Ashes 2009

Lets hope Onions being dropped doesnt come back to haunt us ,

Glad Broady isnt dropped his batting is crucial

Shame his bowling is so erratic, if he could tighten that up he could be the one to step into Freddy's shoes. what worries me though is that people like Cook and Broady seem beyond question with the selectors. Bopara was only binned because he's a very recent additon, if he was two years down the line he'd still be in the team.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame his bowling is so erratic, if he could tighten that up he could be the one to step into Freddy's shoes. what worries me though is that people like Cook and Broady seem beyond question with the selectors. Bopara was only binned because he's a very recent additon, if he was two years down the line he'd still be in the team.

Point proven - fail...12-1!

The weather is clearing up here, was very overcast for the first hour and I couldn’t believe the decision to bat but it’s mostly blue skies where it’s coming from. Stick 590 on today and I might start to hope again... A bloke in work is there today, he was turning down offers over £1000 for his ticket. How pissed off would you be if you did that and it rained all day?

The weather is clearing up here, was very overcast for the first hour and I couldn’t believe the decision to bat but it’s mostly blue skies where it’s coming from. Stick 590 on today and I might start to hope again... A bloke in work is there today, he was turning down offers over £1000 for his ticket. How pissed off would you be if you did that and it rained all day?

108-1 Lunch good start

Guest sheridans_world
Bell gone 181-4

Bye bye Ashes?

Nah, if we can reach 300-4 I'll be happy with todays play.

Still got Freddy, Broad and Swann to come in tomorrow, even Harmison can bat a bit and Anderson, well he has to score!!

Guest sheridans_world

Nah, if we can reach 300-5 I'll be happy with todays play.

Still got Broad and Swann to come in tomorrow, even Harmison can bat a bit and Anderson, well he has to score!!

300 or so might be a very good score on a pitch which already seems to be doing something (I think if we get 320 that could be the equivalent of 400+ on some other pitches). TBH though it might not matter as unless the bowlers get it right we aren't going to get the Aussies out twice. I was a little surprised we have dropped Onions but on a pitch that isn't swinging he isn't that good so doing so may prove to be the better option.

There is certainly going to be a result, and makes the remaining days a really interesting watch! Swanny will be licking his lips looking at the state of that pitch, shows how much it was doing now as they kept North on for longer than expected, which suggests it was doing something then.

I don't know much about cricket, but I get the impression that it's hard to get 20 wickets at the Oval. Although that maybe the case normally, maybe the groundsman have been instructed to make it otherwise. I hope that would be the case? Or wouldn't that be cricket?

Dunno properly myself, but all the noises the TMS team and the sky sports crew all seemed to think 330 would be a very very good score on this pitch the way its deteriating rapidly at the moment. Or so i think, could be wrong?

I don't know much about cricket, but I get the impression that it's hard to get 20 wickets at the Oval. Although that maybe the case normally, maybe the groundsman have been instructed to make it otherwise. I hope that would be the case? Or wouldn't that be cricket?

Usually 'renowned' for a very good batting wicket - this one may have been cut and rolled to provide a result, just hope we're good enough to deliver...

If England can be 150/175 ahead after that bat again I can see us ripping through them on a dust bowl of a wicket. It already looked like a day three pitch yesterday. Flintoff and Harmison are going to smash the track to bits.

Edited by ritchie82

If England can be 150/175 ahead after that bat again I can see us ripping through them on a dust bowl of a wicket. It already looked like a day three pitch yesterday. Flintoff and Harmison are going to smash the track to bits.

Anderson out , first ever duck 308-9

Edited by razza699