Ashes 2009

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England: Strauss ©, Cook, Bopara, Pietersen, Collingwood, Prior (W), Flintoff, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Onions

Australia: Hughes, Katich, Ponting ©, M Hussey, M Clarke, North, Haddin (W), M Johnson, Hauritz, Hilfenhaus, Siddle

I feel for Monty !

Batting heroics aside from last test though, he is a spin bowler by trade and his bowling was crap in the first test

I think the aussies are going to walk this today

Hope I'm wrong

yeh , he just seems like such a nice guy you cant help but feel for him lol . Think tactically he needed dropping though

Tactically he should never have been selected.

Ever! He's had the odd moment bowling but he's been :censored:e for england for a while now and his all round fielding is a disgrace for a test player. Cult hero due to to his crapness and people feeling sorry for him.

I'll let him off his batting as most #11's are crap at the crease.

ps Steady start so far...

Ever! He's had the odd moment bowling but he's been :censored:e for england for a while now and his all round fielding is a disgrace for a test player. Cult hero due to to his crapness and people feeling sorry for him.

As it stand we should be hitting a big score , although the synic in me says we will crumble

you're dead right....cult hero for his crapness AND his turban! No turban = No player!!

A solid start, but let me be the first to predict we'll have a mini collapse, post a seemingly 'respectable' score and then watch the Aussies surpass it by 200 runs, followed by a desperate struggle to rescue an unlikely draw.

Did I tell you my deja vu joke yet?

We should have done that to Warney in the past!

Right, now a couple hammered straight at Ponting's knees please.

Cook out for 95, Wicket from nowhere really. Shame that yet again Cookie's got himself in but not gone on to build a massive score. Still...196-1

Edited by oafcprozac