Leeds want Taylor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is fun!

Many good and worthy posts covering what should happen, but I have a terrible suspicion that if we get an offer of £500k plus some achievable add-ons then we'd allow them to talk to the player. I'm never confident in our ability to get the best value for our players (hopefully just paranoid).

As for Taylor, I think he'd be in a similar situation to Kilkenny - he enjoys it here but Leeds have more money, more fans and a better prospect for going up. I wouldn't bet on blind loyalty holding him here if the clubs do agree a fee.

As for what I'd accept - £1m would be nice but I think £600k is more realistic. I'd try not to sell to Leeds though because they are dirty, rotten bastards and in our division.

Think 600k is way too low and if he was sold to a club in the same division for that money, I would be livid.

He is worth more than 600k, other clubs in this div get good money for t heir best assets, why should we be any different?

I maintain what I said previously, bidding starts at around the 1 mill mark, although i think the valuations on here of 1.5-2mill are way off the mark.

At the end of the day he is under contract until 2012, we are under no pressure whatsoever to sell.

So why settle for peanuts?

500k-750k is a lot of money to a league one team and not to be sniffed at. Lets remember he is untested in the Championship and no one will buy him for that.Maybe that is the idea but I would imagine 750k with clauses is probably more realistic and a very good offer for a league one player.

Beckford has a £3m tag on him. Do you seriously think he will go for that? I doubt it very much.

Get your heads out of your arses, :censored: ing arrogant Leeds fans. We aren't desperate to sell, he isn't desperate to leave and has 3years left on his contract, so why would we accept well below his actual value?

Edited by Lookers_Carl
language

Look, why are you getting angry about it? Im only telling you what I know.We may not even get him I know but I was told by a reliable source that Grayson is ready to put a bid in. Coincidentally this morning there is a report on the Yorkshire Evening post too.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leed...with.5343017.jp

I would just like to say though, being a lifelong Oldham fan has nothing to do with it, if it had then the Leeds team would consist of the likes of Aaron Lennon,Micah Richards,Alan Smith and James Milner. It doesn't work like that.

We will have to wait and see but someone of Chris Taylor's quality isnt going to wait around til 2013 and everyone has a price.

You may not even get him?! You aren't getting him, if Grayson offers 500k it WILL be rejected.

Well this is fun!

Many good and worthy posts covering what should happen, but I have a terrible suspicion that if we get an offer of £500k plus some achievable add-ons then we'd allow them to talk to the player. I'm never confident in our ability to get the best value for our players (hopefully just paranoid).

As for Taylor, I think he'd be in a similar situation to Kilkenny - he enjoys it here but Leeds have more money, more fans and a better prospect for going up. I wouldn't bet on blind loyalty holding him here if the clubs do agree a fee.

As for what I'd accept - £1m would be nice but I think £600k is more realistic. I'd try not to sell to Leeds though because they are dirty, rotten bastards and in our division.

I am at a loss to think of a player we have sold that we haven't got what was regarded at the time as a reasonable fee for.

Those out of contract e.g. Porter or Makin are naturally excluded

I've just had a quick look on Waccoe and the general consensus seems to be that they haven't got any money to spend unless they offload. Beckford is likely to go but the price is pretty uncertain and they all seem to think it's highly unlikely they will sign Taylor if we are demading 750k+. Apparently spainboy is more out of the loop than we first thought.

One of the gus who works in the club that I manage(his son is a mate of chris taylors) says we accepted offers for taylor from leeds and sheff utd in the transfer window and taylor blew them both out for a lot more money than we were paying him. I can only see taylor going if someone from championship offered him mega money.

One of the gus who works in the club that I manage(his son is a mate of chris taylors) says we accepted offers for taylor from leeds and sheff utd in the transfer window and taylor blew them both out for a lot more money than we were paying him. I can only see taylor going if someone from championship offered him mega money.

Ok you have come to the conclusion Leeds wont get him. That's fair enough, but he isn't going to hang around forever at a club that isn't really going anywhere in league one. I will guarantee if you arnt out of league one by next year then he will be gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays another season anyway.Didn't he sign a new deal when you were comfortably in a playoff spot? Whatever happens you will end up losing him this summer or by January if you are not in a good league position by then.

I've just had a quick look on Waccoe and the general consensus seems to be that they haven't got any money to spend unless they offload. Beckford is likely to go but the price is pretty uncertain and they all seem to think it's highly unlikely they will sign Taylor if we are demading 750k+. Apparently spainboy is more out of the loop than we first thought.

Spainboy is just splurging what Uncle Ken tells him

Everyone wants to play for a massive club

What do they call it when you start to believe your own publicity?

Look, why are you getting angry about it? Im only telling you what I know.We may not even get him I know but I was told by a reliable source that Grayson is ready to put a bid in. Coincidentally this morning there is a report on the Yorkshire Evening post too.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leed...with.5343017.jp

I would just like to say though, being a lifelong Oldham fan has nothing to do with it, if it had then the Leeds team would consist of the likes of Aaron Lennon,Micah Richards,Alan Smith and James Milner. It doesn't work like that.

