What has been the worst part of this pre season

singe

What has irritated you most  

125 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Lack of a big name player to get the stayaways back
    • The shared stadium possibility
    • Corporal Jones' alleged doom and gloom
    • Stoopid attempts to get a transfer rumour in the media once someone had first suceeded
    • The re-sign Hughes debate
    • THe re-signig og Gregan debate
    • Debating the merits of every player released this summer
    • Constant in-fighting between fellow Latics fans
    • People clammouring to re-signing players who were part of the team that went into freefall last season

Which has got on your wiclk.

THe stoopid transfer rumours for me

EDIT

Although I have added the infighting too, that is a close second

2nd Edit just for BB80 !

Edited by singe

None of it. I don't see how this pre-season has stood out as particularly different to last year's. Or the 25 before that. Very little happens, so you get wall to wall speculation and rumour, and infinite probing and decomposition of every tiny morsel of activity.

In fact, on balance this pre-season has been pretty good. New manager, new ideas, new players, and some substantive debate on the club's future. All positives as far as I can see.

The time around Shez's sacking was far, far worse than any pre-season.

The worst part of the pre-season for me has been being without my laptop due to gremlin infection - I'm writing this in the public library.

On the other hand I've not had to read all the items listed in this poll, so maybe it's been a blesing in disguise.

Can't wait for Hyde United! :chubb:

The in-fighting for me..... in particular the hollier than thou, I know better than everyone else attitude that some display.

I'm not surprised that people like you would choose this option, however you are clearly wrong.

I've voted for the CJ Doom and Gloom option. I don't deny it's a burden, but somebody's got to do it.

All together with Mr Marley again: 'Tell the children the truth, tell the children the truth right now...'

lol nice

agree someone has to bring us back down to earth and if you were gone we would miss you!

but still ive voted the infighting, not very good and at the end of the day you will get nowhere

its like watching bbc parliament, one party says something the others have the complete opposite opinion and after 4 hours of arguing no one gets anywhere

lol nice

agree someone has to bring us back down to earth and if you were gone we would miss you!

but still ive voted the infighting, not very good and at the end of the day you will get nowhere

its like watching bbc parliament, one party says something the others have the complete opposite opinion and after 4 hours of arguing no one gets anywhere

Why does the so-called infighting matter? It's only words on the internet. It isn't as if we all meet up on matchdays and argue the same points throughout the game.

main thing that gets to me is new fans posting for the first time always get a load of stick if they dont know the ins and outs of rumours on this site before joining,

when i first joined and posted i got slated off some of the posters who have been on for a while for not knowing any of the rumours and it very nearly put me off posting again

main thing that gets to me is new fans posting for the first time always get a load of stick if they dont know the ins and outs of rumours on this site before joining,

when i first joined and posted i got slated off some of the posters who have been on for a while for not knowing any of the rumours and it very nearly put me off posting again

Ther are one or two on here who like to hide their tendency to cyber-bullying behind holier-than-thouness and an assumed superior knowledge of club affairs.

Why does the so-called infighting matter? It's only words on the internet. It isn't as if we all meet up on matchdays and argue the same points throughout the game.

end of the day if we all agreed there would be little point of having a messageboard, but it's when debate gets personal that I don't like

end of the day if we all agreed there would be little point of having a messageboard, but it's when debate gets personal that I don't like

ye had this on another message board for a music band, had someone threatening to p*ss on my door because i said i werent a fan of a certain song

ye had this on another message board for a music band, had someone threatening to p*ss on my door because i said i werent a fan of a certain song

Which band and which song?

Ther are one or two on here who like to hide their tendency to cyber-bullying behind holier-than-thouness and an assumed superior knowledge of club affairs.

Thing is corp...the problem you have with that statement is that there are, like it or not, going to be some people on here that are far more in the know that you are! I enjoyed watching you have a dabble with one person on here last week, knowing full well what they were saying was true due to knowing who his dad is. The said person being one of those sat on the main stage when we had the 2 council meetings the other November and December.

You do have to accept that sometimes, people will actually know better and are trying to tell you in as little words as possible not to get their source into trouble.

I didn't vote cause I didn't actually feel that this is a bad pre-season...in fact I think it's been very good to excellent.

Obviously some fans didn't move on, an might not have yet (releasing Greegs, Allot, Stam) but I think after a couple of good games they'll soon forget them (excetp Greegs obv) and be singing the praises of Furman, Abbott etc (Fingers crossed on that one)

I'm confidant in Penneys actions so far, and this poll is gonna only bring negativity, as its a negative tinted poll.

More positivitey please :grin:

I didn't vote cause I didn't actually feel that this is a bad pre-season...in fact I think it's been very good to excellent.

Obviously some fans didn't move on, an might not have yet (releasing Greegs, Allot, Stam) but I think after a couple of good games they'll soon forget them (excetp Greegs obv) and be singing the praises of Furman, Abbott etc (Fingers crossed on that one)

I'm confidant in Penneys actions so far, and this poll is gonna only bring negativity, as its a negative tinted poll.

More positivitey please :grin:

It was the Siebierksi thread that set me off!

]Go for it thoughbensonuo, you are not wrong, do a poll on the best part of the pre season, or ask how you think we will fare.

Otherwise you are a moaning negative sniper... :wink:

Thing is corp...the problem you have with that statement is that there are, like it or not, going to be some people on here that are far more in the know that you are! I enjoyed watching you have a dabble with one person on here last week, knowing full well what they were saying was true due to knowing who his dad is. The said person being one of those sat on the main stage when we had the 2 council meetings the other November and December.

You do have to accept that sometimes, people will actually know better and are trying to tell you in as little words as possible not to get their source into trouble.

I don't doubt that there are people posting on here who know more about what's going on at the club than the rest, due to some inside connection. Sometimes they hint at what they know in order to try to stifle discussion on a board the precise purpose of which is...discussion. It doesn't matter how much speculation goes on unless the purpose of the board is altered to make it for official announcements only.

In any case, smug hinting is neither use nor ornament. If people know something they should either share it or keep quiet. Hinting at something and then running away is simply showing off.