has been relesed from yeovil would anyone have him back i was a fan of his when he was at latics and if was being honest i would like to see him back

Yeah you would get 100% commitment from Warney he wouldn't score the goals anymore.

has been relesed from yeovil would anyone have him back i was a fan of his when he was at latics and if was being honest i would like to see him back

Never rated him, ran around like a headless chicken and gave away needless fouls constantly.

Over rated by Latics fans in my opinion... he was treated horribly by the club in the end and never deserved that.

He was always a nearly man for me. He always nearly kept the ball in or he always nearly blocked the ball but unfortunatly for him he didnt really have the skill needed to play at this level.

I'll always have huge respect for him as the effort was there no matter what was happening but not really good enough.

As for Terrell well he doesn't seem to have improved going of his blunder at theirs last season :lol:

I wouldnt mindf him back on a one year contract with him earning a good few hundred quid a week. He gives 100% committment and when losing runs around like a headless chicken more than usual - which is exactly what we want. People say abbott is lazy, well heres a guy who can do all the runnin about

I wouldnt mindf him back on a one year contract with him earning a good few hundred quid a week. He gives 100% committment and when losing runs around like a headless chicken more than usual - which is exactly what we want. People say abbott is lazy, well heres a guy who can do all the runnin about

I have read this four times now. Still not sure if it's a wind up or not.

But: Put the shirt on my back and I would give 100% and run myself in to the ground for the cause.

Doesn't make me any good though.

If he was 26 I might consider him as a squad player. But the only asset he had that raised him to League One standard was his engine and willingness to chase down lost causes for 95 minutes a game. Now he's 36 that engine has covered the miles between here and the moon many times over and is ready for the scrapyard. He was only a bit part player for Yeovil this past season (a popular one at that), he simply wouldn't get a game for us next season.

If he wants to carry on playing, I think it'll be non-league. Otherwise, he could do worse than put his level of commitment as a player into getting his coaching badges.

I never rated him that highly as a player, but I appreciated why he was so popular, and spent many a game wishing our better players would put in as much effort.

Edited by garcon

he didnt really have the skill needed to play at this level.

Lol...he didn't forge too bad a career at this level then, for someone who didn't have the skill for it. Not bad either that he played in the Championship with Rotherham too...maybe it was "too much skill" for this level, you mean :wink:

What do you mean anymore... :grin:

Answer to the question; Not on your nellies

Lol...knew you'd be posting on this one...

Oh....and I'm sure I can be corrected if I'm wrong but I'd say from 1996/7 up to the time of Warne arriving here I think he'd be about 3rd or 4th on our top scorers list over that period. Can only think of Allott matching with 9 goals, Wijnhard and Beckett being ahead. Not bad really for a player who isn't meant to be a prolific scorer and had a partner banging in 20+ goals (courtesy of Warnes help). You must be worried over us signing Abbott if goal-scoring records are something a striker ULTIMATELY lives and dies by.

Apologies if i've got this wrong, but weren't you moaning about us re-signing Gregan a few days back and yet Paul Warne would be an acceptable signing? Warne was a player who was brilliant when he was here and a real fans favourite, but without wanting to do him an injustice it had little to do with his quality and much more to do with the ffort and passion he showed. Without that he wouldn't be in this division, as he gets older and his legs go his game will suffer more than most because that's what he relies on.

He was good a few years ago, but hes to slow and off the pace for league 1 now.