We will have to wait and see but someone of Chris Taylor's quality isnt going to wait around til 2013 and everyone has a price.

Micah Richards??? You haven't got a clue.

Irwin was going to be my suggestion, but I realised that Pete has added a sneaky little caveat in there: at the time.

£625k probably wasn't considered unreasonable at the time; it's only with hindsight that we realise we were mugged.

Irwin was going to be my suggestion, but I realised that Pete has added a sneaky little caveat in there: at the time.

£625k probably wasn't considered unreasonable at the time; it's only with hindsight that we realise we were mugged.

chris armstrong

I did say I was being pessimistic; I look at us as a selling club (as most are at this level) if the price is right. When you have a small fan base and are trying to rebuild a whole team then you are in a weak position - hopefully balanced out by the owners' continuing commitment and the length of Taylor's contract.

Looking at Taylor without rose-tinted spectacles I'd say he still needs a lot of work. He needs to bring more subtlety into his play, learn that winging isn't all about dashing forward, and he needs to work on his crossing which is too often below what a star player should be producing. Balance that against the fact that he's tremendously talented at running with the ball, and clearly wants to do well and should hopefully have the desire to rectify the faults in his game.

He isn't the finished article, and he is not going to attract multi-million fees. Beckford has 2 or 3 seasons of goal-scoring, Delph is massively highly rated and Maynard looked quality whenever I saw him - Taylor had a poor second half of the season.

All these things have to be considered when you think about what fee you'd expect. I'd love to see a big £1m price-tag slapped down, but I still think if somebody put over half a million in front of the owners they'd be extremely interested. I'd bracket him exactly as I would Eardley.

Seemed ok in 1990. Not proven at top level but proved to be a great purchase by Fergie - although we made a hell of a profit too.

I did say I was being pessimistic; I look at us as a selling club (as most are at this level) if the price is right. When you have a small fan base and are trying to rebuild a whole team then you are in a weak position - hopefully balanced out by the owners' continuing commitment and the length of Taylor's contract.

Looking at Taylor without rose-tinted spectacles I'd say he still needs a lot of work. He needs to bring more subtlety into his play, learn that winging isn't all about dashing forward, and he needs to work on his crossing which is too often below what a star player should be producing. Balance that against the fact that he's tremendously talented at running with the ball, and clearly wants to do well and should hopefully have the desire to rectify the faults in his game.

He isn't the finished article, and he is not going to attract multi-million fees. Beckford has 2 or 3 seasons of goal-scoring, Delph is massively highly rated and Maynard looked quality whenever I saw him - Taylor had a poor second half of the season.

All these things have to be considered when you think about what fee you'd expect. I'd love to see a big £1m price-tag slapped down, but I still think if somebody put over half a million in front of the owners they'd be extremely interested. I'd bracket him exactly as I would Eardley.

You make good points . It's only with hindsight that a fee turns out to be generous or a rip off.

What's reasonable for Taylor? He isn't finished, hasn't plasyed above Div 3, .....£1million with add ons would be brilliant.

Leeds fans reckon Taylor and Eardley would jump at the chance to join Leeds :laught16:

Fron WACCOE....would be a cracking signing.like to see us go for Neal Eardley aswell,could be the right back solution.two great young palyers who would jump at the chance to come here.are everton not after Moutinho and Ledley,Taylor is well down their shopping list.All depends on if and when we shift Beckford,Bates aint gona spend unless money comes in.

I don't think the owners will accept a sub-standard bid for Taylor. At the end of the day we sold Trotman to Preston for 500K, so IMO Taylor has got to be worth something closer to the £1 million mark. He is proven at this level. Last season he scored 10 from the wing and was considered by many (including myself) to have had a poor 2nd half of a season. If played right and stayed in form he could be a 15+ a season goalscoring winger which is invaluble at any club.

I don't think the owners will accept a sub-standard bid for Taylor. At the end of the day we sold Trotman to Preston for 500K, so IMO Taylor has got to be worth something closer to the £1 million mark. He is proven at this level. Last season he scored 10 from the wing and was considered by many (including myself) to have had a poor 2nd half of a season. If played right and stayed in form he could be a 15+ a season goalscoring winger which is invaluble at any club.

I suppose it depends who Penney is sisgning, and how he gets on with him.

In effect the team is being built around Eardley and Taylor and possibly Fleming. Not neccesarily a bad thing. I would think it Tayls feels that the squad that could do things, even in the future, he might stay till Jan at the earliest. I feel if he was going to go, he would have by now stating the turnaround in team and all the pople he got on with have left (well some of them!)

• 3 weeks later...

saw Chris when I was out shopping yesterday (not in Tesco btw) and he confirmed that he wasn't aware of any interest. now I'm not necessarily saying he would tell me if there was, but considering he was open about his exploits in Zante the other week, theres a good chance that he would have done!

saw Chris when I was out shopping yesterday (not in Tesco btw) and he confirmed that he wasn't aware of any interest. now I'm not necessarily saying he would tell me if there was, but considering he was open about his exploits in Zante the other week, theres a good chance that he would have done!

Seen his facebook pics.. looks like they had fun , although some people on here dont think players should have fun in their holidays