• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BP off street map at 162m

new site at 90m ....WILL WE FLOOD...lol

dont know if correct?

NO winter coat needed?????????? lol :blink:

There goes our high altitude advantage.

The players will need half a season to acclimatise to such low levels.

Do you think they will need to use a deomplression chamber :grin:

Its not a football ground though. It's an NFL stadium, and as an NFL stadium it's bloody fantastic.

Thanks Dave, but I was aware of that.

I was talking about individuals designs for our new stadium, and that design although I agree great, is not quite right for us.

Looking out of the bedroom window this morning i thought to myself 'hey i will probably be able to see the new ground being built from here', ' with cranes erected etc'

but then i thought 'hold on, we are getting 4 box stands, which will probably be built elsewhere, and brought here on the back of a lorry, like they do with McDonalds restaurants'

i thought i would share that with you

It has been mentioned the new stadium could be similar to Colchester or Shrewsbury's, here are some pics of them.

Whats your views on how a 12,000 capacity stadium should look, with any examples of other grounds if you can find them ?

Colchester

Shrewsbury

although these stadiums look neat and tidy, they look like they have little atmosphere and in the unlikely event that they would consult fans over what they'd want, i would probably ask for at least one stand with a tier and some qualities of boundary park remembered like the dugouts for example.

although these stadiums look neat and tidy, they look like they have little atmosphere and in the unlikely event that they would consult fans over what they'd want, i would probably ask for at least one stand with a tier and some qualities of boundary park remembered like the dugouts for example.

I'd like them to incorparate the pillars from the chaddy end into any new development, i'll miss the one i sit near, and it gives the stewards something to slouch on, or perhaps i could buy it and erect it in me back garden as a permanent reminder.

I'd really like a stadium like the gayfarm, but maybe on a smaller scale.

Given a tight budget, does anyone think/know that if you buy the box stadium it makes it that sifgificantly much cheaper than say a more individual design such as Huddersfields? My thinking is that the basic steel supports willh ave to be individually made anyway, and that we can;t use the moulds from Shrews/Colchester can we?

We know TTA have always been impressed with the setup at The Halliwell Jones Stadium, so maybe we would looking at something like this;

Halliwell%20Jones%20Panoramic.jpg

The Halliwell is a great little stadium to be honest... Good viewing angles as well...

Cost about £8 million....

Edited by oafc0000

It has been mentioned the new stadium could be similar to Colchester or Shrewsbury's, here are some pics of them.

Whats your views on how a 12,000 capacity stadium should look, with any examples of other grounds if you can find them ?

Colchester

Shrewsbury

Horrible. Truly horrible.

Those stands look like they should be surrounding a school athletics track.

A little better.

Looks identical to the others to me, for windy Oldham TTA need too look at a stadium where the corners are filled.

Has anyone any example of a smaller stadium like that, I seem to remember Sports Park 2000 was a good design ?

Looks identical to the others to me, for windy Oldham TTA need too look at a stadium where the corners are filled.

Has anyone any example of a smaller stadium like that, I seem to remember Sports Park 2000 was a good design ?

Scunthorpe? :shock:

it wont be much different if the corners are filled in :disappointed:

Looks similar to the others to me, for windy Oldham T4A need to look at a stadium where the corners are filled.

The pic is of Scunthorpe's, which only has a 9,000 capacity, however I don't like the posts supporting all the stands.

I seem to remember Sports Park 2000 was a good design, has anyone a pic if that as maybe a cut down version of that stadium would suit ?

Glanford%20Park%2013.jpg

Edited by BP1960

Looks similar to the others to me, for windy Oldham T4A need to look at a stadium where the corners are filled.

The pic is of Scunthorpe's, which only has a 9,000 capacity, however I don't like the posts supporting all the stands.

I seem to remember Sports Park 2000 was a good design, has anyone a pic if that as maybe a cut down version of that stadium would suit ?

Glanford%20Park%2013.jpg

Thats exactly what we are getting, if we have filled in corners i think

we wont have supporting posts

stick another couple of rows of seats around the ground and bobs yer uncle a 12000 seater thing

The Club statement says the community stadium design would be along the lines of those at Shrewsbury and Colchester.

The original artist’s impression for Colchester looked like this, which we may see soon with a Latics badge on it:

stadium_visual_600by600.jpg

Here is an extract from a Southend fan’s comparison between the two stadia and favouring the one at Colchester .

Since its design was first released, comparisons to Shrewsbury’s New Meadow had been endless, perhaps not unduly with pictures looking similar, but after arriving, this ground (The Weston Homes Community Stadium, to give it its official title), seemed a lot bigger, if just as much in the middle of nowhere! From the outside, whilst colours are a little bland, the exterior walls of the stands slope in at an angle with the roof on each sloping back downwards over them, making for an unusual, but impressive sight. The Main Stand has an imposing frontage, and it does seem like Colchester have spent a bit more money for effectively the same design brief, the club shop, easily five times larger than its counterpart in Salop and the electronic turnstiles initial signs of this. Once inside, the stands seem much steeper as well, adding to the effect. I’d chosen to sit in the North Stand behind the goal, and this offered a fantastic view, even from just half way up. After going in, then I had a brief look around. All stands are single tiered, and medium sized, however the Main Stand is a little bigger, with executive boxes running the full length of the stand and some sort of gallery above that (not accessible to fans). Two other differences to Shrewsbury is that cantilever supports are visible above the roofs, again making it seem a bit bigger, and there are four corner floodlight pylons, which even if they’re of the modern light-on-a-pole variety and not especially tall, still look better than those at the New Meadow which run along the roof.

The full feature with pictures is on this link:

http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/024colchesterunited.htm

Thats exactly what we are getting, if we have filled in corners i think

we wont have supporting posts

stick another couple of rows of seats around the ground and bobs yer uncle a 12000 seater thing

They'll want me to retain my season ticket to sit in something that resembles a bunch of market stalls stuck together?

They're going to have to do much better than that.

why dont they just use the original designs??

and instead of the RRE do the same as what they were going to do at the chaddy end...

that was good design of a stadium, think some one has it on one of there pics

Courtesy of the Advertiser:

http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/g/5...cs_new_80m_goal

They'll want me to retain my season ticket to sit in something that resembles a bunch of market stalls stuck together?

They're going to have to do much better than that.

if it was seperate stands, you could have them delivered on a lorry then plonk them in the ground

a DIY stadium if you want