Heard from a mate who has a source within the club that Hughes may be signing on monday, DP has asked to release wolfy and lee to free up more wages to give a better offer to Lee.

may be something in it as i saw him out where he lives with his missus/girlfriend yesterday, so he is still in the area.

To be honest if i were Lee id stay with us:

- He wants a big wage to make as much as possible before he quits which i can understand, hence turning us down.

- Notts Co offered him a deal but he doesnt want to drop to league 2

- No club will touch him cos its him

- If clubs sign him they lose fans who object to hughes = less revenue

- he is 33

- Previous baggage and dogs fiasco doesnt look good

us:

-Oldham fans like/'love' him

- very happy in the area/made new friends

- not too far from birmingham

- lg 1 not lg 2

- too old for the championship, big wage/past means thats a no go so left with lg 1

- Unless someone like huddersfield offer him a deal he'd have to move again/cant drive as well

aside from seeking the best wage possible, there comes a point where you have to weigh it all up and realise that you are not in as much demand as you thought 20 goals would bring and settle for being happy at Oldham.

we'll see where he ends up/what happens...

Heard from a mate who has a source within the club that Hughes may be signing on monday, DP has asked to release wolfy and lee to free up more wages to give a better offer to Lee.

may be something in it as i saw him out where he lives with his missus/girlfriend yesterday, so he is still in the area.

- He wants a big wage to make as much as possible before he quits which i can understand, hence turning us down.

- he is 33

us:

- lg 1 not lg 2

- too old for the championship, big wage/past means thats a no go so left with lg 1

- Unless someone like huddersfield offer him a deal he'd have to move again/cant drive as well

aside from seeking the best wage possible, there comes a point where you have to weigh it all up and realise that you are not in as much demand as you thought 20 goals would bring and settle for being happy at Oldham.

While i think he would still do a job for us, how many bridges can one man burn before we say enough is enough. He has had countless oppotunities to sign a new deal with us when we have offered it, but now he realises no one else wants him he decides to sign with us again. As far as im concerned he can go do one.

im not sure that he doesnt want to drop to league 2, i dont think Notts County could agree terms with him

he lives very close to where i live. My mate helps run the local youth group and sees him a few times a week when he goes for a few after the sessions, saw him a week back and had a chat he said 'my agent will sort me out as i got 20 goals last year, not joining Notts Co as dont want to drop to lg 2'

as i said not totally sure on the resigning rumour but releasing L and W would make sense.

I'm not happy with Hughes at all. He has knocked back two contracts from the club which supported him whilst he was in prison and helped him get his life back on track. The fans have always backed him 100%, and Taylor aside, he has been the most popular player we've had at the club in years. Hughes can do one after turning down two reportedly good offers to stay with us.

- he is 33

us:

- lg 1 not lg 2

Speak for yourself.....I wouldn't be too sure about that statement!!!

I'm not happy with Hughes at all. He has knocked back two contracts from the club which supported him whilst he was in prison and helped him get his life back on track. The fans have always backed him 100%, and Taylor aside, he has been the most popular player we've had at the club in years. Hughes can do one after turning down two reportedly good offers to stay with us.

One unbelievably good offer when he was in demand (which I'm sure he is absolutely kicking himself not signing) and one offer which from all accounts was a bit of a urine-take when he wasn't.

Not defending him... many bridges burned... but from the alleged offer of the second contract i dont blame him for looking around.

I would hover ask anyone who has got on their high horse over this... what would you rather have? Wolfy and Kieran Lee warming up in the stiffs, or Lee Hughes in the first team scoring goals with big Pav... You decide... (and no, lets not have another poll! :wink: )

It comes down to how much of what we've heard about internal trouble was true and how much wasn't. DP has had Greegs back, time will tell about Hughes. If he isn't on a hideously expensive and long term deal, and isn't acting the :censored:, then yes 100 times. If not, no.

but think about it do we really need lee hughes now we have pav ? Pav is not fast and is similar to hughes, what we need is a young fast striker who can run onto balls that pav puts in for him.

Hes nothing like abbott. abbott will hold the balls up and attempt to flick it on, hughes is a poacher he likes to run onto balls and when he does get the balls he likes to run at defenders. that being said id have him back theyd make the perfect partnership in league 1 yeah there not verry quick but togeather i would think wed have at least 30+ goals next season. but i certainly wouldnt break the bank for him. and why try getting rid of kieran lee he looked good for us last season even though he didnt play too many games, i thought this would be his season, wouldnt supprise me tho as we have a good packed midfield this season. as for wolfy i like his effort he puts in but hes not big or strong enough therefore id get rid.

Edited by laticmad

Hes nothing like abbott. abbott will hold the balls up and attempt to flick it on, hughes is a poacher he likes to run onto balls and when he does get the balls he likes to run at defenders. that being said id have him back theyd make the perfect partnership in league 1 yeah there not verry quick but togeather i would think wed have at least 30+ goals next season. but i certainly wouldnt break the bank for him. and why try getting rid of kieran lee he looked good for us last season even though he didnt play too many games, i thought this would be his season, wouldnt supprise me tho as we have a good packed midfield this season. as for wolfy i like his effort he puts in but hes not big or strong enough therefore id get rid.

yeah but is hughes fast NO CHANCE. that fat arse is to slow. we need younger more fresher legs upfront. To be honest i would try abbott and smalley up front.

yeah but is hughes fast NO CHANCE. that fat arse is to slow. we need younger more fresher legs upfront. To be honest i would try abbott and smalley up front.

he has the nack of being in the right place at the right time, strikers like that dont need pace to burn

- He wants a big wage to make as much as possible before he quits which i can understand

I'm sure that once he retires he will have a book deal for his autobiography, that will make him a good bit of cash for his retirement !!