Weather

Ackey

It’s oppressively hot and close down South, at least for those of us genetically pre-disposed for sitting in peat bogs getting rained on.It was blazing hot yesterday. Suffice to say that I didn’t get through much of the book I took to Wandsworth Common, such was the volume and quality of the distractions

Interesting.. 5 miles away in the City Centre, not a sound, no rain and still sunny.

That'll change in 10 mins, I leave work then. Been sat at my desk sweating like a rapist all day not been able to get outside. As soon as I head for the door it will start chucking it down.

For me this post sums up a good bit of the English (or British) psyche/culture. When we are stuck for a conversation we talk about the weather. Yet we don't really get extremes of weather in this country (but unlike others we do have 4 seasons). Yet we also like rules so at least one of the posts is moaning the fact it isn't in quite the right section.

It is quite nice in Heywood at the mo, no signs of any rain- but it was looking a bit cloudy earlier.

For me this post sums up a good bit of the English (or British) psyche/culture. When we are stuck for a conversation we talk about the weather. Yet we don't really get extremes of weather in this country (but unlike others we do have 4 seasons). Yet we also like rules so at least one of the posts is moaning the fact it isn't in quite the right section.

It is quite nice in Heywood at the mo, no signs of any rain- but it was looking a bit cloudy earlier.

It's true of most cultures that I have encountered. In China where language was a huge barrier the weather, through a combination of broken English/Chinese and gestures was often the topic of conversation.

The Aussies love to moan about the weather. If it's not about 400'F they have three hoodies on and a bobble hat! :lol:

It's true of most cultures that I have encountered. In China where language was a huge barrier the weather, through a combination of broken English/Chinese and gestures was often the topic of conversation.

The Aussies love to moan about the weather. If it's not about 400'F they have three hoodies on and a bobble hat! :lol:

I know I found it quite funny that in weather where I'm walking around in t-shirt and trousers and thinking about busting out my shorts, those Aussies going to work (I was staying with relly's in the commuter belt) were wearing wollen winter overcoats over their suits.

It's taken the same time for the weather to reach the Oval from Owdham as you could make it there in a car :D about just under 3 1/2 hours.....and there's no cones in the sky :D

It's a nippy bugger. Was getting hot under the collar walking to Croydon station to go home, so rebelliously untucked my shirt during the 18 minute train ride to Balham, and got pissed on walking back home.

It's taken the same time for the weather to reach the Oval from Owdham as you could make it there in a car :D about just under 3 1/2 hours.....and there's no cones in the sky :D

:lol:

It's just ripped through Failsworth after threatening for most of the afternoon. 1cm across hailstones bouncing back a foot or so off the ground along with some decent thunder. Good fun. Seems to be heading over Ashton from what I can tell.

DSCF7348.jpg

I was at work (in Central London) and just missed most of the rain, but cauaght a bit of it and it was was quite nice and chilly. Nowhere near as bad as Ackeys though!

Got home (to Kent) to glorious sunshine.

Quite funny to se allt he girls completely unprepared for the downpour and chilly turn though!

I was at work (in Central London) and just missed most of the rain, but cauaght a bit of it and it was was quite nice and chilly. Nowhere near as bad as Ackeys though!

Got home (to Kent) to glorious sunshine.

Quite funny to se allt he girls completely unprepared for the downpour and chilly turn though!

So long as the local vicar can rest his headware.

Incidentally, I have tried but failed to get a set of chapel hat pegs image on here. It's the thought that counts.