Ashes 2009

They weren't mocking Harmison when he was banging it in at their heads.

Yes, he's a slapped backside but he can be lethal and it's a risk worth taking. I don't think we can take 20 Aussie wickets without him.

I have to admit I'm completely stuck on this.

The lad is awful at times, but can be great.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't mocking Harmison when he was banging it in at their heads.

Yes, he's a slapped backside but he can be lethal and it's a risk worth taking. I don't think we can take 20 Aussie wickets without him.

I have to admit I'm completely stuck on this.

The lad is awful at times, but can be great, but that is years ago, but could be tomorrow.

If I was in charge and secure in my position I would pick Onions. If my position was precarious I would pick Harmison in a kind of last resort manner.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Harmison's figures in his current match v Yorkshire:

S Harmison 25.0 6 60 5

He rattled the Aussies last week too playing for England Lions.

I understand the doubters, they have a point. But I'd pick him.

Season averages do favour Onions though.

Player ..........Overs ... Maidens ... Runs ... Wkts ... Average Best 5w 10w

Onions ........ 194.5 ... 50 .......... 521 ...... 40 ...... 13.02 ....7-38 ... 4 ... 0

S Harmison .. 211.1 ... 56 .......... 572 ...... 30 ...... 19.06 ....5-44 ... 2 ... 0

Interesting ....

Hoggard 20.0 6 45 3

Bring back Hoggy too!

Edited by opinions4u

Hoggard 20.0 6 45 3

Bring back Hoggy too!

Hoggy's role is fairly well covered off - it's whether we can bring someone in to be the daddy/bastard. It just doubles back on you 7 times if you bring someone in to do that and he falls to pieces because he didn't get his mother's breast milk the night before.

Anyway, I have been a longstanding Collingwood supporter - he has a bit of that Ernie spirit where he has made himself as good as he can possibly be with the talent he has, and he would never give up for so long as there is a chance of getting something out of the game. We are right back in this series. How do the Convicts feel after using two part time spinners in addition to their rubbish first choice one? Not a vote of confidence in their pace men if they weren't up to knocking Anderson or Monty over.

bloody hell..lee would have finished that in time for the german grand prix :nnnng:

Is that the same Lee who wasn't sure of a starting place when he got crocked? He had a couple of good performances on tour but he's not been all that for, well, a lot of his career. He offers nothing on a flat track.

Is that the same Lee who wasn't sure of a starting place when he got crocked? He had a couple of good performances on tour but he's not been all that for, well, a lot of his career. He offers nothing on a flat track.

Disagree, but we'll see.

Who gives a toss, he's dirty Aussie scum - so hopefully he will never bowl again.

He really is a smacked arse isnt he.

If I'm not mistaken it was Ponting who was kicking off in a Sydney nightclub years ago. One of the bouncers was former Oldham rugby legend 'Tiny' Solomona. He destroyed him.

Quick search and it's here: http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/s...appertype=print

The Bourbon and Beefsteak. My word.

Edited by OAFCMIKE

If I'm not mistaken it was Ponting who was kicking off in a Sydney nightclub years ago. One of the bouncers was former Oldham rugby legend 'Tiny' Solomona. He destroyed him.

Quick search and it's here: http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/s...appertype=print

God aye. I was over there and around in King's Cross that night when it happened. Bloody hell, over ten years ago now!

Loved how Ponting brought on part time bowler North to bowl the final overs to get that all important wicket.

Clueless!

That baffled me that, Im pritty sure Monty wouldnt have been able to cope with a 90mph + from a quick !

:lol: I used to go to a college (leisure/sports management) course at Oldham back when he was playing for the egg chuckers - you certainly wouldn't be bouncing back up and asking for another if he'd hit you once.. :grin::boxer:

What a reet nice fella though.

'Tiny' Solamona - a blast from the past, i remember the name well

Only a fool would mess with that man mountain

Nice fella though and a decent player

If you look closely at Pontings right cheekbone area you can see the scar from 2005 were Flintoff (i think) nearly took his head off

If you look closely at Pontings right cheekbone area you can see the scar from 2005 were Flintoff (i think) nearly took his head off

It was Harmison in the first session of the first test, caught him through the bars on his helmet. How I laughed! Shame he opened the next series by dribbling one through to second slip.