Ashes 2009

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Two days??? :censored: me we barely managed two hours today! :ranting:

I know. If we are to get a decent result, we'll need to bat until the end of Sunday at the earliest. The Aussie's will hopefully be out by tea tomorrow giving us four sessions to bat at the minimum. They already have a lead of 100 so I cant see us having to knock-off less than 200 before we start scoring. We need to put 500+ on the board to win this match.

TBH this test match was lost before lunch on the first day, we actually won the toss and elected to bat which I'm sure was the right decision but to then bat like that. :blink::huh:

Skittled out for 102 and we'll be lucky to get past that in the 2nd innings, truly embarrassing.

To see the 2 teams in this match it is very hard to see how on earth we won the Lords test, we could not have been more comprehensively outplayed in this match with both bat and ball.

So its certain to be 1-1 going to the Oval but the overwhelming momentum is with Australia.

We desperately need Freddie back and we are also missing Pietersen immensly.

Bopara and Bell look well short of test class against this standard of opposition and our bowling attack has looked very ordinary in what have been generally helpful bowling conditions in this match.

To regain the Ashes we need to win the last test at the Oval as 1-1 in the series will see Australia retain them, I won't be holding my breathe.

Edited by Hometownclub

People forget that we won in 2005 with every single thing going our way. This Test every single thing has gone against us.

Wrong decisions though. Should have been Sidebottom rather than Mummy's boy. Clark has shown how to take a wicket at Headingley, put the ball on the spot and let it do the work. Or put Trott in for one of the bowlers. It was lost mentally before we started the game.

Guest sheridans_world

Is anyone watching this? 45 runs off the last 2.9 overs.!

29 runs off the last 11 deliveries!!

ANOTHER FOUR!! Make that 49 runs off the last three overs!!!

Stuart Clark (bowler of the first and third overs) is getting cheered by the England fans!

Is anyone watching this? 45 runs off the last 2.9 overs.!

29 runs off the last 11 deliveries!!

ANOTHER FOUR!! Make that 49 runs off the last three overs!!!

Stuart Clark (bowler of the first and third overs) is getting cheered by the England fans!

Fun to watch but too little too late. I'm glad there's a 10 day break so we can try and get our act togther. Sadly, I fear the horse has bolted and the Aussies will again be on the podium at the Oval.

Guest sheridans_world
Fun to watch but too little too late. I'm glad there's a 10 day break so we can try and get our act togther. Sadly, I fear the horse has bolted and the Aussies will again be on the podium at the Oval.

It is fun to watch. 132 behind at the moment. It will be an achievement to get the aussie back into bat. If they do that, we might save a little bit of face and we'll have put more than 300 on the board.

That said, if he'd have caught that catch then, that would have been it.

Guest sheridans_world
It's far better to go into the final Test having shown some balls, even though we will still have taken one hell of a beating. Much better for their bowlers to remember being carted by tailenders than ripping through the top order.

Yep, Broad out, good cameo. Harmison and Onions cannot bat so this'll be it now.

The run rate was 13.6 off the last five overs. Good cricket.

Guest sheridans_world
Harmison can do what they have been doing the last few overs, just not for very long.

I'm glad we've made it to lunch. It would be a real achievement to get them in to bat and knock a run or two off. It'll hurt them more to have to bat than it will for us to be bowled out short of their target.

Cheeky Aussie git!

Shame he's right :grin:

Trott in for Bopara, Monty back in too WTF! Instead of being brave and naming a squad that can actually win a one off winner takes all Test, the selectors play it safe yet again not wanting to upset the 'chaps'. Disgraceful, not one pair of bollocks between them.

Trott in for Bopara, Monty back in too WTF! Instead of being brave and naming a squad that can actually win a one off winner takes all Test, the selectors play it safe yet again not wanting to upset the 'chaps'. Disgraceful, not one pair of bollocks between them.

Monty should be as near to test cricket as you or I. Rashid would be an option if a second spinner is wanted.

I STILL think Belly has a big score in him.

BeeBop has been shown as,well, a bit :censored: really. But he once said something about 20/twenty cricket which is almost relevant and means he is the Magun Magnusson of cricket.

Monty should be as near to test cricket as you or I. Rashid would be an option if a second spinner is wanted.

I STILL think Belly has a big score in him.

BeeBop has been shown as,well, a bit :censored: really. But he once said something about 20/twenty cricket which is almost relevant and means he is the Magun Magnusson of cricket.

England win the toss. Strauss, Cook, Bell, Colly, Trott, Prior, Flintoff, Broad, Swann, Harmison, Jimmy ( I think in that order)

Onions dropped for Harmy - harsh imo.

England batting 1st.

England win the toss. Strauss, Cook, Bell, Colly, Trott, Prior, Flintoff, Broad, Swann, Harmison, Jimmy ( I think in that order)

Onions dropped for Harmy - harsh imo.

England batting 1st.

Lets hope Onions being dropped doesnt come back to haunt us ,

Glad Broady isnt dropped his batting is crucial