Fixtures released Wed 17th June

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentford away on the opening day. How is that a horrible tie? It's a top day out, with local boozers (so long as it isn't on a Sunday). Now Yeovil/Walsall/Gillingham/Millwall (to an extent)/Colchester I can agree with. But Brentford?

*Random number generator says 8(1) and 12(2), which translates as Gillingham at home followed by Leyton Orient away.

I would be happy with them fixtures. Nothing wrong with Brentford. Would like a london club as the first away.

I would be happy with them fixtures. Nothing wrong with Brentford. Would like a london club as the first away.

There was a time a few years back when we kept getting Brentford in August. Happened about three times as we were always on the terrace behind the goal catching the sun.

Isn't that one of the ones that has to be slung in mid-week due to the Police recommendations.

I was hoping that Leeds for once would actually fall on a Saturday. I wasn't aware this was the reason for being midweek past two seasons?

I was hoping that Leeds for once would actually fall on a Saturday. I wasn't aware this was the reason for being midweek past two seasons?

They claim that the game needs horses to police it and that these are in use over the weekend when either of the Manchester clubs play. Therefore, we have to have them on a Tuesday.

Night games consist of Leeds (Home and away), MK Dons (Home and away), Milwall (Away) Hartlepool (away)

the hartlepool game will be a 3pm kick off as the 28th is a bank holiday this year..

Edited by shaw_blue

Think the fixtures computer has done alright for us this year- despite all the big trips we could have got on a Tues night we get Leeds, MK Dons (not all that hard to get back from if you are driving) and Millwall (where not many will go). No doubt we will have other fixtures midweek but that will be the result of weather or cup ties.

The last time we played Tranmere on a Friday night and got slapped 4-0, De_La_Vega and I got absolutely trolleyed in 42nd Street in the space of an hour to get over it. Good times :D

Edited by Zorrro

The last time we played Tranmere on a Friday night and got slapped 4-0, De_La_Vega and I got absolutely trolleyed in 42nd Street in the space of an hour to get over it. Good times :D

Christ! That must have set you back at least £3!!

Gotta love 42's on tap redbull!