achievable add-ons then we'd allow them to talk to the player. I'm never confident in our ability to get the best value for our players (hopefully just paranoid).

As for Taylor, I think he'd be in a similar situation to Kilkenny - he enjoys it here but Leeds have more money, more fans and a better prospect for going up. I wouldn't bet on blind loyalty holding him here if the clubs do agree a fee.

As for what I'd accept - £1m would be nice but I think £600k is more realistic. I'd try not to sell to Leeds though because they are dirty, rotten bastards and in our division.