Ashes 2009

You've got to love the ECB. This is like watching United play Liverpool in a Champions League final at the Withdean Stadium.

If Steve Harmison is not picked for the next Test I give up.

You couldn't pick Harmison for this test as it is in a different Country. The big wet.

Ditch him. Bring in Onions who has done nothing wrong for England*.

*Although others (Sidebottom) may have a claim. The only reason Durham lads seem to be getting the press is the wicket up here, which is a bit of a disgrace to be honest.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many moons ago I remember a Grand Prix where Murray Walker was commentating.

One of the cars overtook another and Murray Walker got very excited ..... then hit fever pitch with a "and he's passed another one too".

James Hunt, in one of his sober moments said "Murray, it's the replay, there's a big 'R' flashing in the top corner of the screen, he's only passed one car".

Went down to Spinningfields to watch on the screen there yesterday. Aside from not seeing a wicket and the cricket being mediocre at best it was a good day. Beer was cold and reasonable at £3 for Redstripe (my favourite beer, which was handy).

I was down there on Wed and Thurs and it was alright- little bit of an atmosphere on wed but on thurs (they had removed the yellow deck chairs so they can charge for them for the film later on) it was quite flat. £3 a pint is still a bit dear for Manchester and you obviously didn't have to wait for a plastic pint glass unlike some people on thursday.

I was down there on Wed and Thurs and it was alright- little bit of an atmosphere on wed but on thurs (they had removed the yellow deck chairs so they can charge for them for the film later on) it was quite flat. £3 a pint is still a bit dear for Manchester and you obviously didn't have to wait for a plastic pint glass unlike some people on thursday.

There were plenty of chairs but we just sat on the grass anyway. It's not cheap, I'm still not happy unless I'm paying my £1.70 at Sinclairs or Athenaeum, but I expected worse. Plus it's close to Burger Kitchen which is the best.

You couldn't pick Harmison for this test as it is in a different Country. The big wet.

Ditch him. Bring in Onions who has done nothing wrong for England*.

*Although others (Sidebottom) may have a claim. The only reason Durham lads seem to be getting the press is the wicket up here, which is a bit of a disgrace to be honest.

He did alright in the West Indies a couple of years ago. However, yes, he is a wet fart but as long as he knows he's never more than five days away from his mam's cooking he's alright. And the Aussies fear him.

Nah, some are almost a work of art.

Unlike that crappy yodeling bollocks in the 20/20. Whoever came up with that idea needs kicking to death by someone with small feet.

Flintoff running in on a vital morning. What do you have? Half of Old Trafford roaring him in? No. Silence and some weirdo belting out Home and Away on a trumptet.

onions is in far better form -leading wicket taker atm and a better average.

harmison ,when on fire is brilliant,but unfortunately,it happens way too few times.

also,he has confidence problems...a total waste of a player if things are happening-bowling and in the field.

lastly,if he doesn't want to tour with england in the winter months,why should england make special discrepancies for him to be playing home tests only?

onions is in far better form -leading wicket taker atm and a better average.

harmison ,when on fire is brilliant,but unfortunately,it happens way too few times.

also,he has confidence problems...a total waste of a player if things are happening-bowling and in the field.

lastly,if he doesn't want to tour with england in the winter months,why should england make special discrepancies for him to be playing home tests only?

Fail! Even an average Aussie side is battering us, this will be an innings defeat, no bottle or backbone in the side. They haven't the desire to bat three sessions. What a let-down after all the hype.